• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's up with Alpha Industries??

jonthomps

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2009
    Kansas City
    Does anyone know the guy who owns Alpha Industries? I've run into a snag with him and I'm hoping someone here can help me get it ironed out ASAP.

I bought two Type 3 mags off his site after calling to verify they were in stock. I called and left a message, he call back a couple of hours later stating the mags were in stock, I placed an order and I've heard nothing since - THAT WAS ON MARCH 10th! I've called and left messages twice since then. Nothing. Does anyone know this guy? Can anyone call him and tell him to send me my mags!?

Jon, you must have missed the memo that says to never order anything from Alpha if you really want it or want it in a reasonable time frame. What you described is SOP from them/him. Good luck.

Unfortunately this comes up fairly frequently. The owners name is Chris Parker. His # is 714-381-2885. He is VERY slow to get orders out but to my knowledge he hasn't outright ripped anyone off yet.

But those mags are so awesome it makes all this drama worth it!

I'm still waiting on that 2nd mag he owes me from 2013. Still waiting.........

Well that sucks, very sorry to hear that. Our local gun builder has had several problems getting orders filled too. Shades of JEC muzzle brakes I guess........

Well that sucks, very sorry to hear that. Our local gun builder has had several problems getting orders filled too. Shades of JEC muzzle brakes I guess........

I have a JEC brake I'm willing to part with :mad:

I've been waiting for 149 days thus far for two type 4 mags.

Sorry to hear about this. I must have placed my order on a good day because my type 4 mag was mailed out 2-3 days after I placed the order. This was in early March '17. Reading all these complaints I'm scared to order another but as far as I know they are the only ones that sell/make a 10rd mag for the SAUM.

I'm a member of the 6.5 SAUM FB page and posted something about this issue over there as well. It's crazy to hear all the complaints. Alpha Industries is terrible at the business end of, well, their business. There's a real opportunity to be had here: someone needs to start making high-quality, durable mags with as-long-as-possible internal dimensions and put this guy out of business.

His typical "mode of operation" is to take your order, charge your CC and then make you wait months to get your order. He's done this to my gunsmith before who orders in bulk. A few people get lucky and get their order promptly but that's not the usual course of things and if you order during fire season, all bets are off. I wish he'd sell out to a good operator......