• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your crystal ball say- reopening the country?

Most states will reopen by the end of the month. The leftist shitholes (CA/NY/NJ/, etc.) will wait until next year, or until people are rioting in the streets.

I can only hope there is a political price to pay for these politicians who royally fucked our economy and stole our freedoms.

They will wait as long as it takes to drive everyone living in their states into poverty and dependence on the state.

Index Funds for me. Made 20.9% last year. It's in the shitter now but it will come back and then some......the question is how long will it take? I have another $200K or so sitting in cash right now and when the virus thing calms down and Life begins to return to normal I'll buy more of the stuff that made me money the last 2 years. Vanguard Index Funds like their total market fund - VTSMX and High Yield Bond Fund - VWEHX.

I only buy Vanguard stuff. I'm got tired of "Investment Consultants" and Merrill and such advising me and making more money churning my investments than I was making. I make out much better buying widely diversified Index Funds at Vanguard (only ones that pay dividends) and holding them forever. My Dad had three rules - Diversify and try to match the Market, not beat it - only buy stuff that pays dividends - only invest in things that are rock solid and time tested and then never sell. Never sell it - pick great stuff and wait. Americas top 100 companies are not going bankrupt ....it'll be back.

VooDoo

I'm not even sure what to say about this, or why you felt it necessary to try to lay all that shit on me.
I'm terribly sorry about your situation. I guarantee you, you are not alone. There's going to be a lot of people lose a lot of shit over this communist test run is over.

My only point in my post is, that my boss is one of the few to tell the Governor to go fuck himself. He gave us the choice to work and get paid, or not work and get paid. My boss is actually paying us out of his retirement account until revenue or the federal help comes in, if it comes in at all. About half of the office decided to stay home and get paid, the other half decided that we wanted a job after this is all over, and decided to stay and turn out work so we could have some revenue coming in. If you read more into my post than that, it certainly wasn't my intention.
VooDoo's quote at the top portrays his desperation differently.

Don't feel bad for a guy with 200k cash that says he has no future. Feel bad for the guy that has no job and $26.00 left in his account. Whoever that may be. Even though he never saved he gets more sorrow from me than VooDoo.

Our Gov. wants to stay pretty much closed up until May 26th. What can open, he has put so many stipulations on, that I don't know wether small business can make a real go out of it. I see a major protest in Madison soon. Mac

I'm not even sure what to say about this, or why you felt it necessary to try to lay all that shit on me.
I'm terribly sorry about your situation. I guarantee you, you are not alone. There's going to be a lot of people lose a lot of shit over this communist test run is over.

My only point in my post is, that my boss is one of the few to tell the Governor to go fuck himself. He gave us the choice to work and get paid, or not work and get paid. My boss is actually paying us out of his retirement account until revenue or the federal help comes in, if it comes in at all. About half of the office decided to stay home and get paid, the other half decided that we wanted a job after this is all over, and decided to stay and turn out work so we could have some revenue coming in. If you read more into my post than that, it certainly wasn't my intention.
My apologies. I thought you were another one of these guys that wanted everyone else to rise up and kick ass/defy quarantine. I have worked 3 jobs at a time for 47 years and busted my butt to save money and now all of it is being consumed while the Overloards want US all back to work to make them rich no matter how many of US die to enrich them.

My job was critical infrastructure. I keep emergency communications centers running as well as hospitals. Yet my insurance was cancelled by my employer, my 401K devastated, my pay cut (before they laid me off so when I return I get's me a big fat pay cut) and, franly, I'm a little distraught with a Wife needing surgery and us having met the deductible and now it's lost.

I apologize. I thought you were another chest thumper telling everyone else to suck it up. I was wrong.

VooDoo

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Let people go back to work!!!! Sitting in our homes is toxic. There's no purpose! People need to have a purpose and to feel like they're contributing! Let the people work!!!

Live a little, take a fucking chance every once in a while. Who says life has to be perfectly safe and all hazards known and accounted for?

I haven't and won't be changing a fucking thing. We're all gonna die. Be smart, but live your life. Or live in fear under the sheets in case a virus may get you.
LOL!!! " Or live in fear under the sheets in case a virus may get you." Oh no, not the virus!!!!!!!! Sucks how scared people have become.

My life is different for sure now, but both my wife and I have jobs that are deemed "essential" by the gov. Where I live, I think we will be back to "semi normal" in about 3 weeks. Our Governor is a giant pussy and will always try to take the path of least resisitance. We now have more recovered than new cases, and it has been trending that way for a week. We also have very few cases overall and few people per sq mile in my state.

I have been conducting social experiments at work with most of the sheeple I work with. Really interesting results. In my line of work I have a ton of meetings, and prior to this most of them were in a room with other folks. I sort of run the show on many of them, and like many, capitulated when everyone was scared to be in the same room as someone else. This week I changed all that and arranged meeting places where safe distancing can easily be practiced and is far less intrusive than if you even went to a grocery store. Out of 8 people in a meeting, I had 4 takers go back to the old way. The other half still felt "uncomfortable". I am guessing that next week I will pull a few back over to the old way when they see that folks involved in last weeks meeting are still breathing and doing fine. I am hoping once we get some momentum on reopening the economy the majority of people will truly see how statistically small the chances are of being affected by this in the area I live in and get their asses back to work. Time will tell I guess.

as far as getting folks back to work and loosening the chokehold many of us are under? I don't necessarily want the floodgates wide open, but damnitt folks gotta get back to work and businesses opened back up.

Idaho's governor can think for himself, WA, OR, and CA not so much.

And then there's Bill Gates the U of Washington's predictions to deal with as well.

View attachment 7298795

Work from home has proven to be a failure for many businesses.

Apple employees who work in Santa Clara County near the company’s California headquarters have been called back to the office starting in September, where they are expected to work three times per week, according to reports from Bloomberg and The Verge.
Apple employees will be asked to go into their offices on Tuesday and Thursday. Individual teams will pick an additional third day for in-person work.
The move is a sign that Apple remains committed to in-person work. Apple’s culture has always heavily emphasized in-person meetings and demos, and it develops and sells hardware, which requires employees to be physically present.

Reactions: DIBBS
Work from home has proven to be a failure for many businesses.

Apple employees who work in Santa Clara County near the company’s California headquarters have been called back to the office starting in September, where they are expected to work three times per week, according to reports from Bloomberg and The Verge.
Apple employees will be asked to go into their offices on Tuesday and Thursday. Individual teams will pick an additional third day for in-person work.
The move is a sign that Apple remains committed to in-person work. Apple’s culture has always heavily emphasized in-person meetings and demos, and it develops and sells hardware, which requires employees to be physically present.

Most people are not disciplined enough to work from home.

as far as getting folks back to work and loosening the chokehold many of us are under? I don't necessarily want the floodgates wide open, but damnitt folks gotta get back to work and businesses opened back up.

Idaho's governor can think for himself, WA, OR, and CA not so much.

And then there's Bill Gates the U of Washington's predictions to deal with as well.

View attachment 7298795

It closed? ? ?