• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What's your EDC knife?

Re: What's your EDC knife?

CQC7. I would carry a ZT0300 more often if it wasn't so bulky, same with the SNG.

I have carried a Gerber Gator everyday since 2006. Does everything I have ever needed a blade for.

(Gerber Gator)I've had three of those got one when they first came out and it lasted from years as a skinning knife , the last two i bought the blades seem realy soft , i have to sharpen them alot more often than the old one

$20 CRKT M16-137 / tanto blade one is also nice

But got to say mine is only used to open Midway boxes and such

My Gator is the old one. Haven't sharpened it in a year and its still like a razor. I agree the new design sucks. This one with the rubber grip is great though.

Benchmade 806 or Benchmade Auto-Stryker

I go through knives like my wife does shoes!! After the years of getting cool Benchmades, Kershaws, fixed and folding. I keep coming back to my 15+ yr old(damn, that hurt to type!) Swiss Army knife, the "mechanic."

Still has a few teeth marks from when my late Dalmatian bit it as a puppy. God he was a naughty pup!!!
smile.gif

So yeah, nothing too fancy here, but I always have a screwdriver and a bottle cap opener! hehehe!

-G45

Just getting into knives and all I have so far is a Recon 1 tanto but I'm gonna order a SOG Flash II and Trident tanto here in the next few days.

Hard for me at this point to justify $150+ for a knife. That money can be very well spent on my guns
smile.gif

Benchmade mini griptillian for me. I use the drop point as the tanto is traditionally a fighting blade and I find the drop point way more versatile for the tasks required.

Josh

I've always been a "folder guy" and still carry them most of the time, but I recently picked up a Benchmade "Bone Collector"
And haven't found myself without it since. Lightweight, compact, and didn't cost a fortune.

23h2cn5.jpg

I ended up making a kydex neck sheath for it also, for when the belt sheath isn't convenient or practical:

346uqrs.jpg

Great little fixed blade and the D2 blade holds a great edge!

A very old Benchmade afck, small version. It has caped out my Dall Sheep in Alaska, a moose, bear...and God only knows how many deer. Might not be be high be high speed, but it has been there and done that...And it will be there when I wake up in the morning.

And on my off days there is this even on older Spyderco provenator..older than my children...but it just works.

When I turn 50 in a few weeks I want another CQC7..My sons borrowed the ones I had..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spyderco Sage 3 </div></div>

I really like mine. Also the Para-Military2.

I carry a carbon fiber Spyderco sage. In IL Im stuck with a 3" max. In the bush I love my Kabar/Becker BK2 companion. Best $60 I ever spent

+ 1 on the afo ii. Received one as a gift. Carry it whenever I'm not ccw. Refuse to use it for utility work, carry miniprybar for all that nonsense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My current "work" knife:

Coty Handley "Custom Carry"
IMG_2680.jpg

My off-duty pocketknife is a Benchmade 520
</div></div>
Thats a pretty knife
...SmokeRolls

just got a spyderco military, haven't carried a spyderco for a while we'll see how it does. usually i have two emerson i switch between.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got a spyderco military, haven't carried a spyderco for a while we'll see how it does. usually i have two emerson i switch between. </div></div>

I use the Spydi Military alot too. Love the size and profile of this one.

I carry a Benchmade 9101 SBK

Its a Benchmade Auto Stryker with the partial serrated blade. I carry it at work everyday and everyday that I am off. Its going on 5 years old and still going strong. I got it in 2005 on my last tour to Iraq and carried it ever since.

(It is an Auto, and I am a LEO)

Mine says "Western U.S.A. H40 I" on the side of it. Got it for free when my Thia went back to Cali. I don't carry a gun surpisingly, and had a couple of fancy knives, but got rid of them. They never have what I want so I don't buy them.
As soon as I get some spring steel though I'll be making one. Then I'll have my friend put a wood sheath and handle on it.
Not to worried about getting into a sticky situation though. Grew up old school. Hand n feet for defence. Don't know why but people just don't give me trouble in person.

Benchmade Rift 955SBK

I got it for Christmas and have been carrying it since. It goes without saying, but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the Buck that it replaced.

Emerson CQC-7B-W-BTS for defense, CQC-7A-BT for hunting. Once you use and abuse an Emerson, you won't carry another knife.

Benchmade Onslaught 154CM Steel. Sharpens easily and holds an edge well. Unfortunately, can't carry it while in uniform, but I carry it everywhere else. I carry a Leatherman/Gerber in uniform.

May need a smaller knife in the future... thinking about a ZT350 which will be legal for carry while in uniform and it has S30V steel which is phenomenal.

IMG_0973.jpg

Laugh if you want but this little guy is always in my pocket. Sharp as hell and easy to carry. I had to put the lanyard on it to make it easier to find it in my pocket. I have a couple of Benchmades but none of them are carried daily without fail like this one.

P1020989.jpg

Benchmade 520 and a H.A.K.

Benchmade's are addictive, I must have close to 20, but the 520 is my daily companion.

When I am deployed for a mission I will carry a ColdSteele and
or Benchmade for every day carry. I like the Tanto style blades.

Benchmade 705 McHenry Williams for a folder.

Ray Laconico small fixed blade. I don't carry it on my belt at work, but it is always close at hand in the day pack.

I forgot I carry a CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S. as well sometimes. Got it on sale at Big-5, killer value.

For a long time it was a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza. After 9/11 I switched to the Stars and Stripes Small Sebenza
ChrisReeveSmallSebenzaStarsandStrip.jpg

It took me several years but I finally found and now carry a Scott Cook Lochsa
Lochsa.jpg

S30V Blade
Titanium scales.
It just fits my hand well and I really like the way it handles.
I have an S90V Lochsa on order (it may be several years before I see that one) as well.

Pat

Damn this thread! It's making me buy more knives that I don't need! I bought a Surefire Edge for a buddy that's deployed but I think I'm going to keep it for myself now......Lock this thread. I can't afford to keep buying knives.

Benchmade Griptilian tanto blade. I have had it for years and it has never failed me.

-Kelly