• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's your favorite food and how's it prepared?

Sriracha bacon... yep that is what will kill me.
Thick cut smoked bacon, cooked, then a mix of brown sugar and sriracha is mixed. Coat the bacon with said mixture. Bake at about 250f till brown sugar is melted let it cool. Eat it all in one sitting.... then cry that it is all gone...
Crazy good!
I need to figure out a way to get it off the baking sheet. It can be sticky.
Good lord it’s good!
Silicone Baking Sheets, lining the cookie sheet.

Reactions: fx77
Prime Beef Strip Steaks 1" thick, flash broiled on the infrared grill, potatoes baked on the same, with roasted corn, also on the same grill. (NO FOIL!) There's something about the smoke that blends the various favors and instills it in each that is flat-out irresistible.

Lowrie's Seasoned salt, fine ground black pepper, onion powder seasoning.

A1 to finish.

Iceberg lettuce wedge with Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil, and that minuscule shake of Italian Seasoning.

Homemade Peach Cobbler (Bisquick, mine) for dessert.

Or..., Baked apples with red hots filling the core, and rock candy spread on top. The cinnamon permeates the apple flesh and the rock candy turns into a hard glaze on top (my Swedish Grandma's recipe).

Also, there's a BBQ place over in Wilcox that starts the dry rub brisket at o'dark-thirty. The bark on that stuff is easily 1/4" to 3/8" thick, and the portions are so huge, there's enough going home for two more portions. They serve sauce on the side, and that's where it stays. I neither know how much they charge, nor do I care: I just take out the debit card and grin like a fool.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike 556
Sounds magnificent greg! Damn this is my old thread from yrs ago!

Reverse searing some tomahawks today. On the smoker until 115 degrees, sear off on the grill, top with compounded butter. A little EH Taylor to tide me over until then (y)

Fried chicken. Food of the Gods.

Attachments

• 1521956859824.png
    1521956859824.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Mwalex
Boy you sure can’t go wrong with a good crispy plate of fried chicken, especially with some good meaty wings! Plus a huge helping of mashed potatoes!

Reactions: Mwalex
Prime Beef Strip Steaks 1" thick, flash broiled on the infrared grill, potatoes baked on the same, with roasted corn, also on the same grill. (NO FOIL!) There's something about the smoke that blends the various favors and instills it in each that is flat-out irresistible.

Lowrie's Seasoned salt, fine ground black pepper, onion powder seasoning.

A1 to finish.

Iceberg lettuce wedge with Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil, and that minuscule shake of Italian Seasoning.

Homemade Peach Cobbler (Bisquick, mine) for dessert.

Or..., Baked apples with red hots filling the core, and rock candy spread on top. The cinnamon permeates the apple flesh and the rock candy turns into a hard glaze on top (my Swedish Grandma's recipe).

Also, there's a BBQ place over in Wilcox that starts the dry rub brisket at o'dark-thirty. The bark on that stuff is easily 1/4" to 3/8" thick, and the portions are so huge, there's enough going home for two more portions. They serve sauce on the side, and that's where it stays. I neither know how much they charge, nor do I care: I just take out the debit card and grin like a fool.

Greg

That is some refined palate! I'm like a pig in shit with a good burger with a hunk of raw onion and real fries! But then again, growing up my favorite sandwich was a P B J! Still is today! Boring and pedestrian would best describe my palate!

Mike

Reactions: fx77
Wild game is our standard meal here. Hard to pick a favorite critter, but the backstrap dusted with Chupacabra seasoning and pan seared until rare is hard to beat.

Really good fried chicken needs a 24 hour soak in seasonings and buttermilk. dredge in plain flour twice to make the crust.

A bowl of Texas Red!
Made the old way.
No mixes, no beans, no cinnamon or tomatoes.
No jalapeño, hatch, or other green stuff.

Rough hacked up meat, not ground, smoked or grilled a bit, seasoned a little, not all the way done.
Big batch of dried red chillies, onion,, garlic, mexican oregano, cumin, salt and peper.
I use 30 chillies( a blend )for 4lb of meat, it's not that hot.

Put seasoned meat on low and slow, use some of those expanded aluminum screens, dont cook till done.
Take a big batch of peppers tear off the stems, use the seeds as well , garic cloves and onions all go in a pot of water to boil.
Mash this around with a potato masher.
Strain the Chilli pot out into a big pot with the meat , you can boil the chillies twice, some folks blend up the chillies and add that
But by then you allredy have all the flavor and the little pices dont get stuck on your teeth.
Simmer low and slow for a couple of hours do not boil your meat, eventialy it will thicken and get tender I dont use flower or masa.
If you need to sweeten it you can use sugar or a can of tomato paste (cheating tradition)..

You will never eat from a mix or can ever again.
You will want some good local beer, lots of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snipe260
Maybe refined tastes, maybe a simple realization that when groceries are basically a 2+ hour round trip away, it pays to buy the good stuff once you actually get there.

Top sirloin 2"
Season meat to taste
Meat in cast iron pan sear one side 6 min.
Flip steak
Place in oven at 450 degrees until internal temp is 125 degrees
Eat!

Reactions: Mike 556
Top sirloin 2"
Season meat to taste
Meat in cast iron pan sear one side 6 min.
Flip steak
Place in oven at 450 degrees until internal temp is 125 degrees
Eat!

Try it reversed

Bake first until the temperature is where you want it and then sear for 2 minutes per side in a super hot pan. Called a reverse sear method. I think you'll like it

How about a handfull of ribs. Smoked!
St Lewis cut is best for the money, baby back's are expensive, chine on has waste and hassle.
Pull the membrane off of the back side and cut off the flap of meat on that side as well, chefs treat.
Rub liberally with a good dry rub, no sause yet, set aside or fridge.

Start offset smoker up and burn down to coals.
I like a mix of 50% oak, the rest a mix of mesquite and pecan.

After about 3 hours the outside of ribs should be dry and have a nice bark.
Thats time to add sauce thin layer at a time.

When the meat pulls back from the end of bones by about 1/2 inch there done.

Pot roast and garlic mashed potatoes with deep fried brussel sprouts and a nice hoppy IPA. I'm game for just about any beef or pork braised and slow cooked until it falls apart with gravy on it.

This recipe uses a NY Strip Roast, with at least a 1/4" fat layer on one side. The cut, and fat content are important!

You will probably NEVER have leftovers (& if you do, they won't last very long), and this meat has actually converted vegetarians...I've served it with different sides, but roasted potatoes and carrots works well too, so don't be afraid to switch it up...the meat is the star of the show.

Take 4 garlic cloves, and dice them up real fine. Use the fresh stuff, it's worth the extra effort. Take 8 fresh Sage leaves, 4 Tsp. fresh Thyme and chop that up real fine, too. Mix these into the garlic with with 4 teaspoons Olive Oil, 4 teaspoons Salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh Black Pepper. A food processor, or immersion blender would probably work, but I always use a mortar & pestle - the goal here, is to make a paste.

Now, take this delicious-looking roast out of the package, and pat it dry, and place it Fat Side Up into a roasting pan (on a roasting pan rack, preferrably). Rub that awesome garlic paste all over the meat, and put it in the fridge to chill (for at least 4 hours...I do mine a day ahead, to give those flavors extra time to seep in).

When you're ready to roast it, preheat your oven to 450°F, and once at temperature, roast the meat for 15 minutes to sear it, sealing in the awesomeness.

Reduce the oven temp down to 350°, and roast it according to your preferences (use a meat thermometer, in the thickest part of the roast):

- 130°F for medium-rare, about 35 minutes

- 140°F for medium, about 40 minutes

Take it out, and let it stand for 20 minutes before cutting, to let the juices settle.

Enjoy!

Top shelf dogs.
Wrap dogs in bacon start on grill then before they start to flame up move them to the top shelf untill bacon is where you like it.
20180707_190130.jpg
Warm your buns stuffed with cheese up top till it melts, put half your condiments on before the dogs.

Don't try and rush the bacon, and season it before wrapping.
20180707_190724.jpg

Batching it again, so easy digs.
BLT, not, tomatoes and leftover lettuce shot.

Determined on that route went with this sandwich instead.
#1 requirement no big mess.

Bacon swiss grilled cheese.

Season and grill your bacon, no mess just use the top shelf of grill to finish it.
No beer breaks while doing this!

Buttered bread, swiss slices on a pan or comal, (cast iron flat plate) very useful.
Some onion and ranch dressing in the middle of the sandwich and cook like a grilled cheese.

Almost zero mess, Knife, grill tongs need washed, comal needs wiped off. .
Not rocket science or Houten. Quiseen but very doable comfort food!20180708_195437.jpgr20180708_193837.jpg20180708_192103.jpg

My new favorite tortilla dish would be a pound of ground pork put on the smoker for an hour with mesquite wood. Throw an onion on the smoker to. After the hours up add a whole can of diced tomatoes with juice put it on the stove over medium high heat until all the tomato juice is gone. Serve on a tortilla with cheese the onion, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime. Goes very well with a corina

Reactions: Snuby642
Fail safe
Sockeye Salmon
Place in a pan on dill and rosemary.
Drizzle with oil and little salt to taste
bake at 325 degrees (for me it is 23")
Perfect every time

I like a lot of stuff, but I guess if I'm honest it's damn raisin bran. I probably eat more of that than anything else.

Sriracha bacon... yep that is what will kill me.
Thick cut smoked bacon, cooked, then a mix of brown sugar and sriracha is mixed. Coat the bacon with said mixture. Bake at about 250f till brown sugar is melted let it cool. Eat it all in one sitting.... then cry that it is all gone...
Crazy good!
I need to figure out a way to get it off the baking sheet. It can be sticky.
Good lord it’s good!

Not to one up you, but I've done the sriracha and brown sugar mix, but do it with Pork Belly, cube it make pork belly burnt ends and then use the sriracha and brown sugar as your sauce / glaze.

Theres something about the sweet heat of sriracha and brown sugar that just makes it wonderful.

Reactions: Barneybdb
How many amazing dishes are here! I like to eat steak and vegetable salads most of all. Everyone knows how to cook them.

Prime rib-eye grilled with quarter stick European grass-fed butter and seasoned. Had waygu tenderloin last week and it didn't match it.

Hi,

No...he has those color coordinated recycle bins with holes in top.
He also might be the first New Yorker to have not capitalized the "N" and "Y"....

Sincerely,
Theis

I appreciate the update Stud! He's obviously on a Mission From God.

Charbroiled Prime Strip Steak (Costco).

Charbroil Commercial Infrared grill, all the way up, really screamin'.

Start with:

Big Shrimp (many of them...) with Homemade Cocktail Sauce: Ground/Prepared Horseradish, Catsup, and some real live lime juice; real Spunky, add Louisiana Hot Sauce for the genuinely deranged, one person at a time as requested. Real live Lemons squeezed over just barely done steamed shelled shrimp, for appetizer over a bed of thinly shredded iceberg lettuce; use enough lemon to saturate lettuce, eat as salad course. Keebler Club Crackers on the side.

About 1.5" thick (these steaks are monsters, slice into two before cooking for petite portions) steaks at room temp with Onion Powder, Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Pepper, period. Never, never, never, ever, ever, ever put garlic on fine beef...

5-6 min first side, 4 min other side, off to rest for 20 min. Center dark(er) pink. After rest, coarse slice at 45 degrees. Catch drippings for atop open, buttered Russet.

Served with Baked Russet, and Grilled Corn on Cob. Butter (for beef, too), A1, available on the side, as is plenty of McCormick's Brown Gravy (as per directoions, except add (little) Beef Better Than Bouillon mixed in).

Peach Pie hot with Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert.

Bass Ale.

Save it for the good times, no more often than once a month, friends essential.

Greg

Last edited:
How many amazing dishes are here! I like to eat steak and vegetable salads most of all. Everyone knows how to cook them.
The only problem is that I don't really like to cook, but sometimes I make exceptions for my loved ones. It's easier for me to go and order street food from food trucks and enjoy it. In these places, they cook much tastier than I do, and faster. There is always such a van near my house, and I am their frequent guest. I saw this truck and I wanted to eat so much, I think many people will understand me. Have a nice day, everyone.

The only problem is that I don't really like to cook, but sometimes I make exceptions for my loved ones. It's easier for me to go and order street food from food trucks and enjoy it. In these places, they cook much tastier than I do, and faster. There is always such a van near my house, and I am their frequent guest. I saw this truck and I wanted to eat so much, I think many people will understand me. Have a nice day, everyone.
Are we going to see you in a future season of "Worst Cooks in America"?