• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your fighting knife?

Back when I was in school (with very little disposable income) I picked up a Boker clone of Bill Coye's Ridgeback. Steel isn't as nice as his, but it's handy and holds a good edge...$80 well spent. Nowadays it sits in Armordillo kydex behind my radio, between my outer and inner duty belts. Easily deployed for a support side grab-n-stab.

Eventually I'd like to get a real Coye...and a few from Half Face Blades as well. Everything Andy makes is solid as a tank, and a work of art to boot.

Attachments

• 20210225_190411.jpg
    20210225_190411.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210225_190425.jpg
    20210225_190425.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210225_191559.jpg
    20210225_191559.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Longshot231
Nothing killed more men than this knife!
It is like the 1911 knife.
😅

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2021-02-26 às 12.33.09.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-02-26 às 12.33.09.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
My idiot brother stabbed me with a pencil.

I sometimes get asked the question; "You don't seem to like your brother much do you?

Me: "He did stab me."
I stabbed a kid in the nose with a pencil. We were in second grade. Sum bitch never fucked with me again. The school nurse squeezed his nose so hard the lead shot out like popping a big zit.

My idiot brother stabbed me with a pencil.

I sometimes get asked the question; "You don't seem to like your brother much do you?

Me: "He did stab me."
Ya I know how you feel. My fuckin brother shot me one time.

Ya I know how you feel. My fuckin brother shot me one time.

I don’t have anything to do with any relatives. There friends that I have that are closer than brothers or sisters.

Sometimes I wonder if it was me or them that was adopted.

Other than staying away from the idiot, I hope you didn’t have any long term disability because of his stupidity.

This is a fun walk down memory lane. When I was young and was out in nature a lot these were my go to knives. The big monster started its life as an Al Mar Pathfinder, and when the handle got loose It got a custom handle that I carved up, actualy mostly used a file that stuff is hard as hell. It was great for hacking through Mangroves and as a light hatchet. It lived in my pack, cut one pack to pieces hence the home-made sheath.

But mostly I carried the one that could open a beer, or the buck knife that was light with a good grip. Not as a fighter, more for around camp.

I do own some nice fighters, a Cold Steel Tai Pai and the smaller Peace Keeper. They never really got used, I have strapped them on for a few courses that wanted you to get physical if you ran out of ammo, but never thought them worth the space and weight otherwise.

The folders are my life now, I cant always carry a firearm, but feel naked without something handy.

Attachments

• 20210302_154110.jpg
    20210302_154110.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210302_154126.jpg
    20210302_154126.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210302_154131.jpg
    20210302_154131.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 67
Cool knife but the sheath, while inventive, wouldn't be conducive to 'fighting'.

Reactions: Genin
Here’s a couple of interesting stories about the Gurkhas and their khukuri knives.

I like this one because the mean ole scary Gurkhas made the terrorists cry.

The video is a short summation of a real badass Gurkha that took on 40 train robbers.

A Leatherman wave....Way more utility then any large Rambo knife...
Open MRE's
cut banding straps on ammo crates
tighten loose screws
cut rope (with serrated blade

Lost my first knife out in the Deserts of the NTC....carried my Wave until I retired.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
The most dangerously sharp knife I have is my Skookum Bush Tool, but I would not want it in a fight, it has no security for a thrust at all. I also own a Cold Steel push dagger, pure purpose-driven brutality, worthless in the bush.

Reactions: Longshot231