• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats YOUR primary reason....

Re: Whats YOUR primary reason....

I use it for the recoil impulse. I am not sure that it makes a big accuracy difference, never tested for that.

All of the above and to get the timing right with the system.

Once you get it adjusted right, your life is so much nicer when shooting the rifle.

If you follow my way of adjustment you will be fine.

1. Turn the system off 100%
2. Go two full turns of the allen wrench to open the system.
3. Load 1rnd and fire.
4. Check to see if you bolt lock back if you do skip to step 7
5. If bolt is closed or short stroked go 1 full turn more gas.
6. repeat step 3 to 5
7. Once you have bolt lock back turn off gas by 1/2 turn
8. fire 1 rnd
9. Check for bolt lock back if so repeat step 7 & 8
10. Once you find that half turn that makes the bolt <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT lock back</span>, go a quarter turn to the sweet spot.
11. Add a 1/2 turn from the sweet spot to open the system up and test 3 rnds. for bolt lock back.

Once all done count the amount of turns to remove the stopper screw and record that in your data book. Secure the gas stopper screw with loc-tite or Teflon tape and return the gas stopper screw to the right amount of turns to the setting you recorded.

You will have a gas system that will run like a champ all year long if you follow this process.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the above and to get the timing right with the system.

Once you get it adjusted right, your life is so much nicer when shooting the rifle.

If you follow my way of adjustment you will be fine.

1. Turn the system off 100%
2. Go two full turns of the allen wrench to open the system.
3. Load 1rnd and fire.
4. Check to see if you bolt lock back if you do skip to step 7
5. If bolt is closed or short stroked go 1 full turn more gas.
6. repeat step 3 to 5
7. Once you have bolt lock back turn off gas by 1/2 turn
8. fire 1 rnd
9. Check for bolt lock back if so repeat step 7 & 8
10. Once you find that half turn that makes the bolt <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT lock back</span>, go a quarter turn to the sweet spot.
11. Add a 1/2 turn from the sweet spot to open the system up and test 3 rnds. for bolt lock back.

Once all done count the amount of turns to remove the stopper screw and record that in your data book. Secure the gas stopper screw with loc-tite or Teflon tape and return the gas stopper screw to the right amount of turns to the setting you recorded.

You will have a gas system that will run like a champ all year long if you follow this process.

John </div></div>

thats handy, thanks