• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your take on this

20Incher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Westchester
20200123_181228.jpg

How much weight difference is there with them. Are they also the same lot?

It’s not the lighting at all,6.5 CM ,Bought as “new” .Weight on darker cases are about 156.4 to 156.8 and the “new” are 160 to 161

Was it a forum or store. Either one I would request a refund

So I brought my 550 to a buddies house,Going through divorce.I’m stock piling some brass.Ordered new brass and was getting ready to reload and started weighing and came across this.Did they send me once fired brass by accident.

I actually ordered another batch from them and haven’t looked at it yet.I’ll go through those tomorrow and give update.Gonna call them tomorrow and let them know.

When you buy brass at two different times you can plan on the weight being different.

Sometimes you can purchase a package of brass and the weight will vary more than what you're seeing.

It was a store ,Thing is I already primed them.

Do you have access to a hand de-priming tool, either your own or a buddy’s? If no, it may be worth picking one up to have it, not just to remove the primers in that batch on the left. They’re not expensive.

I’d def request a refund/exchange if that left side batch is once fired like mentioned above. Store may have just made a mistake in packing your order.

Good luck, hope you can get it worked out.

I didn’t buy at two different times with the first order,I bought 300 pcs a few months ago and just bought 300 pcs two days ago.

Let me correct that,I bought at two different times 300pcs the first time and 300pcs the second time.The batch you see was bought all at the same time.

Yeah the left group is def fired, looking closer. Hopefully just a mistake in packing order. If not deprime it all and ask for refund or correct brass.

I don’t have a hand de-priming tool.Only on 550 which I have to set up at my buddies

Gotcha...I wouldn’t stress too much about it. Worst case (they won’t exchange or refund) you can either develop a parallel load with that other brass or sell it in the PX to recoup some $$.

Either send it back or deal with it.
run one set till it dies then with possibly a mild modification of the load run the rest.

Weight is one thing, color.
Have you measured anything, shoulder neck length?

I havent measured anything yet,I havent had a chance,when I get a chance I will.Need to set my press back up and get back into the swing of things.Its something I just noticed.