• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats your Truck Gun?

Re: Whats your Truck Gun?

I keep a 10.5in AR pistol in mine. That, I can legally have loaded if needed since it's a "pistol," and I have my CPL. I can put the buffer tube to my shoulder with no issues and the recoil isn't much since it's a 223.

1zqq80i.jpg

my .338...

Guy posted only if coming from the rifle range, just so happens I'm always coming from the range.

Copyleaer,

If your referring to my rifle.... Yes.. I used a car washing sponge and just cut it into several pieces.

I did NOT do a base coat.. the stock was black from the factory so I just started with the OD green and sponged the entire stock.

Came back with Khaki and then VERY small amounts of black to break it up.

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AK 74 side folder with cobra sight and a glock 35. </div></div>

Probably the smartest post here.

You want something that can handle any situation as a truck gun, preferably with a large capacity. The pistol is a very nice addition.

Serbu Super Shorty 12ga and my M&P Shield that I always am carrying!

Thanks bmt, I may actually be re-stocking it at some point with some nicer walnut and selling it. If so, I'll post it so you can check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well... Here is my truck gun..

Remington LTR .308
Threaded 5/8 x 24 (SAS Suppressor in the safe)

LTR HS Precision Stock that I got bored being black....sooo I decided to try my hand at painting it to see if I like it...

Scope is inbound - SUPER SNIPER 10X

First pic really shows the colors better.

Hope it gets a good welcoming
smile.gif

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg
</div></div>

How much money does your wife spend at Pier 1 on a weekly basis?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmsheephunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 600 222</div></div>

NICE!!! Been looking for a model 600. Currently, either use an AR-15 223 or Ruger 77 in 223.

Suresperance,

smile.gif
Thats good... You noticed.... I was tricked into getting all of that when we bought the house last August...

I hate going into that store... The only good thing was that I was able to negotiate a few toys for me in the process and a NEW safe..

Matt.

I sometimes wonder if she would be pissed if i drilled holes in the table and mounted up some presses.. It would make for an AWESOME April fools joke if I found a junked table.
smile.gif

DPMS LR-308 16 inch w/ TA11E and TOMB brake for the SAS Arbiter if the situation requires it ... couple different PMAGS with various ammo on hand.

There is always a 44 SBH between the seats. The rifle... oh do I loose sleep there. I feel so much better when I take the family to the city and have the AR behind the back seat of the 4-door. But around here, rural, long shots, I really like to have a scoped .308.

I can hit a pie plate with the Marlin 45-70 at 200 yards. Problem is you can't always IDENTIFY the target, even at 100 yards. I've learned this hunting. A 100y deer with a lever gun is a routine shot, but if the deer is half in a pinon and in the shadow, you may not be able to identify him, much less his anatomy. Passing on a shot like that hunting is one thing, but that's not cool when it's a more serious situation. Therefore, in the rural area where I live, I like a scoped heavy hitter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brosseau</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshboucher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given my "upbringing", trucks, and Levers, are supposed to be together. It's a Winchester, Model 1886, in 45-70, with peep sights. With Hot load, It handles "anything", including an engine block. Trust me, it works. Very quick, to the sights, and VERY effective! I might go with a 308 semi, Like my M1A, if I was "expecting trouble".Those 20 rnd. clips, are nice. </div></div>

I like where your heads at. </div></div>

+1

i just picked up a rem700 in 22-250. Its an old ADL from the 70's. bought it from my grandpa. He has about 60 rounds through it. Love this gun. Will post pics later.

I also have a 16" factory .308 barrel, threaded and a hogue stock that just needs a rem 700 sa and it should be a fun little truck/sub gun.

i am building a 223ai in a t4 off a r700 and i have a HS precision stock, badger DBM, base and bolt knob awaiting a r700 and 16" barrel as well

This is what Dane and I put together to be used as a truck gun.

293797_3541701505795_1192425730_n.jpg

527252_4354278779719_723510096_n.jpg

just ordered a Grizzly Custom Marlin 1894 in 44mag, hope to get it this week and it'll hang out in the truck.of course my 1911 or G19 is always on board,

Rem 700SA
Krieger #18 at 22"
308 Tac Match reamer
6 x .312" x .100" flutes
PTG .250" lug
PTG handle tig'd
Defiance side release
McM HTG pillar bedded
KG Matte Black
BO 20 MOA bedded, BO Alloy's
MK4 10X TMR
Rem trigger and floorplate

A little oldschool with some new mixed in, quick handling but soild, dependable,no BS grab-it-and-shoot-something rifle.

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1114.jpg

DSCN1119.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No4 Mk 1 Lee Enfield with a 19 inch barrel.
Cheap but effective. </div></div>

perfect!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Truck...?

What's a truck...? </div></div>

Laffin. I have 2 of them. I get extra redneck points that way. Even more so beacause one of them is a turbo diesel.

My truck gun is a ruger mini 14 with a 3-9 bushnell and a 30rd poly mag. Its nothing fancy or expensive so i dont feel bad watching it bounce around in the back seat but. It has never jammed or mis fired with over 5000 rounds through it and is just short enough to maneauver in and out of the truck window.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonc07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My truck gun is a ruger mini 14 with a 3-9 bushnell and a 30rd poly mag. Its nothing fancy or expensive so i dont feel bad watching it bounce around in the back seat but. It has never jammed or mis fired with over 5000 rounds through it and is just short enough to maneauver in and out of the truck window. </div></div>

You have to be careful with those Mini 14.
Mine cracked the windshield with a empty casing.. !!! HA.

I got an 556 AR i built for a truck gun and i have my .44Mag Henry Big Boy for my going into town gun.