• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

So I took the SHV off of the 7 mag when I put the ATACR on. Was going to put the SHV on the 6.5 gasser but the rings are to short so for a goof I tried it on the 25-06 and would yo look at that.? to good to be true right......so I put the laser up to check the reticle and it’s dead bang. Cheek weld couldn’t be right.........close the eyes and throw it up......perfect. Looks like the 25 will be wearin the SHV and I’m gonna have to figure out another scope for the gasser?

2C70ED88-2A8C-476C-9A92-2573EDC2CD09.jpeg

So I took the SHV off of the 7 mag when I put the ATACR on. Was going to put the SHV on the 6.5 gasser but the rings are to short so for a goof I tried it on the 25-06 and would yo look at that.? to good to be true right......so I put the laser up to check the reticle and it’s dead bang. Cheek weld couldn’t be right.........close the eyes and throw it up......perfect. Looks like the 25 will be wearin the SHV and I’m gonna have to figure out another scope for the gasser?

View attachment 6932493
Lotta’ work ain’t it? ??

Reactions: 1J04
The propane, or the vehicle? Thanks?

From this morning. That bank has backstop potential for a 1000+ yd berm. I need to do the due diligence on shooting on grazing land first. There is no rush though; in Idaho you have to be a resident for 6 months before you can get in-state hunting things. Oh well.

View attachment 6932518

Yeah the 6 month wait sucks, but it's worth it in the end.
When I lived there, I bought the sportsman's license. Seemed like the right thing to do.
If you varmint hunt, then Feb or early March is the answer to your prayers.
The ground squirrels come out and so do the rock chucks.

Ouch and damn dude. Glad everybody is ok.
Following too close with a trailer ?
Sitting at a left turn light (dedicated arrow) I was second in line, lots of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks around here. When the arrow turned green, the little chevy cruze in front of me did not go, I think she was on her phone. I am polite and wait a few seconds, then tapped my horn, she jumped and then looked like it was a manual transmission and stalled the car. I was in a 3500 chevy (customers truck) and no one could see what was happening but me.
She finally got rolling and had moved about 10 feet when I let go of the brake and rolled about 6 inches when I hear a couple of "booms" and feel a light tap. I get out and really not even a scratch. But it was not my truck and I was at least a witness so I stuck it out.
He said he saw the green arrow and it had been green for awhile, (probably 30 secs) so he figured we would be moving and he was trying to make the light. By the time he figured the line wasn't moving it was to late.
When I told him the little chevy car no one could see stalled he felt pretty dumb.

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
That screwed up his truck, hows your’s?

Good to hear everyone is ok.

It does suck. I have done dumb stuff before and made it many times without a mishap. Today his caught up with him.
There were a couple trucks between him and me, each truck had less damage. This nick might have been caused by the license plate of the truck that touched the one I was driving. That is why I say it was a waste of my time.
2018-08-15_20.39.15.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Nah he is good. I could not get a hold of him for about 30 minutes, LEO was there in 2 so I figured I better go through the motions and make everyone happy.
Sent the owner pics of everything before LEO was done he responded with a "LOL"

Good on ya for integrity dude. I’m sure that customer was surprised if he didn’t know how you operate previously?

View attachment 6932493

I'll take the SHV. PM Sent. :cool:

I got that same torque wrench set up. And like it.

No ash on ‘em ? You got smoke ? We got shit tons of smoke. I ran away to LA for a few days to get away from it.

Yep. Didn't ya get my text? Are ya back meow? We sure do have us some ash, but not a bunch. Smoke was really bad yesterday. When you said the air quality was better in LA than Seattle that is some telling shit right there. This crap ain't gonna clear out for some time I'm afraid. I was gonna go up up up to the tippy top of the world for a Bear last night but I couldn't even 'barely' see the hills. Amazing.....

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Yep. Didn't ya get my text? Are ya back meow? We sure do have us some ash, but not a bunch. Smoke was really bad yesterday. When you said the air quality was better in LA than Seattle that is some telling shit right there. This crap ain't gonna clear out for some time I'm afraid. I was gonna go up up up to the tippy top of the world for a Bear last night but I couldn't even 'barely' see the hills. Amazing.....

Missed your text...nope, flyin’ Home tonight. Actually, Wifey told me last night the “authorities” said the air quality is worse now in Seattle than Beijing. I’m a’feared we’re gonna have to wait for the September rains. Hope they come sooner rather than later. I think Stryker may have it worse where he lives, see’n as how he’s inland and closer to the Orygun fires. OTOH, the smoke we’re getting further north may be coming down from the interior of BC.
One way or ta other, sick of this shit, prayin’ For rain. :oops::oops::oops:

Yep. The $50 version is for a spotting scope.

The one I have is the version that clips on a rifle scope and the phone clips onto that, then you can look through the scope and shoot as normal

A585A20D-0096-4C44-95C4-FE1C4AB380D7.jpeg

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
I'll take the SHV. PM Sent. :cool:

I got that same torque wrench set up. And like it.

Unfortunately with the SHV fitting up like a happy sock on the 25 that flight path is full Ghost Rider??? Haven’t had that wrench long but damn if it ain’t handy?

Idaho. I moved here 2 weeks ago, but I already know I'm going to die here.

Don’t get in a hurry on the latter amigo? There’s a lot of cool shit to see there and grew up close to the southern border. Went to college in Moscow with regular thunder runs to Boise and under different circumstances I’d park it in Sandpoint?

I'm only 31, so I was just being hyperbolic. Having spent my life up to now in a big city in the Midwest, I was due for some mountains, BLM and National Forest land. I'm hoping get a horse and see the state that way.

Edit: Sandpoint kinda reminds me of the shores of Lake Superior. I am going to miss that.

Last edited:
Had to run up the hill before the smoke from all the fires blew back in. All day romp in the back 40 and can't be happier with this damn truck. Rides like a Caddie, quiet as hell, and only went thru a third of a tank. That's crazy. Tried to make it into another spot we've seen a lot of Bear sign in before dark.

Came around this corner and stopped to glass this hillside and when ya brake to a stop this damn truck turns off. Was on the fence about that till we got here. Engine stops and immediately we hear snap, crack, pop. Could hear the Elk coming outta the timber on our left at about 450 yards. They just fed across the face of this hillside. Couldn't wait for the Bull to come out or we'd have never made it to our spot. Couldn't be any easier popping one right here. Kick'm in the ass and send him down the hill to the road. :LOL:

You can barely make'm out, but there really are around 30 Elk spread out left to right along that clearcut.

And then the smoke rolled back in the next day. Hell, you can't even see the hills in the background anymore....... :mad:

@hic28 Coulda used your phoneskope deal on them Elk. Think I'm gonna have to order one up...... ;)

Had to run up the hill before the smoke from all the fires blew back in. All day romp in the back 40 and can't be happier with this damn truck. Rides like a Caddie, quiet as hell, and only went thru a third of a tank. That's crazy. Tried to make it into another spot we've seen a lot of Bear sign in before dark.

Came around this corner and stopped to glass this hillside and when ya brake to a stop this damn truck turns off. Was on the fence about that till we got here. Engine stops and immediately we hear snap, crack, pop. Could hear the Elk coming outta the timber on our left at about 450 yards. They just fed across the face of this hillside. Couldn't wait for the Bull to come out or we'd have never made it to our spot. Couldn't be any easier popping one right here. Kick'm in the ass and send him down the hill to the road. :LOL:

You can barely make'm out, but there really are around 30 Elk spread out left to right along that clearcut.

And then the smoke rolled back in the next day. Hell, you can't even see the hills in the background anymore....... :mad:

@hic28 Coulda used your phoneskope deal on them Elk. Think I'm gonna have to order one up...... ;)

Your not helping my jonesing to be on the mountain....
Good luck on your Bear hunt/elk scouting.

R

At least your buying American brother???? Being out among’m beats The reloading station any day?

Sorry buddy. I knew you'd like that. Maybe to much. :LOL: Been perfect weather to shoot up there. Very light wind. Wanted to wait out the Bull in that bunch but it would have wasted a lot of time it took to get up there. Next time. ;) Soon as this smoke blows out so you can actually see again, it'll be game on........

At least your buying American brother???? Being out among’m beats The reloading station any day?

Indeed. Was suppose to knock out some 210's for a guy, but said screw it. I'm hitting the hills. Now that the smoke rolled back in I'll have to knock'm out. :rolleyes:

Sorry buddy. I knew you'd like that. Maybe to much. :LOL: Been perfect weather to shoot up there. Very light wind. Wanted to wait out the Bull in that bunch but it would have wasted a lot of time it took to get up there. Next time. ;) Soon as this smoke blows out so you can actually see again, it'll be game on........

Wife just got back yesterday and will post some pics when she finally shares them? Did a bunch of runnin around lake union and up around the San Juan’s. Just showed me a bunch of them and damn......I don’t remember the smoke ever being that bad?

Wife just got back yesterday and will post some pics when she finally shares them? Did a bunch of runnin around lake union and up around the San Juan’s. Just showed me a bunch of them and damn......I don’t remember the smoke ever being that bad?

It never has been this bad. The fire season has sucked the last three years.