• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Newest member of the family, niece #6, Willow Mae;

like your set up, simple, effective. Extravagant is nice, but doesn't help at the range or to get projects done.

I agree!!!! I LOVE the fact I can do pretty much any smithing work I need to.. all the leather work I need to.. and almost any other project I have a need to do at my desk.. the Drill press and Vice are actually mounted to the blocks not the surface.. so they and the rubber matting can be removed if I need the whole work area for something... I did just add my small Air compressor to my work area as well.. Got it for doing airbrush make-up.. but have not used it for that much lately so have it for small projects in my work area for now.. Works great!!!!

We also have a reloading work area behind my work area.. that is 90% his and only 10% mine.. lol I may gave organized some brass bins for him.. =P

IMG_0426.jpg

Been cold and rain here for the last couple days, and a couple more days of it ahead. Think it might break by the weekend.

Side note, our annual Hit the Road party is Saturday. I won’t be worth a shit to take advantage of the good weather on Sunday!! Brisket, ribs and booze. Guaranteed to be a good time??

34f and raining here in Denver.

Bag of suck.

My kiddo asked for fried eggs and bacon for supper. With wheat toast.
That was a good thing!
Yeah but this weekend looks great, and Spinner reservoir opened last weekend! I didn't make it yet, but I will take my daughter on Saturday.
That is my official start to spring and I don't care what the weather is! Time to rip some lips. Hopefully some trophy pics to come soon.

Now these are nothing short of little works of art. Time to run some numbers between these and 168 Bergers. I think I'm gonna be pleasantly surprised.

Huge thx to a very kind gentlemen for hooking me up with these. Been blessed by a number of our finest on here and can't say thank you enough !!!!!!!

20190429_142940.jpg
20190429_142753.jpg
20190429_142547.jpg
20190429_142426.jpg

@oneshot86

Spring was here. I was in shorts and flip flops at 74 and sunny on Sunday afternoon. Snowed 2” yesterday but didnt stick on streets. Just trees, grass, and roofs.
Snowed a little a while ago but nothing stuck.

Will be working around the house on a couple things and taking kids to my friends farm in Sat afternoon.
They love critters and its good for them to learn that food doesnt come from the grocery store.
Plus we will have beers. ?
Then steak fajitas and margaritas as proud Americans for dinner.

Yesterday I had the honor to attend the funeral of Edward L Morrill, Gunnery Sargent, USMC. Retired.
Born Dec 20, 1926. Joined up at 17.
Served 22 years. Retired in 1965 when they wanted to move him to SD to be a DI.
He pushed for a tour on Vietnam and retired when they wouldn't send him.

Many folks spoke many great things, about how he was always positive and always kind. He cared for his wife of 67 years until her passing, the last years with Alzheimers and physical ailments needing his constant care.
Raised 5 boys and a daughter.

His grandson played taps on the violin.

Many great stories shared. All about what a great man he was.

He lived at home alone and died there working on getting his own breakfast around.

Only met him 2 years ago when I started dating Momma. He asked me last fall as we shared a beer on his porch when I was gonna marry her. Not if...... Always looking out and taking care of those around him. He knew what an ass her ex is and said he was glad I was “old fashioned” and took care of things as it should be.

A couple pics.

0DC18006-A978-4237-8E4D-A08EEA2B8482.jpeg
257DECE0-943A-43DC-ADCF-A00C7E9F1952.jpeg
B5FB769C-3BAA-429A-8607-3F6D3AC52CFB.jpeg
8CF126B1-36F3-48DD-84DF-ADF4EC1AAA7E.jpeg

They played this song at the end. Maybe some here have heard it. Pretty good.

I know you guys would appreciate and honor Ed.
Godspeed sir.

Been cold and rain here for the last couple days, and a couple more days of it ahead. Think it might break by the weekend.

Side note, our annual Hit the Road party is Saturday. I won’t be worth a shit to take advantage of the good weather on Sunday!! Brisket, ribs and booze. Guaranteed to be a good time??
Should I swing by Saturday instead? ?

@barneybdb

We all have a lot of fun around here, laughing, ranting, and learning.

We also remember those who served and have a duty to respect and honoring them.

Sometimes its necessary to shed a few while that happens.....

I did while typing that up, made me remember a lot of others.

Got home from work about four hours ago and showed your post to Pam on the big screen with good sound. I had dinner then went to the study, heard her play it a couple more times. As she was going to bed she said something about having a better understanding of why I could not always talk about trips away and why I was sometimes different when I returned. Been almost 21 years since I left the military.
He was truly a great man. Had to do some searching for Taps on violin.

And you are darn lucky to have a wonderful lady who stuck by you when you were different or a half bubble off for a bit when returning.
I think it happens to most readjusting, some just cant see it for what it is.

So many here didn't have that (a few guys have shared their stories). I know a lot of guys personally here who didnt either.

There was a post if a bumper sticker here once and it said:
“My girlfriend’s husband serves in the US Army”.
Made me sick to my stomach literally.

Give that Mrs an extra hug, as you are blessed to have her.

@Bryan W M

Is the NCLEX for the lady this Friday?
Will be sure to say a prayer for her, just let us know.

Just waiting to give my lecture on abdominal trauma to a large group of new grad nurses.......

View attachment 7070497Tower mounted and 12v wiring done ✅ waiting on the FIL to make up his mind how it wants the 120v wiring done. 2 plugs and no switch or one plug and 2 switches. I wired the top to be able to run the front and rear separate

I'm sure you know much better than I, but are you going to remove the fixtures from the pylon while in transit ? I'd think they'd shake themselves into little piles of dust going down the road while on the pylons.....

Reactions: 1J04
Yesterday I had the honor to attend the funeral of Edward L Morrill, Gunnery Sargent, USMC. Retired.

Many folks spoke many great things, about how he was always positive and always kind. He cared for his wife of 67 years until her passing, the last years with Alzheimers and physical ailments needing his constant care.

He lived at home alone and died there working on getting his own breakfast around.

Only met him 2 years ago when I started dating Momma. He asked me last fall as we shared a beer on his porch when I was gonna marry her. Not if...... Always looking out and taking care of those around him. He knew what an ass her ex is and said he was glad I was “old fashioned” and took care of things as it should be.

A couple pics.

View attachment 7070166View attachment 7070167View attachment 7070168View attachment 7070169

Godspeed sir.

Prayers for a Brother.................

Thank you for your service..........

Semper Fi..............

Reactions: jungle45

A couple pics.

View attachment 7070166View attachment 7070167View attachment 7070168View attachment 7070169

Godspeed sir.

Again..........it is very dusty in my house......................

Reactions: 1J04
I'm sure you know much better than I, but are you going to remove the fixtures from the pylon while in transit ? I'd think they'd shake themselves into little piles of dust going down the road while on the pylons.....
These lights are designed to go down the road. They’re the same ones you see on construction sights mounted in a trailer with the generator. Just have to make sure the glass is faced to the rear so a stone or bird doesn’t just the glass.

Unfrikkinbelievable. Amarillo score three goals in the third period.
We are going to sudden death overtime. Our guys just stopped playing in the third. ?

I suppose you guys are tired of seeing this by now, but I never cared about your feelings much anyway.

There's a reason for this field of clover at my house. I call it "My Field of Gratitude and Patience".

In no small part, it was planted for Christine. yes, the Trooper's wife.
She, and a handful of others helped me get through some rough patches last year.
I in turn helped her and some others do the same.

I sowed this field last Fall for her, so she would have a pretty place to take her pictures of friends and families who chose her as their photographer.
Her first session is tomorrow afternoon. Then she has a butt load of folks coming over Saturday to do scheduled sessions at 30 minute intervals.
She started out charging for the sessions, and God knows they could use the money, but I guess some Mother Tucker has rubbed off on her and she she is now donating the money to the local cancer support charity. She'd signed up to participate in their annual "lock up" event this year, but that was before Matthew got into that loose gravel on his scooter and fucked himself up. So she hasn't had a lot of free time to hit the bricks and get the donations she needs to meet her goals, so she's doing this as the fundraiser and letting people pay whatever they want to donate to the cause.

I'm going to try to do some sunflowers after this clover is done. We'll see. I ain't never raised sunflowers, but then again, this was my first attempt at clover too. ;)

That’s exactly right, and we finished sucking shit. The boys just frikkin stopped playing and let Amarillo take charge of the game. It was terribly frustrating and disappointing to watch. We lost in overtime 4-3, after a major frikkin defensive meltdown.

Never, ever quit. There is always something you can do to improve your situation (Loose paraphrase from Lt Col Hal Moore). I’ll damn near walk out of the gym, rink, ballpark, etc... if a team quits.
B9884AA3-40F6-4F31-B3D6-C63283CE13E5.jpeg

I suppose you guys are tired of seeing this by now, but I never cared about your feelings much anyway.

There's a reason for this field of clover at my house. I call it "My Field of Gratitude and Patience".

She, and a handful of others helped me get through some rough patches last year.

I sowed this field last Fall for her, so she would have a pretty place to take her pictures of friends and families who chose her as their photographer.
Her first session is tomorrow afternoon. Then she has a butt load of folks coming over Saturday to do scheduled sessions at 30 minute intervals.
She started out charging for the sessions, and God knows they could use the money, but I guess some Mother Tucker has rubbed off on her and she she is now donating the money to the local cancer support charity. She'd signed up to participate in their annual "lock up" event this year, but that was before Matthew got into that loose gravel on his scooter and fucked himself up. So she hasn't had a lot of free time to hit the bricks and get the donations she needs to meet her goals, so she's doing this as the fundraiser and letting people pay whatever they want to donate to the cause.

I'm going to try to do some sunflowers after this clover is done. We'll see. I ain't never raised sunflowers, but then again, this was my first attempt at clover too. ;)

View attachment 7070767

View attachment 7070770

View attachment 7070771

Tired of this? My friend, I think many of us cherish this!

View attachment 7070767

View attachment 7070770

View attachment 7070771

Clover looks great. Mine looked like that a week ago, then I mowed it to about 6" to set it for the next stage. When it gets tall and tough, the deer stop eating it.