• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I love this time of summer... Schloss Nitrocellose is at its most tidy. Just mowed about 1/3rd of the fields today. Laid out some new rows for the growing vineyard. And am relaxing with a nice IPA on the deck. 75 degrees, zero humidity and sunny. Life is good!

20933874_1227620534051258_4848681597987867737_o.jpg

Cheers,

Sirhr

Positively beautiful. That's a little slice of heaven right there. I'd kill for those weather conditions at any time of the year down here, but have proven to myself that I can't live far enough north to get them

Nothing particularly special, but from the wee hours of this morning. My gf and I spent the evening across the Bay introducing her to some of my friends. Great evening of food and conversation that ended a little early because they had church this morning. We weren't ready to be done for the night so I shook the rain water off of some green rounds and split them up in the dark. I used half a box of old confidential documents and a precious few pieces of my aged stuff to get a fire going in the backyard. We just sat around in the dark with a fan going, fire blazing, and her playing guitar and singing to me. An awesome evening with my lady.

That sounds like a great evening Bogey! I assume the fan is to ward off the bugs?

I love this time of summer... Schloss Nitrocellose is at its most tidy. Just mowed about 1/3rd of the fields today. Laid out some new rows for the growing vineyard. And am relaxing with a nice IPA on the deck. 75 degrees, zero humidity and sunny. Life is good!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Beautiful Sihr. That's a real fine weather pattern/system as well. Pleasant.

As a proper redneck I have a car in my backyard that was running before the dogs buried it. Also a front wheel drive like that guy's, but as cool as that setup is I'm getting rid of the dead car. I wonder if a stand-alone gas engine could power it?

There are a couple videos of a 1 or 2 hp electrical motor doing it.

YouTube search "screw log splitter". I would be happy to post videos but only have my phone wiith me at the moment.

That sounds like a great evening Bogey! I assume the fan is to ward off the bugs?

Warding off bugs is an ancillary benefit. At 0200hrs the heat index is still probably in the high 80's so the fan is to help from sweating through the patio chairs. The humidity is to the point right now that I was trying to do some chain-sawing just before dusk yesterday and had to stop because my safety glasses were filling with sweat after a minute or so. I moved on to trying to replace a wheel on a wheelbarrow and had to stop because there was so much sweat rolling off my arms that my hands were slipping off the socket handle. I'm not bitching, not in the least, it's just what we choose to live with down here for the promise of never again needing to own an ice scraper or snow shovel.

2ndamendfan , thanks for the heads up, I'll check that out. I have gone down the rabbit hole on the arboristsite forums and am overwhelmed at all the shit I never knew I never knew.

Warding off bugs is an ancillary benefit. At 0200hrs the heat index is still probably in the high 80's so the fan is to help from sweating through the patio chairs. The humidity is to the point right now that I was trying to do some chain-sawing just before dusk yesterday and had to stop because my safety glasses were filling with sweat after a minute or so. I moved on to trying to replace a wheel on a wheelbarrow and had to stop because there was so much sweat rolling off my arms that my hands were slipping off the socket handle. I'm not bitching, not in the least, it's just what we choose to live with down here for the promise of never again needing to own an ice scraper or snow shovel.

2ndamendfan , thanks for the heads up, I'll check that out. I have gone down the rabbit hole on the arboristsite forums and am overwhelmed at all the shit I never knew I never knew.

You must REALLY enjoy a fire! We usually don't have them here until it's in the low 60's. We're just coming into that season.

Last edited:
Snow shovels are great for picking up oak leaves after raking

Yeah, I could see that, I have way too many oak leaves to even attempt raking and bagging.

tnichols , I do indeed enjoy a fire. I probably have one 200 nights a year or so when I'm home. It'll likely be Oct/Nov before daytime temps might drop to the 60s, and mid 70s on xmas day isn't uncommon, so the weather doesn't have to "appropriate" for me to have the fire pit or fireplace going. I cooked some garlic potatoes and pork loin on my fire pit last night while I enjoyed a cold beer. There have been several Christmases that I've had a fire in the fireplace and the AC going. Hence my envy over your stash.

Ive been out back today sweating through my shoes working a wedge 'n sledge on some gnarly rounds. As soon as the pics synch up I'll post one. On 12" rounds I'm having to set a sledge on top of the wedge inside the round to be able to keep pounding on it with a second sledge. I've had several where I wasn't driving the wedge into the chopping block and the round still wouldn't break loose. HORRIBLY fibrous oak, add in all the knots and it's a slice of heaven.

Yeah, I could see that, I have way too many oak leaves to even attempt raking and bagging.

tnichols , I do indeed enjoy a fire. I probably have one 200 nights a year or so when I'm home. It'll likely be Oct/Nov before daytime temps might drop to the 60s, and mid 70s on xmas day isn't uncommon, so the weather doesn't have to "appropriate" for me to have the fire pit or fireplace going. I cooked some garlic potatoes and pork loin on my fire pit last night while I enjoyed a cold beer. There have been several Christmases that I've had a fire in the fireplace and the AC going. Hence my envy over your stash.

Ive been out back today sweating through my shoes working a wedge 'n sledge on some gnarly rounds. As soon as the pics synch up I'll post one. On 12" rounds I'm having to set a sledge on top of the wedge inside the round to be able to keep pounding on it with a second sledge. I've had several where I wasn't driving the wedge into the chopping block and the round still wouldn't break loose. HORRIBLY fibrous oak, add in all the knots and it's a slice of heaven.

Wish you lived closer friend, I'd run my splitter over to your place to use.

Wish you lived closer friend, I'd run my splitter over to your place to use.

No shit right? If we don't getta "GoFundBogey" going for this splitter we're worthless. What month is your Bday Bogey? We need one more good reason to make this legit. ;)

$1500 stink'n hundred and you could have the 37 Ton, think Shankster, Clitter Splitter. Shit, we could put that together in a couple hrs I'd bet? Hmmmmmmmmm

log_splitter_37_ton_horizontal_vertical_by_ruggedmade_-_3qleft_front_vert_-_lead_1.jpg

log_splitter_37_ton_horizontal_vertical_by_ruggedmade_-_3qleft_front_horz_1.jpg

The Bogey Brown Butt Log Buster Fund. I'm in.

Fuck'n "A" Tweety. I'm in as well. We have the damn power to change people's lives as a community here and we rarely do it in grand fashion. We need the Command Sergeant Major on this. He's the only one we can really trust. :p Sir? C'mon ya selfish prick. Take a break from doing shit for yourself and let's get this thing going. I'm in for a Benjamin.

Last edited:
Fuck'n "A" Tweety. I'm in as well. We have the damn power to change people's lives as a community here and we rarely do it in grand fashion. We need the Command Sergeant Major on this. He's the only one we can really trust. :p Sir? C'mon ya selfish prick. Take a break from doing shit for yourself and let's get this thing going. I'm in for a Benjamin.

I'm in for a Franklin as well (they're one of my favorites). Just curious, who is the CSM? Frank? Bogey is a vet (as are a lot of you fellas) and all around good guy, let's help him out.

Hey gents, a buddy showed up with a tragic surplus of Snapper that was caught this morning. Doing my Christian duty I grilled up some slabs and throats, which turned out amazing.

The fact that you magnificent basterds are even clowning ( I hope) about getting me a splitter is a testament to the brotherhood of this place. However, and I mean this with sincere love, I dont know that I'd ever feel comfortable here again if y'all got serious about it. As 1J04 has referenced in the past, this is the closest I'll come to activity on social media. I feel comfortable here amongst like-minded degenerates and enjoy some genuine fellowship w many of you. A clear example being the (hopeful) meet up with the Mikes in Fla this weekend.

As beautiful and meaningful as the gesture is, I could never accept a gift like that from my podnahs.

Much love, my fellow Deplorables.

Hey gents, a buddy showed up with a tragic surplus of Snapper that was caught this morning. Doing my Christian duty I grilled up some slabs and throats, which turned out amazing.

The fact that you magnificent basterds are even clowning ( I hope) about getting me a splitter is a testament to the brotherhood of this place. However, and I mean this with sincere love, I dont know that I'd ever feel comfortable here again if y'all got serious about it. As 1J04 has referenced in the past, this is the closest I'll come to activity on social media. I feel comfortable here amongst like-minded degenerates and enjoy some genuine fellowship w many of you. A clear example being the (hopeful) meet up with the Mikes in Fla this weekend.

As beautiful and meaningful as the gesture is, I could never accept a gift like that from my podnahs.

Much love, my fellow Deplorables.

Ya. Here's the thing Pal. You're one of the consistent bang bang bang guys we have. You're just good fucking people man, and many of us know and appreciate it. You're "that" guy. Any of us would chime in and say "WTF". We get that. You said it, you meant it, it's done. Now Shut The Fuck Up and let Karma kiss ya right in the Ass. Besides, we're tired of hearing the wa wa stories.

Note to self: If I was an Asshole more often I wouldn't be in this predicament. :p

If Bogey is OK with it, I'm in. Think of it as a trophy. Not only did you escape Yankeeistan, you stole one of their women on the way out!

Leftover stone from french drains was placed in the equip side of the barn. Looks cleaner in there with the stone.

IMG_4209.JPG

If Bogey is OK with it, I'm in. Think of it as a trophy. Not only did you escape Yankeeistan, you stole one of their women on the way out!

Leftover stone from french drains was placed in the equip side of the barn. Looks cleaner in there with the stone.

Looks nice Mountain! You're now officially in the gravel nazi club.

And she's one who may just start spitting out proper-talkin' little bluecoats right in your horrified midst. May you be blessed with her fertility.

And she's one who may just start spitting out proper-talkin' little bluecoats right in your horrified midst. May you be blessed with her fertility.

Negative ghost rider, we established a "no babies" agreement before we ever dated. She is quite a bit more liberal than I am, but I'm working on that. We have local elections today, and she's been schooled on which button to push.

Negative ghost rider, we established a "no babies" agreement before we ever dated. She is quite a bit more liberal than I am, but I'm working on that. We have local elections today, and she's been schooled on which button to push.

Have some coffee, CDR.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VIliZvuvirs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers,

Sirhr

Let's get those regrowth low limbs trimmed off that tree before next Spring. Every 5 years is unacceptable. Otherwise, a solid A minus!

That stuff looks GREAT !!! Bet another 100 yds of that would be put to good use. :p

This fellow just paid the clover plot a brief afternoon visit. Nervous bastard.
From kitchen window.

qRSji0U.jpg

tLARxfC.jpg

Dandy Buck. My eldest just sent a snapchat of him feeding a 4x3 a piece of bread outta his hand in his backyard. The fork by spike that was with him was more cautious. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

To assuage any concerns my man Veer_G may have raised about my lady producing little Blue-coated babies with proper diction. We just got back from voting, the first time in her life she's voted Republican. I'm hoping to get her desensitized to it so as to accomplish a vote or two for the good guys on a national level. That's gonna be a tough one, but I've been trying to explain that outside of Cook county "real" Americans don't vote the Dem party line.

IMG_1783.JPG

And yep, that's a fresh skeeter bite between the boobies from the 30 second walk to and from the truck. She's been a saint in dealing with the bugs, and with my silly ass.

Let's get those regrowth low limbs trimmed off that tree before next Spring. Every 5 years is unacceptable. Otherwise, a solid A minus!

I will now be cautious of the pics I post from our little slice of Hell, as I can only assume they are being graded. Makes me nervous...;)

To assuage any concerns my man Veer_G may have raised about my lady producing little Blue-coated babies with proper diction. We just got back from voting, the first time in her life she's voted Republican. I'm hoping to get her desensitized to it so as to accomplish a vote or two for the good guys on a national level. That's gonna be a tough one, but I've been trying to explain that outside of Cook county "real" Americans don't vote the Dem party line.

And yep, that's a fresh skeeter bite between the boobies from the 30 second walk to and from the truck. She's been a saint in dealing with the bugs, and with my silly ass.

Atta boy. Don't let her slip away. A good gal is worth her weight in gold, and then some.

From kitchen window.

qRSji0U.jpg

tLARxfC.jpg

Those big bastards aren't nervous, but wary. There's a good reason they lived long enough to grow those big horns.

Out here in Hooterville, we have Buckzilla. He leaves his hoof prints on the soft road shoulder frequently. Looks like a market steer got loose. I have had 2 encounters with him over the past 3 years. He's fricken' huge, well fed, and keen. Every year, he manages to live through 2 shotgun seasons along with numerous bow seasons. I'd shake his hoof, buy him a beer and call him sir.

Those big bastards aren't nervous, but wary. There's a good reason they lived long enough to grow those big horns.

Out here in Hooterville, we have Buckzilla. He leaves his hoof prints on the soft road shoulder frequently. Looks like a market steer got loose. I have had 2 encounters with him over the past 3 years. He's fricken' huge, well fed, and keen. Every year, he manages to live through 2 shotgun seasons along with numerous bow seasons. I'd shake his hoof, buy him a beer and call him sir.

I wanna see that Buck ! ;)

From kitchen window.

qRSji0U.jpg

Tucker, this belongs in Motivational Pictures. If that doesn't motivate you for this season, I don't know what would. Outstanding!

I've been wanting to cut the crows back a notch or two for a while now, but they are very wary of my habits and style. I can barely walk by a window without spooking them, much less open one in the house.
I had a couple of laptops to set up for a client this morning, so I decided to multitask and do that from the upstairs in the garage.

Smoked two crows and another thing (no, I'm not saying) before the turkeys showed up and put a damper on the program.
It was getting hot out there anyway.

Still, not a bad way to make money.

This little 455 in 17 HMR from Mile High is a laser!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/iS70Ci3.jpg"}[/IMG2]

The girls are here.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/kVjiYE6.jpg"}[/IMG2]

And so are the boys!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/7W25nv5.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I've been wanting to cut the crows back a notch or two for a while now, but they are very wary of my habits and style. I can barely walk by a window without spooking them, much less open one in the house.
I had a couple of laptops to set up for a client this morning, so I decided to multitask and do that from the upstairs in the garage.

Smoked two crows and another thing (no, I'm not saying) before the turkeys showed up and put a damper on the program.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/iS70Ci3.jpg"}[/IMG2]

The girls are here.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/kVjiYE6.jpg"}[/IMG2]

And so are the boys!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/7W25nv5.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Who doesn't love that view? You're very lucky to have so much game running around right on the property, and I'm certain you know that. Pretty amazing they're all still comfortable enough to transit the place. If they really knew how lucky "they" are. :p

I predict lost pet flyers will start showing up near Tucker's place.

I predict lost pet flyers will start showing up near Tucker's place.

More likely that the local Tong shows up to settle his hash and reestablish control of the supply chain.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/f4fNfis.png"}[/IMG2]

The girls are here.

And so are the boys!

VERY cool Tucker! Setting and photography are first class. I absolutely SUCK at taking through the scope pics.

My view this morning while cleaning the "bright work" (polished/heated) on the engine inlets. The green ring around the fan blades is a "rotor burst" ring. Keeps the pieces parts contained in the event that she comes unbuckled :)​​​.

IMG_4167.JPG

when i have new gravel down, im a site to see, from, who is the fuckin pig who dropped all this shit on the rocks, or to, that wasnt an accidental burnout, the idiot knew it would happen.
but if you saw my roads now, you would be disapointed, bad need of repairs and new rock

ya T, your place gets talked about too, oh the shit they say...i keep telling them, take it easy on T, he works hard, they all say yeah yeah yeah, did you see his grass?
i dont know what to say dude, if they say anything about your wood storage, i am going to punches, that would be too much...