• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Half tore off half to go then the fun begins

Attachments

• 20180525_115551.jpg
    20180525_115551.jpg
    935.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20180525_115546.jpg
    20180525_115546.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 71
We were attending a Memorial Day charity event for the Montgomery County Humane Society at a park just a couple of miles from Wright-Patterson AFB when we spotted what could only be some sort of collaboration between Nissan and the Air Force on the next generation Warthog. Must have vertical landing and takeoff capability. Impressive !!!

i-qV9k6r5-L.jpg

Last edited:
Wax on, wax off...

P5260034.JPG

The Child Bride's ride. 2014 Ford Edge Limited, AWD. We run it through car washes during winter, but the scum still builds up. Today was a sponge bath and wax. 95K, 3.5L, a nice sedate vehicle for a almost middle aged couple. Heavy with thick doors and enough power to blow by a 18 wheeler on interstate. Beginning to pick up some road chips and minor dings, planning on getting 125K before trading.

High grade tires, fresh battery and proper care keeps it ticking and me from worrying when Child Bride hits the road. Due for a drive chain check next month.

Ignore the red POS and shack in the background, neighbor.

I’ve been busier than a one legged man in a shit kickin’ contest this last week with several good views to post, but I’ve ran out of gas or clock to to get them up. However, I would be remiss to not take the time to post these on this Memorial Day weekend. Small town cemetery 8 miles to the south does this every year. Thank you to all that have served. We drove through it twice today as we passed for various errands and such. Each flag has a tiny plaque dedicated to a local veteran. I’ve not counted them for a number, but it’s a fair amount. Mechanicsville Iowa...

4A1B9DF5-B2B9-4156-BD58-5FDD1BACB705.jpeg
4AAC3FE1-E811-4A6F-B923-1C7D84D40ED5.jpeg

HTvrbccl.jpg

Saw a golden tipped sow and a cub just above Yellowstone Lake inside the park. They were too far away to get a cell phone pic. This sow and two cubs were right off the road about 5 miles outside of the park. I realize pic isn't the greatest but cell phones just aren't made very well for those reach out photos. 5 grizzlies in a day is a record for me.

Hi,

@Geno C. Do you all operate just locally or Nationwide?

Sincerely,
Theis
We only run WI. Cover pretty much the whole state. For us to run out of state it would mean extra registration fees and inspector fees and it would change they designation of our DOT number; a bunch more headaches. We have plenty of work here for what we do.

From late last week. We had a little time one afternoon before another ballgame and Ty wanted to shoot. Nice day and a stiff breeze at 3 o’clock. He’s shooting little steel targets at 100 yards with the 10/22. He’s doing well with all the steel down and I ask him what he’s on next. He says he’s going for a 10” plate that’s bladed to us, so it’s a half inch wide target. Breaks the shot and he calls a hit. I’m not on a spotter and grumpy old dad calls BS. Go for a walk and I’ll be damned he centered it up! He hit it several more times after the pic, with a miss here and there.
AAC67C73-EFF0-468A-8E52-19155D69A219.jpeg
00BD7F47-6387-4C3B-B1FC-BCD811906773.jpeg

From late last week. We had a little time one afternoon before another ballgame and Ty wanted to shoot. Nice day and a stiff breeze at 3 o’clock. He’s shooting little steel targets at 100 yards with the 10/22. He’s doing well with all the steel down and I ask him what he’s on next. He says he’s going for a 10” plate that’s bladed to us, so it’s a half inch wide target. Breaks the shot and he calls a hit. I’m not on a spotter and grumpy old dad calls BS. Go for a walk and I’ll be damned he centered it up! He hit it several more times after the pic, with a miss here and there. View attachment 6908216View attachment 6908217

You are very fortunate and blessed, Sir !..........

Ran down to the Main Line last week for an appointment and had Mexican among the Brahmins. The truck cuts a wide swath through the herds of Lexi and Range Rovers.

Y87YYDS.jpg

Alambre de tinga:

BzHxMkc.jpg

Last Saturday night, after busting our asses all day beating back four weeks' worth of rain-fed vegetation passing for yard/s, a cross-country burger run:

AvPmsk4.jpg

Our goal:

xvVb1VL.jpg

I had "The Stag," with sweet tater fries: https://theburgerycompany.com/menu

The missus didn't quite appreciate my observation that what was lacking across the street was either a massage or a tattoo parlor.

VicRkHi.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Geno, watch out for the darn skeeters!

Tnichols, your pics have me wishing I was living back home. Room to move and shoot a little. I can be pretty happy shooting .22s for a long time.....

From last Saturday. Took my girlfriend and her two kids rafting. My little one was camping elsewhere with her grandpa so just the 4 of us. 91 degrees and sunny make the Colorado snowmelt feel pretty good splashing on you.
Watch out for the guide, I hear he is an ornery bugger......

1AEE1BEE-D52C-448E-B3E6-BCD1A31CF556.jpeg

Went camping/fishing last week/weekend. About a dozen trout in two days. I catch and release though.

The res is about 15-20 feet low. You're looking directly over the Air Force Academy out in the distance. This reservoir feeds the Academy and Colorado Springs. Water temp was about 33* and an elevation over 9,000 feet.

8c8OH2FsQUKZt3%58eklnw.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe how tall that corn is. Better than knee high? You're probably 400 or 500 mi north of here and I haven't seen any corn that tall.

Reactions: Geno C.
Corn adjacent to us went in late April. It's had ample moisture and heat units. Not quite as tall as R's but we are a bit north of him. These modern hybrids will reach upwards off 10' in height.

Reactions: 1J04
Corn adjacent to us went in late April. It's had ample moisture and heat units. Not quite as tall as R's but we are a bit north of him. These modern hybrids will reach upwards off 10' in height.
Yep, genetic crossings have come a long way in my time.
Around here given "normal" conditions april 10th would see completion by many.
This year was later by 2 weeks at least.
Several large crews- 15k, 20k, 50k and 75k acres went 24hrs/day.
A fleet of 24 row planters can knock out the acreage.

R

Reactions: 1J04 and Badfinger
~85 used to be a good year for dryland corn around early 90's, at least it was for the little bit we grew for feed. That was picked corn, milled. Several passes with a tractor to get it in too. Either a moldboard plow or cutting harrow (depending), smoothing harrow, planter, atrazine, culitvate/sidedress, 24D with drop tubes. I know enough about farming to know I better stick to what I'm doing. :-D

Reactions: Geno C. and 1J04