• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

i-Tz9n3pQ-L.jpg

i-DMRSnzF-L.jpg

i-PKM4fvj-L.jpg

i-BHSPWfX-L.jpg
As a weary old racer at heart, I enjoyed the video and the pics. The audio alone does it for me. Better than good.

@1J04

I know it probably surprises you and my first instinct was not to grab my phone and snap a selfie. I hopped in the truck and went to grab my kiddo.
She was feeling well enough she wanted to ride her new bike around this giant empty parking lot next to where she is at summer camp.

My pics are of momma and I or us with the family.
No jackwagon photos.

@Snuby642, I will skip those bananas and use other sources. I am highly allergic and get hives and all red and itchy if someone eats one near me. And yes, good diet with real nutrients is key.

Im looking to create vitamin and electrolyte infused beer.......

Had to give up some range time.

Bathroom eaten by labrador puppy.
View attachment 7098794

Bathroom redone by wife and I.View attachment 7098795

32 years ago, I pleaded with my ex not to lock our Border Collie in her parents bathroom...

We got back five hours later to a destroyed room and a door you could see through.

A kennel is a much better cage than a bathroom and a dog isn't likely to destroy it.

BTW, I refused to pay for the damage since it was her dumb assed mother's idea.

So after an all night soaker, the skies parted, the sun appeared and we had a 3 hour frenzy of a birthday party with 16 kids ages 6-8. Lots of work and even more fun.
Momma’s ex pulled on his big boy under britches and showed up for his kid’s party. We worked together on stuff that needed done and I only got the urge to end him with my EDC knife a couple times.

Best Part!

Driving my daughter back to her mom’s (her weekend), she yell’s out (in a pissed off voice) “That truck just drove by with a Mexican flag flying in the back!”
I was focused on the doofus in the crosswalk who I was half expecting to pull a gun and try to carjack me and missed it.
I asked if they had an American Flag too. She said no.
Then she asked if they didnt want to fly our flag, why not?
I told her I wasnt sure......
She said “that isnt cool” and then just scowled.

I teach her about our faith, being honest and having integrity, being kind to others and helping folks in need.
We also know to respect the COTUS, the flag, and all of our service members.

I never rant about stuff like that. Funny to see it piss her off so much. And made me proud as can be to raise a proud patriot.

A reasonably cool and low humidity day for the first full day of Summer ahd me outside for about 10 hours taking care of things.
Got the steep banks and backside of the pond dam mowed.
Saw three snakes, but only got a shot at one, so now there's two snakes.
Dug up the muzzleloader buck skull I'd nearly forgotten about. :rolleyes:
The pet doe seemed interested in when I was going to be getting off that mower and letting things get peaceful again.

Got another 2-3 hours work to do tomorrow and then I might have time to do a little fishing and or shooting.
I need to tag that wild grape vine for a winter transplant and get a support setup for it.
Muscadine I think.

Tucker, I'm curious why you don't hook the Swisher to the quad to mow your dam, or is it steeper than it appears? I offset my Swisher from my Kubota to mow mine. The Kubota wouldn't make it 5' before being in my pond otherwise.

Beautiful places are a lot of work.

Reactions: jungle45
It's too steep in places and I have no run-out at the bottom of most of the hill.
I have the offset setup too, and I use that in places.
I had let that backside of the dam grow for few years and some pines were 3 inches at the ground. I decided last winter that it was time to do something different. I didn't want those roots running through the dam.

You can see in the second pic how I can get part of it with the Ferris running up and down, but I have run-out there.
The rest is lined by branch that the overflow feeds into.

Reactions: Sledge1
Oh good Lord. Stared at it for a bit before Work, thought about it AT Work, got home and thought I heard it trying to say something, but it was muffled. Thought hell, it might have something important to say, so removed it's Cork.

Made a huge mistake, smelled the Cork, then the Bottle and it was game on!

Youngest Son (24) and I agreed. "Let's Do This". ?

It's a Religious experience! Start to finish? AMAZING!

@Threadcutter308 Words alone cannot describe thee appreciation!

20190622_134249.jpg
20190622_140323.jpg
20190622_140327.jpg

20190623_010021.jpg

A reasonably cool and low humidity day for the first full day of Summer ahd me outside for about 10 hours taking care of things.
Got the steep banks and backside of the pond dam mowed.
Saw three snakes, but only got a shot at one, so now there's two snakes.
Dug up the muzzleloader buck skull I'd nearly forgotten about. :rolleyes:
The pet doe seemed interested in when I was going to be getting off that mower and letting things get peaceful again.

Got another 2-3 hours work to do tomorrow and then I might have time to do a little fishing and or shooting.
I need to tag that wild grape vine for a winter transplant and get a support setup for it.
Muscadine I think.

View attachment 7099787

View attachment 7099789

View attachment 7099791

View attachment 7099792

View attachment 7099793

View attachment 7099794

View attachment 7099795

View attachment 7099796
I assume you bury the skull rather than boil it to get it started for a European mount? Just let the worms strip it? How long do you bury it for and what is the plastic bag for?

I assume you bury the skull rather than boil it to get it started for a European mount? Just let the worms strip it? How long do you bury it for and what is the plastic bag for?
Yes, I covered the antlers with the bag and zip tied it around the base, then buried the skull leaving the antlers above ground.
That one was buried in November. It should have come out in April but it wasn't quite ready when I checked it then. I have a fenced in garden pen that I do them in and that keeps any scavengers from messing with them

Oh good Lord. Stared at it for a bit before Work, thought about it AT Work, got home and thought I heard it trying to say something, but it was muffled. Thought hell, it might have something important to say, so removed it's Cork.

Made a huge mistake, smelled the Cork, then the Bottle and it was game on!

Youngest Son (24) and I agreed. "Let's Do This". ?

It's a Religious experience! Start to finish? AMAZING!

@Threadcutter308 Words alone cannot describe thee appreciation!

View attachment 7099925View attachment 7099926View attachment 7099927
View attachment 7099928
You're quite welcome Jimmy ! (I was kinda hoping you'd have some with one or both of your boys ;) (y)(y)(y)).

So, what's your opinion of this vs WWC Rye ? i'm going to continue to drink WWC because of the availability thingy. I'm also going to check out Angel's Envy Rye, also, due to availabity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Well ladies, I have been off the lifting and running for a bit due to some issues with muscle spasms when running. Doc something prescribed rest and stretching, which became rest and beer and extra snacks.
So I have become a fat ass. Well maybe not, but for a guy who thinks training for a half marathon is a 6 week train up to do well, I have a little extra and am not fit enough to run 8 miles on Friday and go hike up a 14er with all the extra group gear on Sat AM and still be the first one to the top......

Back at it starting a couple weeks ago and today ran 3.5 miles at a 10.23 pace. Not so fast and nice to be back moving. You guys don't want pics of me all red faced and sweating like Uncle Schartz at the propane store.
Shit. I’ve been scared to get back into training since I tore my right calf getting ready for a half. That was over a year ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 1J04
Humid and warm this morning, helped the FIL finish up splitting the list of the cut wood and set up for some trigger time. Got cash a little practice on the tripod. MIL was checking her deer blind and I invited her to take a few shots too.
Cash took his first shots with a centerfire today. My 223ai. He shot a few rounds and said he likes the 22 better still.

You're quite welcome Jimmy ! (I was kinda hoping you'd have some with one or both of your boys ;) (y)(y)(y)).

So, what's your opinion of this vs WWC Rye ? i'm going to continue to drink WWC because of the availability thingy. I'm also going to check out Angel's Envy Rye, also, due to availabity.

Literally the best Rye I can ever recall enjoying. The flavor is simply amazing. The WWC is excellent in my opinion. Definitely my go to and now that I got them to carry it semi locally it's a big win. This stuff though is in a different league. Really lives up to the limited availability.

A little vent and a good picture.
A little over a month ago my ex didn't show to pick up our son. When she did get off work she and her mom blew up my phone accusing me of kid napping and threatened to call the cops..
After waiting 35min for someone to pick him up I took him back home I texted her and called her in this time period.
Well today same thing but now its almost 2 hours past when she should have been off even if she did get forced over. I have gotten zero response to text or calls.
At least he has been asleep since I left to drop him off.
20190623_194309.jpg

The best part is we are in conciliation again right now. She's 18 months behind on doctor visits and shots. Changed child care without talking to me.
Sorry I'll shut up now.

Wife and I took a couple of friends up onto the Pryor Mountains for a UTV spin today. There is a large herd of wild horses up there. We were lucky enough to see nearly a hundred today in various groups - far more than I have ever seen in a single trip before. The horses fight a lot, so their hide is pretty messed up - you can see a little bit of it in the pics.

Lunch down the road from Pen's Cabin - a quick visit to it and photo op, then across the top of the mountain. Wind chill above tree line was pretty brisk - mid-thirties by my estimation. We visited the Big Ice Cave, and then bugged out for the ride home.
IMG_3392[1].JPG
IMG_3399[1].JPG
IMG_3396[1].JPG
IMG_3397[1].JPG
IMG_3406[1].JPG
IMG_3400[1].JPG
IMG_3404[1].JPG

@Bryan W M

Dang brother. Been there a time or 100.
Keep kicking butt at being a great dad to that adorable little bugger. Thats what matters.

Its hard. Many of the greatest moments in life are. And worth every moment, every bead of sweat, every tear, and every frustration a man endures.

Not sure if its your thing and we will add you to our prayer list. Kids are an amazing blessing and deserve the very best.

Holler if you ever need a friendly ear that can hear anything without judgement. Sometimes a man just has to blow off steam.

Elija