• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Out my bedroom window this morning.........Ouray Colorado

i-t7hCFQD-XL.jpg

My camera view June 14th of my buddies new car exiting T10 at Sonoma Raceway during it's first race outing - NASA Time Trial in the unlimited class. In traffic it ran 1:43's, NASCAR race leaders in the last 20 laps were also running 1:43 on the same track configuration.

Last weekend at the SCCA Regional Races at Sonoma it finish first in it's Super Production class and overall for Group 3. (y)

I wish I had a picture of the view I just had. I was in an elevator, when about 8 young ladies got on. The hottest one (and she was HOT and wearing a little bitty bikini) backed right up to me. I had to put my daughter’s boogie board between her and I, otherwise, it could have gotten a little tighter in there. I wanted to take a pic, but my wife kept looking at me, so I just stared at the elevator control panel, like a good husband, praying for floor 9 to hurry up and get here. ?

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s going to be heading near where I live, so I’ll be driving home through that mess all day Saturday.
I see your from Shreveport. A few years back I did some deer hunting just west of Lake Bistineau with some friends from Haughton. Stopped for breakfast in Doyline at a small place run by a black gal, the best home made breakfast sausage and pecan waffles. If I lived down there I would weigh 300+. Best on your trip home, be careful.

I wish I had a picture of the view I just had. I was in an elevator, when about 8 young ladies got on. The hottest one (and she was HOT and wearing a little bitty bikini) backed right up to me. I had to put my daughter’s boogie board between her and I, otherwise, it could have gotten a little tighter in there. I wanted to take a pic, but my wife kept looking at me, so I just stared at the elevator control panel, like a good husband, praying for floor 9 to hurry up and get here. ?

Are you saying that you went on a trip to the beach, with your wife, and didn't take mirrored sunglasses?

Rookie!

I see your from Shreveport. A few years back I did some deer hunting just west of Lake Bistineau with some friends from Haughton. Stopped for breakfast in Doyline at a small place run by a black gal, the best home made breakfast sausage and pecan waffles. If I lived down there I would weigh 300+. Best on your trip home, be careful.

We definitely have some great food down here. If I go anywhere else in the country, the food is boring. Yeah, it doesn’t take much down here to fatten you up. ?. Been through Doyline many times, but never stopped to eat. I may have to look it up.

This is a picture of me and a friend of mine in Doyline back in the 70s. My friends Dad, a WWII vet, took this pic and gave this to me years later.

@Srgt. Hulka
Do you have an airboat with you?
It may be your fastest means of travel.

Talked to folks in Houma today they are tying boats to house and putting ax in attic, gassing gen sets ect.

Having spent time in Bossier City and Houma wondering what roads you expect to travel from Florida.

Gas will run short at stations, hotels will be full and roads a mess.

Storm looks to do a 5 mph sit and spin.
That will be a lot more water with no place to go.

A couple more days in Florida might be nice.
Good luck in your travels.

Last edited:
@Srgt. Hulka
Do you have an airboat with you?
It may be your fastest means of travel.

Talked to folks in Houma today they are tying boats to house and putting ax in attic, gassing gen sets ect.

Having spent time in Bossier City and Houma wondering what roads you expect to travel from Florida.

Gas will run short at stations, hotels will be full and roads a mess.

Storm looks to do a 5 mph sit and spin.
That will be a lot more water with no place to go.

A couple more days in Florida might be nice.
Good luck in your travels.

I’m thinking I’ll be ok. I’ll be going NW, up to Hattiesburg, MS, then straight north to Jackson. From there, it’s straight west, through North Louisiana to get home. Right now, my biggest concern getting home is not the weather, it’s the frikkin millions of people heading north out of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Traffics going to be a bitch. I have a full tank of gas already, that should get me home, or real close.

Thanks Snuby, I’m going to need all the luck I can get.

View attachment 7110182View attachment 7110183I think this one got a little too hot to save... new axle showed up today bare so have to build it all. FILs cousins trailer. When you start to hear a squeal, you should probably stop and check it out. He’s lucky the tire and trailer didn’t catch on fire ?

Come on Geno, a file and a grinder will fix that right up. ?
Yeah, I think it got a little warm. Was there anything left of the berings and races, or are we looking at what’s left? Good luck getting it fixed.

Reactions: Barneybdb
And in the other post you can see the race of the inner bearing is melted to the spindle.

I repacked the bearings 3 years ago she. My FIL bought them the trailer. Theyve traveled with us every summer since then. And went back and forth to Florida each winter. Never serviced since.

View attachment 7110212View attachment 7110213And in the other post you can see the race of the inner bearing is melted to the spindle.

I repacked the bearings 3 years ago she. My FIL bought them the trailer. Theyve traveled with us every summer since then. And went back and forth to Florida each winter. Never serviced since.

Damn, what a mess.
Yeah, I figured what I was looking at was what was left of the inner race.

Hulka,

Sounds like a good plan. Best of luck to you and your family.
And stay outta them elevators! ?

Snuby

I was in Houma last week.
My buddy is getting all buckled down at his place there now.

We got no reds. Storms kept us close to his “camp” and the weather was hell. Coulda been different without some 6 and 7 year olds along and it was a lot about the experience.
When I go fishin for me to catch fish, kids stay home....

Reactions: Barneybdb
I had an old 65 GMC 1/2 ton shooting fire and sparks out of front left.

Started slowing down so I gunned it and got off the highway and ran a couple of stops to a gas station / shop.

Cutting torch files ect and 2 cases of beer extra for the mechanic and back on the road from New Mexico to Dallas.

I was pcs to the UK and nothing going to stop me from getting some Texas loving on my way.

@powdahound76
High fresh water has always messed up my red fishing and don't like it for specs either.

Not to say they vanished or anything but I never did much good except one guided trip and could not believe the trout the guide found us in that mess in Texas.

I like clear moving tides preferably falling, makes it easy for me .
Specs waiting for shrimp coming out of areas draining are easy pickings.

We just call them Blueberries. These are our Huckleberries. The Deer and Elk SLAUGHTER these things up here. They'll eat the entire plant to the nub, leaving nothing but the stalk and a few branches.

View attachment 7110473
I might have to do some deer herd thinning. This bastard has been eating my raspberry plants to death literally.
D29E770B-F8DE-4AFB-B6C9-8BEE684F4180.jpeg