• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wheeler Reticle Leveling System

Re: Wheeler Reticle Leveling System

I have a set. They work great for leveling the top of your turret to your bolt rails. Which is fine in some instances, but not every scenario.

If you haven't read it, there is a thread on here is the scopes forum, "titled tricks on getting your reticle perfect" or something close to that. I recommend checking it out.

Just to clarify I believe the OP is talking about this system:
204924_ts.jpg

I've never used this system before but after watching the video I can see some pros and cons to this system. One pro that I can see is that it allows a shooter to get leveled out if the rifle has traditional two piece rings and bases. However with most of the shooters on this site running one piece bases, myself included, feeler gauges offer a more economical and efficient system. The overal price of the system is also a major con when compared to the cost of a couple of small levels and/or some feeler gauges from the hardware store, it's excessive for something that might only be used every so often. I've used similar level sets to mount scopes and while they worked I've found the feeler gauge method to be just as accurate and much quicker. Those are my .02 but I've pretty much ditched levels for mounting scopes and haven't regretted it.

I guess it depends on what kind of set up you are building. I have one and it never suited me. Several years ago I read an article on here about a piece of string and an anti-cant device. Quickest and easiest method I have used. Mount your anti-cant level on your rail, tie a plump-bob up at 100yds or so.

I've used it & no problems with it. I don't think that I've come across any complaints with that particular system unlike some of the cheaper level systems out there.

Not all scopes have a flat bottoms for the feeler gauge method to be used.

The plumb line method will always work. I've used this method at the range to double check that the recticle is not canted on the scope. However for me, installing a scope at the public range is not an ideal place.

I have used it as well, I actually own one. I wish that I would have came by the feeler gauge method before I spent the cash on mine. I've got access to a LOT of feeler gauges, lol. I'm going to try that method next time, but check it with my leveling system that you are looking at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is about the easiest thing out there

http://shop.milehighshooting.com/SPUHR-A-0080-81-Leveling-kit-for-separate-rings-SPUHRA-0080-81.htm</div></div>

I searched the SPUHR website and could not find the instructions for this leveling kit. I'm curious as to how this works? </div></div>

Looks to me like the bottom piece sits on top of your picatiny rail and then you put the flat part of the wedge on the bottom of your scope turret housing and slide the angled portion of the wedge in the slot in the base until it stops and the wedge is contacting both the base and turret housing. It's basically doing the same thing that feeler gauges would do only at a cost of 30 bucks plus shipping