• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When ammo prices will go down?

If they have just spent over 1k for a gun, spending 50-100 bucks for bullets is cheap compared to the rest of their investment at this point. They DON'T have memories of when the ammo was cheaper. For them, this is NORMAL.
When they see prices start to go down, they are going to start loading up.

Reactions: addertooth
Looking at the Federal Reserve it doesn’t look like ammunition prices will go down, at best increase at a lower percent year over year.

You are thinking like a long-term gun owner. Please toss the millions of new gun owners who have joined the mix in the past 3 months. Some are still just looking for ammo to zero their weapons, and build their baseline skill set. They are the parties who are willing to pay the most. If they have just spent over 1k for a gun, spending 50-100 bucks for bullets is cheap compared to the rest of their investment at this point. They DON'T have memories of when the ammo was cheaper. For them, this is NORMAL.
Very true, I get that there is millions of first time gun owners. But still at a certain time most are gonna get 500-1000 rounds down range, stockpile whatever they think they need and (somewhat) stop searching and buying. Now when exactly most get to this point I don’t know. I stopped by a cabelas out of boredom today and was pretty shocked at how much .223 they had. Couple thousand rounds easy. Guy said they stocked it this morning and it wasn’t flying out the door like it had been.

As soon as the scalpers stop seeing big profits on certain items I think those items will get easier too.

So who knows. I think it’s going to be a few years before we are buying RL26, Varget and primers off the shelves easily but for the guy wanting a box of 30.06 off the shelf I don’t see it being horrible to find in the near future.

You can tell by looking at the ammo shelves. When they get full, and stay full; prices will come down.

Marketing is simple, when the product won't move, the price is too high.

Greg

When this admin pushes their agenda too far (i.e. goinganywhere near the guns and ammo is too far), they and we will have bigger problems than just the price of ammo.

With a strong 2nd Amendment, the USA is a world power. Without it, the USA's a third rate power. 75 million gun owners in this country won't take that sitting down,.

guy on another forum got a price list from his ammo distributor. they have all kinds of ammo and prices are not like what we see.
looks like it is being bought wholesale and the prices jacked up.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
email today from fenix ammo:

So far in 2021 we have posted four separate inventory updates (loaded ammo) totaling 1.2 million rounds which have lasted a combined total of 20 minutes. We do not expect things to change in the near future.

The supply chain is still a limiting factor and it will not be resolved any time in 2021. Component prices have gone up on EVERY SINGLE ORDER WE HAVE PLACED with our suppliers in the last eight months.

Once people stop being scared of EVERYTHING!

I honestly thought the Covid hysteria would only last a few months, yet were like a year in and I still see people wearing masks while jogging or in their car alone....sooo

POTUS gun wise, obama was somehow better than Trump, who despite being the polar opposite managed to start banning shit and didn’t keep the statists in line, I think bidget will be the leftist Trump, people will type up crazy tribal shit to sell on his teleprompter, and just like more times than not, not much will change.

But folks will buy into it and buy all the “soon to be banned” shit they can.

Funny thing, so if whatever does become banned, I guess they’ll just turn it in to the local community leader? Because if you keep your property that’s illegal, and if you’re down to break unconstitutional “laws” why not just carry on and buy illegal guns etc after the “ban”, same illegal, so I don’t really get the hoarding pre “were doooomed ban” logic.

So to answer the question, when the peasants figure the sky isn’t falling on this subject, I think it’ll be more or less inline with when the Covid hype finally wears off.

Last edited:
Once people stop being afraid of everything, they will invent something else to be scared of.

A number of things as they affect rifle ammo only. Handgun ammo is not relevant here and that tier is much worse, personal defense being critical and such....

First, hoarders. There are some that have hoarded so many primers it would take 10,000 years to reload and shoot them all. This is true. As for ammo, It's not just individuals. It's distributors as well.

Second, ammo manufacturers are in it to make money. The more they sell and the quicker they sell it, well you gout the picture. The big guys are running some factories on 3-shifts a day 24/7. And that's not enough?

Third, there are only 4 primer manufactures in the U.S. And they also make ammo. Guess who gets the primers first?

Fourth, Individual Hoarders. Did I mention them before? If having to stock your home with more than a 1000 rounds per caliber at hand gives you a warm and cozy feeling, and makes feel you're safe from bodily harm, you are a nut. Unless you live in a war zone battles are over before you can reload your firearm twice!

This shortage is all about one thing, and one thing only, hoarding. Just got an email from Cheaper than Dirt this week. They were saying WE GOT 9MM! $90 a box of 50. Limit, 3-boxes. REALLY? And how much did THEY pay per box? Resellers are hoarders too!

JAS

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
hug your children and remember how cheap ammo was back in the days pre corona virus days . Fond memories of 5cent per round 22lr and 223 that was not much more than 20cents per round those days are long gone just like .25 cent gas prices or .25 cent packs of cigarettes or nickel soda's 07 and a :cry: single tear for what was and shall never be again . But never forget when times are good hoard like its going away forever cause it just might be .

As much as I had wished we as a species would transition to a post-scarcity economy, Covid19 has pushed us into an extreme-scarcity economy.

Due to abhorrent government responses globally, every single supply chain outside of propaganda has been limited to a great extent.

We are looking at the big squeeze right now. Once prices fall to normal, you won't be able to afford it anyways as you would have been bled dry prior.

I know several dealers who still got the ammo in (more normal prices) but they definitely won't sell for that.

Fourth, Individual Hoarders. Did I mention them before? If having to stock your home with more than a 1000 rounds per caliber at hand gives you a warm and cozy feeling, and makes feel you're safe from bodily harm, you are a nut.

I just looked and I have prob 13K small pistol primers and 15K large rifle primers.

Go be poor somewhere the fuck else

Reactions: hafejd30