• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WHEN DID YOU DECIDE TO CARRY ALL THE TIME

EM92wx

Non timebo mala – “I will fear no evil.”
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
The Lowcountry.
Ive been permitted since my state went to "shall issue" in 1996. I have carried a few times as I have really never felt the need. I have carried on late night calls for places my wife had to go when alarms went off and to meet the police. I avoid the typical places were things go wrong fast. Not scared. Yet, times are changing and one is never safe when trouble comes looking for a place to play. So, when did you decide to carry as not part of your job or occupation.

I’ve carried everywhere I go for years. I carry because crazy & bad people are everywhere. You never know where the next fucked up person will do something evil.

I have a family & it’s my obligation to protect them & provide for them. If I go to WalMart, the Post Office or the corner store by myself I carry a pistol. Why? I still have an obligation to provide for my family & nobody will care for them like I do.

Crazy is everywhere these days. Protect yourselves at all times.

I grew up with the typical "hunting" relationship with guns. Mostly black powder, some shotgun for small game, .22 for plinking. Never touched a centerfire rifle until qualifying with M16.

Fast forward to being a dad and going for a hike with my wife and ~6 month old in a carrier. Great hike, explored some new water that I wanted to head back to for some fly fishing.

Next, day I loaded up the rods and headed back to the same trailhead to get some fishing in. Only problem is that when I got there (middle of Pisgah National Forest, not exactly suburbs or urban area) there were 3-4 LEO blocking the road.

Long story short, the same day I was hiking with the wife and kids, a coward name Gary Michael Hilton had continued his serial killing spree in the same stretch of trail. He killed the 84 year old Irene Bryant on the trail and kidnapped her 81 year old husband, John Bryant. John was taken hundreds of miles away and forced to clear his bank accounts before being killed himself. Best guess is that the asshole killed at least 6 people before being caught.

So, I had been on the trail with a wife and infant with nothing more to protect them than a hard look and bare hands.

I bought an S&W 642 the next day. That grew into shooting regularly for fun...then IDPA, then 3 Gun, now precision. I'll never be unarmed again when my kids are with me.

I decided when I realized that carrying in "a bad part of town" wasn't where you need to defend yourself anymore. If became clear that rational though has become the rarity and not the norm.

Like others, I have a family and value their safety and my life more than most of the general public do. Believing the good in people outweighs the bad is for those living in a fool's paradise. I have a tee shirt I wear quite often. "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Now when I'm away from home I keep my eyes moving, sit facing the door in restaurants, and avoid movie theaters and places of disadvantage as much as possible.

Some call me paranoid. My answer is this. Paranoid is afraid something bad is going to happen. Prepared is someone who's ready when it does.

As soon as I got my CCW. I truly hope that I never have to need it, but if I ever need it, I'll have it.

Been carrying 30 years ever since my children were born risking 3-5 years in prison, well worth the time if you ever have a child. I always thought 2A was a Federal Right as to it applied to all across every square foot of this Nation. Can't understand how a State can infringe my 2A Rights. Christ Utah gave me a carry permit and I don't even live there.

I’ve carried everywhere I go for years. I carry because crazy & bad people are everywhere. You never know where the next fucked up person will do something evil.

I have a family & it’s my obligation to protect them & provide for them. If I go to WalMart, the Post Office or the corner store by myself I carry a pistol. Why? I still have an obligation to provide for my family & nobody will care for them like I do.

This. Over and over again.
Been carrying since it was legal for me to do so. I will say, since my daughter (first child) was born, I've been much more vigilant. Old boy scout lessons come to mind. If the kids are with me, I'm like the Terminator when hes been sent to protect John Connor. Always watching and evaluating every bit of the situation. Stay armed, and stay safe. It's a cold, cruel world out there

Mis spent youth - pro musician for decades playing in bars and clubs in every State of the Union. Learned a lot of things including how to stay alive in a robbery, bar fight, or whatever.

We used to carry back then no matter what. So when we got the chance to do it legally here I paid the big $ and took the 16 hours of training and passed my proficiency and have never failed to carry since I got the CCL. That said, a friend of mine had a Niece that had an incident that left her crippled when a gunman forced his way in at 7 in the morning, shot and killed her Man, and then shot her repeatedly leaving her for dead when a round lodged in her spine.

Nothing was taken - they never caught the person who did it.

I carry every day/anywhere it is legal now days and cannot understand how anyone could leave the house without being armed. When they find *my* corpse I'll be lying in a ring of spent brass.

VooDoo

I started carrying a handgun since I had completed high school. And even before then, all the way back to junior high, I was never without an easily deployed and combat grade knife on my person at all times.

After witnessing the coverage of the Mumbai terrorist attacks, I had vowed that I will never be out of arm's reach of a loaded pistol, any time. Fuck no I ain't gonna git' slaughtered by no terrorist or criminal scumbag without making them pay, dearly.

A few months ago on Twitter, someone replied to one of my comments on an RKBA thread saying that if a group of real, paramilitary trained terrorists with assault rifles and antitank weapons decide to lay waste to a certain area, my handgun will be useless. My response: "Sure they'll get me eventually, but I won't be alone either when I pass into eternal darkness". Waited for their reply. Nothing..... Fuck you running away for huh? I ain't gonna rape you...

Last edited:
It won’t happen when you are alert or in a place you are expecting it to happen. Most people who were expecting trouble would go somewhere else.

My point is no one expects trouble, but sometimes trouble finds you. Heckler and Koch are like my American Express. I never leave home without them.

PS I want so many people to carry that its not victim body count in the news. But rather how many bullets the shooter had in them. Listed by caliber. :)

I can also add that the 'novelty' wore off long ago. It's more of a hassle than anything. Especially when you really consider the responsibility you're carrying with you at all times.

Also, the best gun to carry is the one you will carry. I just keep back up nearby.

I forgot to mention “gun free zones.” For example, I won’t visit Buffalo Wild Wings anymore. I refuse to enter an establishment that doesn’t support the 2A. Period.

This is based on nothing more than personal convictions. Gun free zones are kill zones.

Other than Federal/State buildings, it's a mere trespassing charge that you can pretty much only receive if 1. you refuse to leave or 2. were already warned and you came back.

Just sayin'. ?

It won’t happen when you are alert or in a place you are expecting it to happen. Most people who were expecting trouble would go somewhere else.

My point is no one expects trouble, but sometimes trouble finds you. Heckler and Koch are like my American Express. I never leave home without them.

PS I want so many people to carry that its not victim body count in the news. But rather how many bullets the shooter had in them. Listed by caliber. :)
Amen brother

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I forgot to mention “gun free zones.” For example, I won’t visit Buffalo Wild Wings anymore. I refuse to enter an establishment that doesn’t support the 2A. Period.

This is based on nothing more than personal convictions. Gun free zones are kill zones.

Concealed means concealed. AKA "You ain't see nothing? Nothing's there", as far as everyone else is concerned.

If it does become visible, then that means some 15-seconds of fame wannabe has caught 400+ foot pounds of kinetic energy to the skull already...

I don't carry every day and there's been 2 times in the last 34 years I've almost paid for it. I grew up pretty deep in the country and started packing a 357 at 10-11 years old. My dad trained me well and I respected both him and the guns. First time, when I was about 12 and about 1/4 mile from my house, my cousin and I almost got picked up while riding our bicycles on a late night frogging expedition. Luckily, we made it to a fence row with high weeds and the guy did not pursue. Second time, in my early 30s, several friends and I were camping and playing music when 2 weirdos ended up in the lake house. I had them leave but things would have been much smoother had I been carrying. Both times I was in my comfort zone. Both times I was thinking "What the hell is my dad going to think when he finds out I didn't have a gun".

Started carrying day after 911. Been carrying a knife si ce jr high. Started with a S&W 4006 but after a few hundred rnds I found some slide stop damage so I sold it to a guy that just wanted a pistol for the house. Been carrying a 1911 since. Till now. Just finished putting the Trijicon HD orange on my new XDM 10mm 4.5. This is now my ccw pistol. & I have a 2 mag holder for when I know I'm going to a place where I might actually need them... which sadly is now just about everywhere.

I never understood the mentality that people have when rationalizing not carrying. Nobody should feel comfortable outsourcing their personal protection to anybody. My dad was a cop, always had a gun on him. I started to carry one frequently after graduating high school, all the time after graduating academy.

I lived in some bad parts of town growing up.. saw Black gang members force kids to do sexual things in elementary school. Saw Mexican gang member do the same thing to a boy in middle school. I always had a pocket knife and even bought my first pistol in high school shop class. I was carrying before it was recognized as legal and will be carrying long after it’s outlawed.

Reactions: gigamortis

This.

Since I just got my letter saying I've been approved yesterday.... And yes I live in San Diego....???

Do you wear your seatbelt all the time or only when you 'think' you might crash?
Good point.
Well, a few weeks ago I went and bought the updated version of applicable guns laws for my state. I did this while I was at he range I go to for shooting since its down the street. Usually 200 rounds between 9mm and 45 ACP. It usually take a few hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Good point.
Well, a few weeks ago I went and bought the updated version of applicable guns laws for my state. I did this while I was at he range I go to for shooting since its down the street. Usually 200 rounds between 9mm and 45 ACP. It usually take a few hours.

I started carrying as soon as I could. However being in the army, sometimes you aren't allowed to in the state you are stationed in. I've tried to get my assignments in good states. However I'm currently in Germany. Here I carry a knife if I do need something. Figure a knife is better than nothing.