• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When to buy trijicon acog

bidof

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2020
I’m looking to outfit my rifle with a new acog ta31F. I’m not sure where to find the best price or wait for a sale. Any suggestion?

Look here and on the ARF EE.

They're a solid combat optic, but their new/used value is about the same as driving a new car off the lot.

eta - Have you used a TA31 before? The eye relief is measured in milimeters and requires you to hold the gun/mount the optic to where its basically in your eye when aiming. The TA33 is a much better overall model. Put a RMR ontop and you're set for anything.

Last edited:
I a
Look here and on the ARF EE.

They're a solid combat optic, but their new/used value is about the same as driving a new car off the lot.

eta - Have you used a TA31 before? The eye relief is measured in milimeters and requires you to hold the gun/mount the optic to where its basically in your eye when aiming. The TA33 is a much better overall model. Put a RMR ontop and you're set for anything.
i actually havn’t. Thanks for the suggestion because knowing that I’d regret the purchase.

I a

i actually havn’t. Thanks for the suggestion because knowing that I’d regret the purchase.

Yeah just google TA31 eye relief and you'll see.

The TA33 is 1x less mag but is also a BAC optic that can have a calibrated BDC reticle in it like the TA31. It also has several inches of eye relief. Look at the RMR option to add one to the rear 'ring' for a RDS on the gun.

If you've never used an ACOG before, there's a bit of a learning curve with keeping both eyes open and switching targets while still looking through the optic rather than moving your head, finding the target and having to start all over again.

The TA33 I have on one of my carbines has been everything short of dropped off a cliff, its ugly, but its never had any issues.

More of the above ^ -I just sold my TA33 over on ARFcom, whilst keeping my TA31. I honestly wished I'd done it the other way around. The extra 1X is negligible in the real world, certainly no substitute for the easier eyebox of the 33...
I'd also explore other fixed prism options that are out there, there's a lot of very solid, dependable options that might not be ACOG tough, but they're not far behind and much cheaper

I love my TA31. with all acogs and tube scopes, I use a stock like the UBR and have no issues. With a M4/CTR type stock, you will be riding the buffer tube with your cheek. But the M4/CTR types are not ideal to begin with, since they rip out facial hair every time you throw them up.

Yeah just google TA31 eye relief and you'll see.

The TA33 is 1x less mag but is also a BAC optic that can have a calibrated BDC reticle in it like the TA31. It also has several inches of eye relief. Look at the RMR option to add one to the rear 'ring' for a RDS on the gun.

If you've never used an ACOG before, there's a bit of a learning curve with keeping both eyes open and switching targets while still looking through the optic rather than moving your head, finding the target and having to start all over again.

The TA33 I have on one of my carbines has been everything short of dropped off a cliff, its ugly, but its never had any issues.
What do you think of the TA11?

What do you think of the TA11?

Between the 11 and 33, you're basically getting .5 more mag and a slightly larger FOV on the 11.

However the 33 is something like 6 ounces lighter, overall smaller and twice the eye relief.

I would skip the dual illum acogs altogether. The LED 4x Ta02 or 3.5x TA011 would be my preference as you can adjust the brightness to your liking. Being able to "brighten" your dot in a dimly lit area really helps with close range BAC type shooting.

Here's one of my LMT's acog journey:
1. Bought Ta31. Great, lightweight optic. I wanted illum control.
2. Bought a TA011D LED. Loved the expanded eyebox. Didn't care for it's size.
3. Sold both of those
4. Bought a TA02 4x LED and haven't looked back. I don't shoot NTCH so do I have a 100% full sight picture on my preferred buttstock position? No. But @ 90% it's still perfectly useable.

Never tried a ta33. Certainly not a fan of the 1.5x model.

The EE at Arfcom is the best place to get good prices on used or lightly used ACOGs. Liberty Optics would be my first call for any new optic.