• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When would I need a X35 power scope vs X27

I know a lot of guys who use the NF 35x on their "LR 22s"; not kidding. Within the 400 yards they're shooting the mirage is not so much of an issue.

I think you will thank yourself for deciding on the ZCO for true ELR shooting. ZCO has made a splash in the community for sure. Top quality.

image_1423717677_19700120_091155_crop_89.jpg

Not mine, a mates. Just happened. ZCO. Yes, they are fixing it. Ricochet rock from the muzzle break seems to be the idea behind it.

Sounds like Vortex is coming out with a 35x Razor soon. Not saying it would be on the same level as a ZCO though.

Where/when is this coming from? I don't even see it on the company web site?

Scroll down and the data sheet is there to download.

Reactions: Jefe~ and gnochi
You can call them directly and get the 100% correct answer :) 208-435-4000

And what some people don't realize about magnification is that the exit pupil gets very tight on the maximum magnification which restricts the light coming in. So when we were out shooting 2,000 yards and under, we were typically about 18-20 power with 25-27x scopes with some mirage.
Using a ZCO out there I didn't want to use anything else :)

Or go with a 40X ZCO...
Once again it was a complete pleasure to talk to you guys! I am so glad I called! looking forward to the glass!

I typically shoot 30-35X at 1,000 for FTR matches depending on conditions. When I shot 2,000 out west with a .338 LM because of conditions we had to dial back to 14X because of mirage that day and was using a NF ATACR which is darn nice glass. Conditions will dictate how much magnification you can use.

Reactions: Jefe~
Has anyone here tried IOR Valdada scopes? They use Schott Glass.
I have looked through one... several years ago and almost bought it (used) The reason I didn't had nothing to do with the glass which I thought was very nice, however I didn't because it would have been a Tank going on a 308 and that didn't make sense at the time to me.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Finally got my ZCO mounted and boresighted. Everything about this optic has me saying wow! Just Wow!

For example, and maybe I was just lucky but this was an unexpected surprise....
Mounted everything up, looked through the bore at 20 yards, looked at the reticle and everything was lined up. No adjustments needed. I have never experienced that before. I should be able to get it out this weekend!
ZCO.jpg

Sigh... I know this question has been answered many times on different threads in various context however I now find myself asking it too. (Ha Ha)
I am working on a new build for the coming year for longer.. range work (1500+) and want to go ahead and secure a new piece of glass now so that I can place it on my existing rifle and start enjoying it. Ultimately this scope will go on the new build and my USO will go back on my existing rifle.

My question is straight forward. With a FFP Scope, for those of you who regularly shoot between 1500 and 2K yards do you ever have the need/want for more than X27?

Many Thanks in advance!
I've found mag is my friend b/c I can't shoot with my distance glasses and see both target and reticle at 20/20(3 pairs of glasses: close up readers, mid range computer work and pure distance). So I see ~ 20/40 at distance through my glass, but my reticle is crystal clear at 20/20 using my mid range computer specs. So, I appreciate the 30x on my XRS II and while I'd much prefer to see the target and my reticle 20/20 that isn't going to happen until I get these cataracts done.

I also shoot at 1mile + 90% of the time so the mag I just like a lot. In FL you either learn to use and read mirage or you become a sour puss perfect weather shooter. So, on 30x it's a benefit in that regard too.....well at least until it's blowing 10+ and it's fully laid over. Having said that we get multiple wind directions every time from firing line to target so it's still very helpful. Starting to learn the art of reading and implementing mirage was the most instrumental skill set in my progress this past year. Not just wind, but also the target image boiling and learning where to actually hold the reticle.

*need* for me? I could get by with less and manage, but having tried just about everything I can think of with these darn coke bottle glasses I've found zooming all the way in gives me the best results down range.

Last edited:
I've found mag is my friend b/c I can't shoot with my distance glasses and see both target and reticle at 20/20(3 pairs of glasses: close up readers, mid range computer work and pure distance). So I see ~ 20/40 at distance through my glass, but my reticle is crystal clear at 20/20 using my mid range computer specs. So, I appreciate the 30x on my XRS II and while I'd much prefer to see the target and my reticle 20/20 that isn't going to happen until I get these cataracts done.

I also shoot at 1mile + 90% of the time so the mag I just like a lot. In FL you either learn to use and read mirage or you become a sour puss perfect weather shooter. So, on 30x it's a benefit in that regard too.....well at least until it's blowing 10+ and it's fully laid over. Having said that we get multiple wind directions every time from firing line to target so it's still very helpful. Starting to learn the art of reading and implementing mirage was the most instrumental skill set in my progress this past year. Not just wind, but also the target image boiling and learning where to actually hold the reticle.

*need* for me? I could get by with less and manage, but having tried just about everything I can think of with these darn coke bottle glasses I've found zooming all the way in gives me the best results down range.
That is great input! I did decide on a top end of X27 and once I have a chance to stretch it out I will have some actual observations to share. I am in N.Va these days but previously was in FL. Yes mirage is a constant there. I wear contacts 98% of the time when I shoot mainly because glasses don't work for me when shooting prone. I actually prefer to remove my glasses if not wearing contacts but that is a different optical game.

That is great input! I did decide on a top end of X27 and once I have a chance to stretch it out I will have some actual observations to share. I am in N.Va these days but previously was in FL. Yes mirage is a constant there. I wear contacts 98% of the time when I shoot mainly because glasses don't work for me when shooting prone. I actually prefer to remove my glasses if not wearing contacts but that is a different optical game.
Ha I hear ya. I don't shoot prone b/c at $400+ for each set of lenses alone with my stupid grind to try and tweak one so I can see through my lenses in prone isn't worth it. My Rx is so brutal at -9.0 now that I have about the size of a dime or less of 20/20 through center of lenses. Get out off that dead center and it goes to a messy blob fast. Just not enough juice for the squeeze to mess with prone at this point a bench works fine. I have punctal plugs in for chronic dry eye and had to stop wearing contacts about 10 years ago. Let's just say eyes in my family are not the greatest.

Ha I hear ya. I don't shoot prone b/c at $400+ for each set of lenses alone with my stupid grind to try and tweak one so I can see through my lenses in prone isn't worth it. My Rx is so brutal at -9.0 now that I have about the size of a dime or less of 20/20 through center of lenses. Get out off that dead center and it goes to a messy blob fast. Just not enough juice for the squeeze to mess with prone at this point a bench works fine. I have punctal plugs in for chronic dry eye and had to stop wearing contacts about 10 years ago. Let's just say eyes in my family are not the greatest.
I understand! I just hit +8

Sightron 5-40 seems to be getting pretty good hype from some.
March Genesis is another

I understand! I just hit +8
Are you able to correct for that with the eye piece adjustment? I'd love to have reader issues only and good distance. Shooting with thick glasses sucks!

Are you able to correct for that with the eye piece adjustment? I'd love to have reader issues only and good distance. Shooting with thick glasses sucks!
With Contacts Yes. With no corrective lenses no...., but as long as I am not shooting for groups I can usually get the job done.

I would like to note that the resolution on the ZCO is incredible! Nothing that I read in my research has done this thing justice. I have significant vision issues and well... you can't hit what you can't see. ooh but I can see now! just wow! I wish I could afford a few of these guys, I would put them on everything.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
I would like to note that the resolution on the ZCO is incredible! Nothing that I read in my research has done this thing justice. I have significant vision issues and well... you can't hit what you can't see. ooh but I can see now! just wow! I wish I could afford a few of these guys, I would put them on everything.

We can make that happen :)