• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are all the employees ?

Any industry you talk to can’t find employees.

Where are they all ? Welfare ? .gov “jobs”. Moms basement ?
I hear that. Full time employed as a carpenter, been in the trade a long time. Never stopped working throughout this mess.

Yet, can't catch a fucking raise, and 80% of the crews around here can't get any help......🤔

Ive had two positions open for weeks now. One is over 40k and the other is closer to 50k, no experience required, full comp package, etc. etc.

-One kid that showed up for an interview was wearing a t-shirt and nasty ballcap, knew nothing of the job or company.
-Second that showed up brought his Mtn Dew in and put it on my desk. He had done at least 13seconds of research on the company and then proceeded to explain, with a high level of condescension, how he was sure this would be an easy gig and asked if the company phone had unlimited data.

Slaves worldwide are revolting.
Go cook your own meal, go pick your own cotton and go drive your own truck.
Spoken like a true union slug

You’re too old but a lot of people are going to be in for a awakening when all these business owners throw their hands up and say fuck it and you turds are forced to work for Walmart and Amazon who give zero fucks about you and you and everyone else will have a zero upward mobility

Go do all the work ourselves but still pay an ever increasing confiscatory tax rate to pay for all the welfare parasites , .gov parasites and crony capitalism big business parasites

Spoken like a true union slug

You’re too old but a lot of people are going to be in for a awakening when all these business owners throw their hands up and say fuck it and you turds are forced to work for Walmart and Amazon who give zero fucks about you and you and everyone else will have a zero upward mobility

Go do all the work ourselves but still pay an ever increasing confiscatory tax rate to pay for all the welfare parasites , .gov parasites and crony capitalism big business parasites
You're about 60 years late Sonny Boy
Get off the computer and go pick that cotton.

Last edited:
My Commie stepson is all about people quitting their jobs in protest for higher wages. He is also of the mindset that every industry needs to be unionized to protect workers. He has lived like a gypsy, like most of these types do, crashing for a few weeks here and there. His current status is living in the apartment his girlfriend’s parents are paying for while she is getting an art degree. You can’t make this shit up.

My Commie stepson is all about people quitting their jobs in protest for higher wages. He is also of the mindset that every industry needs to be unionized to protect workers
Fucking idiots.
Make inflation go even higher
Offshore even more jobs

EE6B05B7-0A09-4043-B041-55308E398915.jpeg
F9FBD131-D6BF-4452-8A63-672CC69BBE43.gif

I predict the closing of an inordinate amount of business', mostly brick an mortar and mostly retail, in the next six months. I think many were hoping that Christmas would be their savior but it wasn't. Unemployment is drying up and the rent moratorium is gone. Takes a minute for that shit to hit reality.

And all those companies looking for workers will have as many as they like at a discount.

Fucking idiots.
Make inflation go even higher
Offshore even more jobs

View attachment 7772124View attachment 7772123
I have tried to explain this to him. He actually used to be really conservative. For some reason he started hanging around the rock climbing crowd and then became a rafting guide. Next thing I knew he had a nose ring and had put gender pronouns in front of his name on social media.

"I will stop the motor of the world."

It is coming true.
You hit on something here. My opinion is that having all the time off during Queef-19 has shown people the value of their time. Yes, a bunch mooched, but many enjoyed a lot more time with family and general wellness.

Now people want more pay to leave that. An equilibrium will be found, or people will be replaced with robots, lol.

If you think even the average bartender was making more money sitting at home, we’ll 😂

Mandating government injections, and shitty work atmosphere, that doesn’t help.

All the good places to work in my industry, they got staff.

Seems the places with high turnover before have crazy turn over or just can’t find people now, oh well

You hit on something here. My opinion is that having all the time off during Queef-19 has showed people the value of their time. Yes, a bunch mooched, but many enjoyed a lot more time with family and general wellness.

Now people want more pay to leave that. An equilibrium will be found, or people will be replaced with robots, lol.
Most people want more pay but employers are less likely to pay it.

My employer let people attached to HQ move when WFH was the norm (still is through 2022) and many moved to remote areas. However, they have also been told that when the return to office happens, they will get a pay adjustment commensurate with their new geography. Being that HQ is in San Francisco, pretty much everyone that left will be getting a pay cut.

Reactions: lariat
Yet, can't catch a fucking raise, and 80% of the crews around here can't get any help......🤔

I've seen both sides of it.

On one hand I have these geezer owners I "supervise" construction sites for who want everything to go back to 1990s dollars and on the other hand I have subcontractors who are so busy that they cannot get back to you for months.

I got a framing quote for two houses at 8$ a foot, sheeted everything. Around here 10-12 is the norm. Guy was all ready to go with a crew. Owner blew him off because he used to frame houses in the 80s for a dollar a foot and goddammit nobody wants to work and...now he's trying to frame them himself and it's northern arizona so he is snowed in lmao.

Most people want more pay but employers are less likely to pay it.

My employer let people attached to HQ move when WFH was the norm (still is through 2022) and many moved to remote areas. However, they have also been told that when the return to office happens, they will get a pay adjustment commensurate with their new geography. Being that HQ is in San Francisco, pretty much everyone that left will be getting a pay cut.
I agree with your first sentence.

I agree with the paragraph too. Why pay San Francisco wages for someone living in BFE? If I ran a company I’d be ecstatic to push the costs of real estate, desks, printers, paper, shit paper, pens, computers, utilities, data, snackrooms, janitorial, etc onto my employees by having them work from home where feasible.

I've read that a big part of the missing employees is because folks are taking early retirement .
Where I work we're five guys short so instead of 4 days on 4 off we're all doing 6 on 2 off. We hired three in the last month who all quit before their first day because they found a better paying job.

Reactions: Lightning8
I've read that a big part of the missing employees is because folks are taking early retirement .
Where I work we're five guys short so instead of 4 days on 4 off we're all doing 6 on 2 off. We hired three in the last month who all quit before their first day because they found a better paying job.

My 2cents is housing/inflation are driving it to the Moon and it's gonna pop after the midterms.

Reactions: lariat and Adam B
I agree with your first sentence.

I agree with the paragraph too. Why pay San Francisco wages for someone living in BFE? If I ran a company I’d be ecstatic to push the costs of real estate, desks, printers, paper, shit paper, pens, computers, utilities, data, snackrooms, janitorial, etc onto my employees by having them work from home where feasible.
This is an area I am following closely. At some point, corporations with those huge buildings and and other fixed costs are going to realize that most professional people can work from home quite effectively and begin scaling back. The decrease in operational costs directly affects EBIDTA in a positive way.

All of a sudden, vacancy rates in large metropolitan areas climb and all of the ancillary businesses like coffee shops, lunch counters, etc. will begin to fail. Those ancillary businesses employ non-professional workers who now lose their livelihoods.

Things will get spicy for certain

There are lots of jobs here, for 1/2 what an experienced person expects in pay. Either businesses are built on an unsound model, or are just too cheap. Good employees are working, just not for the employers whining about staffing levels. If you can not attract quality employees, up your game or close your business. Why the fuck should I work cheap so you can get rich off my efforts. I’m working now, but I will continue to trade up jobs without a lot of loyalty unless an employer steps up. I’m a experienced, qualified trades person with very broad skills. I am the super model of employees, but employers are mostly chubby geeks with sweaty hands wanting a kiss.

This is an area I am following closely. At some point, corporations with those huge buildings and and other fixed costs are going to realize that most professional people can work from home quite effectively and begin scaling back. The decrease in operational costs directly affects EBIDTA in a positive way.

All of a sudden, vacancy rates in large metropolitan areas climb and all of the ancillary businesses like coffee shops, lunch counters, etc. will begin to fail. Those ancillary businesses employ non-professional workers who know lose their livelihoods.

Things will get spicy for certain
I agree, again.

There is a pretty shitty financial tornado brewing. Hoping to pick up a low miles F-250 for cheap when it all crashes.

The thing that anyone who can work from home needs to realize, is that someone overseas can do the same job, and will do it for pennies on the $$.
Try again....

If you are a customer service person or some other low skill job, I agree. God luck with professional tech people. The Bay Area is dying and the number of people applying to get a job has doubled.

I have worked from home for 6 years now. I have no fear of an overseas person taking away what I do for my company. Based on what I get paid, I would say my employer worries that I will leave and work for another Bay Area firm..

Depends on the skills you bring to the table

If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

To shrug.

Watch the cash start flowing before midterms. People will vote for whoever gives them more. Bet food stamps get expanded, student loan "forgiveness", etc.

The country will be wrecked, not that it matters to DC politicos.

I'm thinkin inflation will go wild weasel. Maybe convert all assets to starkist tuna* and potted meat product.

*autocorrect spelled that "Starkist Tina" 😬

There are lots of jobs here, for 1/2 what an experienced person expects in pay. Either businesses are built on an unsound model, or are just too cheap. Good employees are working, just not for the employers whining about staffing levels. If you can not attract quality employees, up your game or close your business. Why the fuck should I work cheap so you can get rich off my efforts. I’m working now, but I will continue to trade up jobs without a lot of loyalty unless an employer steps up. I’m a experienced, qualified trades person with very broad skills. I am the super model of employees, but employers are mostly chubby geeks with sweaty hands wanting a kiss.
Good good. Lol you will wind up with very few places to work.

Employers have to pay for their employees, .gov “employees” , the welfare parasites and the crony capitalists big businesses that don’t pay taxes.

“pay more “. While they are paying for everyone / both sides of the coin

Worker shortage my ass, they are hoping Congress will pass a Guest Worker program so they can bring in a bunch of foreigners and keep wages low.

You must be a union hourly worker work in construction

LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jsp556