• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are you finding .22 Match?

Tactical22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
SC
I hate to shoot up all the SK Jagd Standard Plus I have saved...has anybody found Match grade .22 (SK is my preference since I already know how it shoots in my rifle) ANYWHERE on line?

Took me three months to get some Eley Club. Backordered at a reasonable price. Now they won't even backorder so I won't mention from who. found some Wolf match at $109 brick. Local g/s.

Bruno's has wolf in stock which is the same as the sk you are talking about. Priced around 1.00 more per box but not unreasonable for pretty good ammo right now. Champions choice has pretty much shut down any ordering unless they have it in stock and that is not often. You used to be able to back order but I have not seen that happen for a while. They do have other types of ammo in stock but it is most likely not priced the same as the wolf/sk/lapua.

My supplier just delivered a brick of 10x, a brick of Center-X and six lot test boxes of Eley Black from six selected lots to me this week to test. It is nice to get that kind of service. Now if I could just find time to go to the range.... Irish

A few places (grafs, bullets.com) have had SK magazine in the 500 round cans several times over the past year. Both places have had other flavors of SK on and off, but currently they only have Tenex

If I tell you 2500 more people will read it, then there won't be any for me. Don't mean to be a dick but logic tells me you have a computer and internet access, find it like the rest of us.

I have several "honey holes" that I use. All have plenty of Eley, Lapua, SK and the non- EPS bullet Eley. You have to develop a relationship with them. Buying one brick at a time does not allow you to join the "club". I typically buy 1/2 to full case lots. I bought a case of SK Standard Plus a couple of weeks ago. Seems like it was around $500. I use it for Steel Challenge. They will allow you to buy individual boxes to test. If you search hard enough you will find them.

If I tell you 2500 more people will read it, then there won't be any for me. Don't mean to be a dick but logic tells me you have a computer and internet access, find it like the rest of us.

That's not being a Dick, that's just being honest.

I use to be able to back order SK from one place regularly and receive my case about every 4-6 weeks. I'm not going to say exactly how many cases of SK I bought last year during this "drought". However before the pitchforks come out, I mainly shared it with my buddies to get them through. Now I can no longer place a backorder because the rest of the Internet found out that they could do the same thing and ordered more than the seller had on order with Lapua for this year. Find it where you can, maybe tell a good friend, but don't post it on the internet unless you want that honey hole to dry up. ;)

Yep, thanks for reinforcing my point Bunsen. I have a duty to 22TSC shooters and those on my email list.
Though Bunsen is not on my email list(though I don't know why he isn't, probly my procrastination at work) he is in the inner circle and these are the people that I will tell. I did post recently about where to get some and am thinking I may delete that part of the post, but it is a lot more local reaching than SH. No offense to you other guys but my game comes first along with my actual friends that I have met. Didn't mean to come off...well...mean, but it's a hard world out there.
Though I have been curious about where Bunsen gets his SK I have not asked him, though I am sure he would tell me. We are friends but it feels a bit rude to ask such things of my friends. If you have a great place to hunt, and start dragging everyone with you to your spot, pretty soon there is nothing to hunt. If I want some I have fingers and eyes and a credit card.

On another note, I ran my mouth far too much last year and I noticed that Center X dried up to nothing shortly after a few of us started touting it's virtues here on the Hide. Did a few of us single handedly cut our own throats? Well seems a strange coincidence.

I am shooting 922A this year,,,wait,,,Aguila Match,,,no wait Eley black box,,,,wait no,,,CCI SV.....Where am I gettin it? At the gettin place!

Last edited:
I got tired of waiting for it to pop up as available on web sites, so I just put it on backorder at Bruno's who sells just about all the match grade .22 ammo. Sometimes it comes in a month later, and sometimes four months later. I've been doing this for over a year now, so I no longer have a worry of running dry. Yes, Bruno's is more expensive for the product and the shipping than most, but "MOST" aren't willing to take backorders, and never have it. So, you can stop living in the past of cheap prices, and always available for now, and start doing what I do, or keep hunting for a ghost. They will fill the backorders before posting it as available. Sometimes their shipment isn't enough to fill all the backorders, so most of us think that it's never available. Same as powder. I placed a backorder for H4350 of 16 pounds. Paid $27.00 per pound shipped including the haz mat fees, and got it in less than two months. It is selling on gunbroker for $37.00 to $42.00 a pound, plus shipping.

Yep, thanks for reinforcing my point Bunsen. I have a duty to 22TSC shooters and those on my email list.
Though Bunsen is not on my email list(though I don't know why he isn't, probly my procrastination at work) he is in the inner circle and these are the people that I will tell. I did post recently about where to get some and am thinking I may delete that part of the post, but it is a lot more local reaching than SH. No offense to you other guys but my game comes first along with my actual friends that I have met. Didn't mean to come off...well...mean, but it's a hard world out there.
Though I have been curious about where Bunsen gets his SK I have not asked him, though I am sure he would tell me. We are friends but it feels a bit rude to ask such things of my friends. If you have a great place to hunt, and start dragging everyone with you to your spot, pretty soon there is nothing to hunt. If I want some I have fingers and eyes and a credit card.

On another note, I ran my mouth far too much last year and I noticed that Center X dried up to nothing shortly after a few of us started touting it's virtues here on the Hide. Did a few of us single handedly cut our own throats? Well seems a strange coincidence.

I am shooting 922A this year,,,wait,,,Aguila Match,,,no wait Eley black box,,,,wait no,,,CCI SV.....Where am I gettin it? At the gettin place!

I'd have told you if you asked, it just never came up in conversation.

That Lapua Center-X and Midas + are crap, don't anybody waste your money!! What everybody really should be shooting are either the Remington Golden Bullet or Thunderbolts. They shoot WAY better than anything Lapua makes!! ;)

[MENTION=41590]armorpl8chikn[/MENTION]

You've really made it now. Your own Downfall tribute video!

I can get several bricks of Eley Match OSP .22lr 40gr, part # 01500 but man that stuff is high, not much shy of $200 a brick. The high priced match stuff is about the only .22LR in stock at most places.

Well, if you live in the South and have an Academny Sports and Outdoors store near you, might want to check it for the Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match 22 ammo. Found it in my Academny outside Houston, Tx yesterday and clerk told me they'd received it late last week. LOL, only $20 a box of 50. No, Academny is not price gouging on it, the Ultra Match does sell for around that. Forget what European company makes it for Federal. Too pricey for me to buy and try. I'm kinda happy with the Norma TAC 22 ammo I've bought thru Midway to shoot in my BSA Model 12 target 22 rifle....$60 a brick of 500. Not sayings the Norma TAC is better than the more costly match ammo, but for me it does quite well. Used the Norma to win the last target 22 rifle 50 yd competition I shot in at range I'm a member. Beat guys with more modern and much more costly 22 target rifles using a lot more expensive match ammo with the Norma TAC in my old BSA 12 martini rifle.

I put my Center X into a Aguila Std Vel box before I go to the range. Just to throw the hounds off the scent, lol.

Irish

For you gents in the South with an Academny Sports and Outdoors store in your area. Past Monday visited the Academny store in Humble, Tx and found they'd gotten a supply of the Federal Gold Medal ULTRA MATCH late last week. Being $19.95 a box for the Ultra Match, I passed on buying some of it to try in my target 22, an old BSA model 12 martini that still shoots darn good. Anyway, think the "Ultra Match" labeled ammo is made by RWS for Federal and that Federal makes their Gold Medal match labeled 22 ammo, which costs a heck of a lot less than the Ultra Match.

Grand opening for Cabelas in Greenville SC tomorrow. They have 5 pallets of .22 ammo in stock. They plan to put out 1 pallet per day first five days. I was in the store last Friday. Lots of brands and quantities of ammo. Didn't look specific for match, however, they have metric shit tons of it in stock. Positive they have a lot of CCI mini mags. That stuff shoots great for me.

come on chikn / damm now my match Aguila will dry up on the net.
yep an inner core of friends at conover, but when it comes down, to the wire,
sometimes friends,will hide what they are up to. LOL an justly so.
to tell the truth, brownie, an i tried some cheap thunderbolt's an man did they shoot tight
we hit catawba Co. ever shot all the way out to 211yds.
any body got some for sell. need soon, the MATCH coming up fast, dont have nuff, for the year
:;

I have a new line thanks to Yoteman....."Oh yeah, that stuff is plenty accurate, every bit minute of county."

minute of barndoor, minute of berm.....

Eley Target at Midway 70.99 per 500. Eley Target Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 500 (10

Save $10 Off Orders Over $50 with NRA14101 code

They did charge me $15.49 for shipping which is totally stupid but it was still $77.00 shipped for 500 rounds of good Target ammo. That's only about 50 cents a box above Killough Shooting Sports shipped.

So not a bad deal. Better Hurry............

And you can get all the high end match stuff from these guys, Killough Shooting Sports.

That's about normal for Tenex though.

I know, that was not meant to sound like a shot at Champions Choice by any means! I buy a fair amount of ammo there and I'm sure I'll pick up at least a brick of Tenex at some point in my quest to find the perfect ammo for my CZ money pit, I mean project. I'm just hoping the perfect ammo is not the 20.00 a box variety, but I'm sure it will be!

Hmmmm, 20 bucks a box for 50 rounds of match ammo.
Sounds like a fair price for punching paper.
Especially considering match .308 is going for 2 bucks a round.

BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand

Yeah the Midas + is usually 4 or 5 bucks cheaper per box. That adds up when you're buying a case at a time