• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where can I find a super short light for my XD?

CAG55

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
Hi Folks,
I just got a Springfield Armory XD 45 with a 4" barrel, I want to put a light on the bottom rail, my problem is all the lights I have found are 3 1/4" long and that puts the light 1" past the barrel. I need a light that is 2 1.4" long, can anyone tell me where I might look??
Thanks
Cag55

Re: Where can I find a super short light for my XD?

try the tlr-3

tlr3.rev%203x3.jpg

there are a few others but i dont know the models or makes

Have the TLR-3. Good light and small enough for the sub-compacts.

the TLR-3 is probably your best bet, and the price is reasonable especially for a quality durable light. Not real sure who is building holsters for the 4" XD .45 and the TLR-3 though. A quick tip to help clean up of your light after a long range session is put a drop of CLP on your finger and rub it into the light lense before you shoot. It will make getting all the carbon off the lense much easier. Good luck in your quest.

Danel

Streamlight TLR is great light.

Insight X2L is the smallest light pistol mounted light I've seen, it was designed specifically for subcompact pistols. They have a fit chart on their website.

I have the TLR, good to go.

I want to thank all of you guys for the advice!! The X 2 seems to be the one that is the best fit.
Has anyone ever bought from Native Outdoors???
They have it for $88.00 Optic planet has it for $117.00 to your door.
If anyone has bought from Native Outdoors please let me know how good of company there are.
Thanks
Cag55

Thanks to everyone that helped me on finding a short light. I looked every place I was told to look and I ran across the Micron 30 it was the shortest light that is out there, I just got it today and the fit is PERFECT I will let everyone know how well it works.
Thanks Again!
Cag55
light.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAG55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Folks,
I just got a Springfield Armory XD 45 with a 4" barrel, I want to put a light on the bottom rail, my problem is all the lights I have found are 3 1/4" long and that puts the light 1" past the barrel. I need a light that is 2 1.4" long, can anyone tell me where I might look??
Thanks
Cag55 </div></div>

been looking at the same gun. How do you like it?

Hey nut, between me and the wife we have three xd's. I have the .45 in the short barrel and the 5 in. barrel, and she has the .40 sub-compact. All three guns are awesome, never had a problem with any of the guns. One of the .45's has over 1000 rounds through it without a hiccup and the other .45 has close to 400 rounds through it without a stoppage. The subcompact has about 200 rounds through it and hasn't stopped. Personally I am a huge xd fan. Get one!!

Thanks for the info. I'm am def. going to get one. Now I just have to wait for Uncle Sam to give me some of my money back

Watch for sales, Academy Sports sold me my 5in for less than 400.00, just a thought

Wow! That is a good price. The cheapest I have found is $550 on gunbroker.com Thanks for the tip