• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where can I go shooting in Arizona?

NaturesKin

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Just got my .22 rifle back from the smity. Promised I'd take a couple of friends out shooting when I got it back.

Just for safety measures, does anyone know what lands I can shoot on in Arizona? What the distances are from roads and building?

Re: Where can I go shooting in Arizona?

I suppose. I'd rather contact G&F than the police.

I've gone shooting out in AZ before, all over the place, but always by myself and I never knew whether or not the land was ok to shoot on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperWannabeee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose. I'd rather contact G&F than the police.

I've gone shooting out in AZ before, all over the place, but always by myself and I never knew whether or not the land was ok to shoot on. </div></div>

Do it right or take your chances.....(they can not only cite you, they can take your sticks away.)

you pick.

go to one of the three ranges in phoenix and not worry about if your in the right place. Most of the desert around phx is annexed by the city and illegal to shoot there.

I hear there is a great shooting spot 100 yards north of the USA / Mexico border. Aim to the south. Engage any pop-up targets that cross the fence heading north.

Not sure how reliable this info is. Then again, it could just be a rumor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go to one of the three ranges in phoenix and not worry about if your in the right place. Most of the desert around phx is annexed by the city and illegal to shoot there. </div></div>

1+. Don't forget Native American's Land/Reservations. Definitely frown upon. Any US National Forest, BLM lands will be find.

If you are just shooting a 22LR, then one of the three ranges in Phoenix will do. Rio Salado has a range out to 300 yards. Once you have qualified, you can also use the 500 yards as well. That should be suffient for a 22LR.

LOL, well there are 3 ranges in the Phoenix area: Ben Avery, Rio Salado, & Phoenix Rod & Gun. YOu can also shoot in the national forests during the winter. During the summer, they have fire/heat advisories that ban shooting in the national forests/parks. Arizona is a great state to be a gun lover: enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperWannabeee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my .22 rifle back from the smity. Promised I'd take a couple of friends out shooting when I got it back.

Just for safety measures, does anyone know what lands I can shoot on in Arizona? What the distances are from roads and building? </div></div>

http://www.arizonashooting.net/

If you don't mind driving about 2 hours or so the 3-points range west of Tucson is a great public range. Kind of a do-it-yourself range without rangemasters to say start and stop so everyone has to co-operate. Main range goes to 550 yds (500 meters silhouette), permanent gongs to shoot at on the silo berms, small bore range, pistol range, etc.
1000 yd. high power range only open to club events as it takes people to shoot at 1000 yds what with target pullers, radios and all. Nice, laid back, very under-utilized during the week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperWannabeee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose. I'd rather contact G&F than the police.

I've gone shooting out in AZ before, all over the place, but always by myself and I never knew whether or not the land was ok to shoot on.</div></div>

Well, here's a responsible approach. Do this if you want to help limit the lands available to public use.