• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Where do you guys get your Duracoat?

Swift

Chief Bagel Technician
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I love Duracoat and I love Lauer but I ordered a Shake n Spray kit directly from them and they don't provide a shipping cost until the order is processed. Turns out I got charged $12 for ground shipping. Considering it only weighs a couple lbs and the whole order was only $30, it's kind of unreasonable. Do any vendors offer better shipping rates? Thanks.

Re: Where do you guys get your Duracoat?

It costs $12 to ship since it's hazardous materials.

The ORM-D label on the package means it's hazardous.

I just went to Midway, added a shake and spray to my cart. Shipping was $12.03 for UPS ground. It looks like you saved .03 buying directly from Lauer.

Just wait until you have to get it shipped 2nd day or overnight; then UPS really gives it to you.

We order everything direct from Lauer.

Don't really do the Duracoat thing, but the shipping cost is why we buy KG Gunkote by the quart or gallon only. Once a year and make it count. Like old married couples sex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad from ND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It costs $12 to ship since it's hazardous materials.

The ORM-D label on the package means it's hazardous.

I just went to Midway, added a shake and spray to my cart. Shipping was $12.03 for UPS ground. It looks like you saved .03 buying directly from Lauer. </div></div>

That would explain a lot then. Didn't know Duracoat was hazmat. I'll make sure I order some powder with it next time haha. But yeah I ordered direct from Lauer since they offer the shake n spray in most colors now. Last time I ordered there were only about 13 but they're up to 50+.

It's good to know that their shipping rates aren't unreasonable. Gives me some confidence buying direct again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think yourself lucky buddy, my shipping bill to England is usually between $450 and $500. </div></div>

Is that just because of hazmat? I just shipped a package of car parts to a friend in Switzerland and it only cost me $45....

-matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think yourself lucky buddy, my shipping bill to England is usually between $450 and $500. </div></div>

Oh my. I knew you guys across the pond had it tough but bills like that would make me lay down my rifle, or not Duracoat it at least.

Yeah guys, thats just the hazmat charges for a couple of boxes of paint. I try and order in large quantites these days, because if you dont, the hazmat charges are more than the paint. The guys at Lauer are great however, they will tell us if our order just goes over two boxes, and then i can prune it back to fit the two boxes.