• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where get pushbutton sling front mount for TRG?

JimGnitecki

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
Austin, TX
My recently acquired TRG 42 has a small "rail" (NOT Picatinny)bracket at the left front of the forestock, into which an accessory sling attachment (which I have) can be inserted.

However, that sling attachment is NOT a quick release "pushbutton" type.

I have a nice sling, equipped with pushbutton mounts, that I use on my LMT semiauto 308, which I also want to use on my TRG.

Where can I get the correct Sako or aftermarket pushbutton sling mount that fits into that front accessory rail?

Jim G

Re: Where get pushbutton sling front mount for TRG?

Did you glance at the price? $50.00 !!! For a tiny sling button receptacle!!

Wow, reminds me how breathtaking the Sako TRG factory prices are.

Jim G

Lol, so I am going to assume you haven't priced at mags yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol, so I am going to assume you haven't priced at mags yet. </div></div>

Yes, I did price mags. That's what first alerted me to check on the prices of other "genuine factory" TRG accessories. $175 or more (depending on the dealer) seems, uh, excessive, given what you actually get.
smile.gif

Jim G

PM me for this part. I may have an extra laying around.

Thanks, Gunner75! I sent you a PM with all my contact info, including cell phone number, in case you are not sure what I need! I really appreciate the help!

Jim G