• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Where/How do you store your extra Magazines?

Future SNA

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
Texas
So I've come to the realization I have a metric ton of pistol and rifle magazines. I've seen the the Ed Brown pistol like cases that carry .45 magazines, but how do you guys store your Glock/Sig/etc pistol magazines? What do you use to kind of keep them all in one place and organized? I'm not really one for just throwing them all in a box at $30-40 a pop. I was just hoping someone had this idea that I didn't know about! BTW, "loaded" isn't a good answer, I've got plenty of those, I'm thinking about the others:)

Re: Where/How do you store your extra Magazines?

I keep mine in the safe. The mags for each gun are rubber banded together and labeled with a sticker. Pretty easy really.

Ones I use are tossed in my range bag and spares are in a cardboard box in my closet. They aren't made of butterfly wings so they won't break easily
wink.gif

I use rubbermaid containers from dollar general. I stack them neatly. 12 glock 17 mags per layer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep mine in .30 cal ammo cans.

-Z</div></div>

Yep, got a can full of Glock mags. You can fit quite a bit in there. They'll stack vertically pretty well too.

AR mags fit PERFECT, just can't use the lid.

FAL mags fit really well too if pad the end.

Then all that goes in the safe.

I just loadem ,and stackem up wherever they will fit.

pmags and glock mags are in the safe. 1911 mags in gi ammo cans..LOL

Loaded and stacked in our night stands for the handguns in the bedroom. Most of the others are stacked in drawers in the dresser and night stands in the guest bedroom directly across from our room. Easily accessible if the alarm goes off. I have no kids to worry about, although that may soon be changing. Im going to need a bigger safe. There is also an assortment of magazines in the rifle cases and my range bag.

All great ideas, Thanks! The wife has been on me about organizing my stuff, and as I got to looking, realized I have over 50 Beretta M9 magazines from years of acquiring that need to be put away. Have acquired about as many P229 mags so I Thank everyone for their ways, I'll have to adopt one and press.

The best place to store magazines is in magazine wells. Sounds like you need more wells
laugh.gif

Flambeau or similar plastic boxes. Often found in the fishing aisle of your favorite outdoors store. About $5 each. Removable dividers. Holds a boatload of mags. Takes up about as much space as a ream of paper. Come in different colors, so you can color code your mags. Easy to see what is in each box.

Two are with the pistols at all times, two in mag carriers on belts, extras in appropriate ammo cans. Rifle, one in mag well, two on belt, six in mag carrier, extras in ammo can. But I haven't accumulated so many, yet.

Eric

Organized in small cardboard boxes in the safe. Steel magazines subject to corrosion are coated with a very thin film of Tri-Flow, and individually wrapped in wax paper for long term storage.

In their mag pouches on my rig, the rest live comfortable in a fitted pelican case next to their host'.

Some in a bug out bag and the rest live in ammo cans.

Big tupperware tubs seem to work best for me. Plus itll be easier for me to find em when I have to turn em all in too.

In a modified shotgun shell bandoleers for when SHTF. Looks like some science fiction, blade runner movie but it works!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a modified shotgun shell bandoleers for when SHTF. Looks like some science fiction, blade runner movie but it works! </div></div>
is that for 1911 mags?

I put mine in ammo cans then stack them in some wall lockers that I have stored in the basement beside my bench and safes.