• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where I can find the best price for .308WIN

l115a3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
Please advice the source where they provide the lowest price for following items;

Federal Medal Gold 168 gr.
Federal Medal Gold 175 gr.

Re: Where I can find the best price for .308WIN

look in the optics for sale. someone is always selling fgmm

I currently prefer 175gr with 200 rds case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered 200 168s from this GB dealer. I like that it's $1 a round with shipping without having to buy 500 or 1000.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=182626142 </div></div>

I don't have account to purchase via gunbroker!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered 200 168s from this GB dealer. I like that it's $1 a round with shipping without having to buy 500 or 1000.

Could you order for me and I paid you via paypal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 700 XCR Compact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered 200 168s from this GB dealer. I like that it's $1 a round with shipping without having to buy 500 or 1000.

Could you order for me and I paid you via paypal?</div></div>

So many freaking problems with that idea... I don't even know where to begin.

It takes like 18 seconds to sign up for a gunbroker account. If you want the ammo, do it.

Otherwise, I think Palmetto State Armory has it for $200/case.

How about the Black Hills New 308 Rem 175gr BTHP MATCH when comparing with Federal Medal Gold 308 175gr BTHP MATCH (GM308M2)?

Main purpose was shooting @ 600-800 yards

I think Triad tactical has them in stock(BH 175), and he is easy to deal with.

Yep but just want some comparison between Federal & Blackhill

usaammo.com just started offering some match loads, 155 amax, 168 and 175 bthp. i shoot their fmj as practice ammo and it does decently

Contact CDNN. I paid $18.99 per box last week for FGMM 168 grain.

The best price for your 308WIN is on your reloading press:

.05 Lapua Brass
.30 your choice of top notch bullet
.09 primer and powder

Total = 44 cents per round or $8.80 per 20 round box. and this is for ammunition better than any factory ammo
smile.gif

+1 Hand loading. I went from $2.80 a round (Aussie prices, don't ask. 175SMK) down to about $1.20 using my press (168 AMAX, AR2208, Fed primers and Fed brass).

It costs more in time but at least you get left alone in the man cave.

Don't forget to look at the Civilian Marksmanship Program - CMP. They had a great price on .308 not too long ago. I'm not sure how often they get it, but it was a steal.

+1 on loading your own. You should seriously consider it. It takes a while to get going and really learn what you're doing, but in less than a year of hanging on out this forum and others I was able to stop buying factory ammo for anything (except .22lr) so now I don't even think about factory ammo I just think about what load combo I want. To each their own, you may have a great reason for not loading etc. If time is the factor, let us know. You can cut time to nothing if you're willing to cough up the $$.

http://www.thecmp.org/ammosales.htm

Hope this helped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best price for your 308WIN is on your reloading press:

.05 Lapua Brass
.09 primer and powder

Total = 44 cents per round or $8.80 per 20 round box. and this is for ammunition better than any factory ammo
smile.gif
</div></div>

WOW, where are you getting LAPUA brass for 5cents per? Id but 10K at that price! Cheapest Ive paid is 42cents per.. Sure its a misprint.

Where on their site do they have this? I can't find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.mattsshootingsupplies.com has 168 gold medal for $16.95 a box. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exmr2sw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best price for your 308WIN is on your reloading press:

.05 Lapua Brass
.09 primer and powder

smile.gif
</div></div>

WOW, where are you getting LAPUA brass for 5cents per? Id but 10K at that price! Cheapest Ive paid is 42cents per.. Sure its a misprint.

</div></div>

You use it twelve times over and 5c per piece is correct.