• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Where I hunt

Shortdraw

Alaskan Guide
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Kodiak, Alaska
Wanted to share a picture from a quick deer hunt I did yesterday evening. I climbed a range called the Three Sisters. I didn't see any legal deer but the view was breathtaking. Please share pictures where you hunt.
wbqkc9.jpg

Re: Where I hunt

amazing view... i would love to have my ebelestock full of my 338LM hoofin up them hills!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wanted to share a picture from a quick deer hunt I did yesterday evening. I climbed a range called the Three Sisters. I didn't see any legal deer but the view was breathtaking. Please share pictures where you hunt.
wbqkc9.jpg
</div></div>

That is beautiful.. I dont know if I would ever go back to the house..

Thanks for the share.. Great looking areas!!!!

Man, you fellers live and hunt in some beeyootiful country.
Great pics and thread.
Thanks!

That's what I was looking for! Great pics so far. The problem with August deer hunts here is the brush is over your head. My picture was taken at the shortest vegetation I could find and it is waist high. You gotta get above the treeline to get out of the thick stuff. Keep the pictures coming.

Went to Sullivan County Missouri last November on a hunt Theres some pretty county in this thread though
1zwcbuv.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cadillac Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to Sullivan County Missouri last November on a hunt Theres some pretty county in this thread though
1zwcbuv.jpg
</div></div>

Sullivan is so so. If you go down to the Southwest MO it is way better. Christian County is more like Colorado area and they also have black bears there. The Ozarks in general is an awesome place to just hang out. I'll post pics hopefully soon.

Absaroka Beartooth area in Montana...I have posted these in other threads, but never get tired of polluting the air waves with them...enjoy...I did!

facebookvideo.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0178.jpg

Amazing trip, we did a 1 week drop camp up there with Absaroka Beartooth outfitters, an amazing bargain at $500/ea. and of course I tipped the guide well for coming in and retrieving the elk for me (got him on opening day) 300 yards with the 30/06. Had the Barrett just in case we had to reach out there
smile.gif

Outside of Dillon Montana

barretfirstkill-1.jpg
barrettfirstkillII.jpg
shotbambiwiththe50.jpg

650 yards with the Barrett 50 BMG. A large round for a small mulie:)

cekdln.jpg

My cousin's bull outside of Dillon Montana.

IMG_1293-th.jpg

today beautiful weather here until the clouds rolled in. Very eerie feeling walking the goat trails completely socked in. In and out of the clouds as I ran the ridges.
IMG_1332-vi.jpg

I called it a day when the trail got sketchy and I could not see ahead...

IMG_1308-vi.jpg

My plan was an overnighter, but right about when I got to the do or die ridge crossing I needed to make the clouds drifted in on me, quickly. I went fron bright and sunny to 10' viz in minutes.

The drop on the left is about 400ft, this was about ten minutes after turning around. These are Kodiak island deer hunting pics. This time of year the bucks are up in the alpine bowls. No luck today, but back at them in the morning.

I passed three goats today, but no deer.

You are right Jason,

The higher the better, the brush down low is THICK!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some pics from Nevada hunt, Pioche area.

deerhuntingpictureI.jpg

DEERHUNTINGPICTURESIV.jpg

DEERHUNTINGPICTURESII.jpg
</div></div>

Nice hunts you went on there, and the service truck came in handy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1332-vi.jpg

I called it a day when the trail got sketchy and I could not see ahead... </div></div>
Great pics Mike. You put way more effort into killing critters than I have yet. Playtime has just begun for me, my charter season is winding down.

Nice hunts you went on there, and the service truck came in handy.

Thank you sir! I am chomping at the bit for fall to arrive! Hopefully this fall I will have some new places and some game to show for my efforts to post here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
007.jpg

</div></div>
I love this shot EHG. How many yards is that?

<span style="font-weight: bold">South Africa</span>
Africa2010242.jpg

Africa2010181.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Alaska</span>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Double click bear pic</span>

July2011047.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

eb767171.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">North Dakota</span>
034.jpg

This is the western side of South Texas in the brush country, about 75 miles from the border with Mexico.

Normally it is hot and dry, but this year is an exceptionally severe drought even by Texas standards. The drought is now the worst in a single year since records have been kept.
These pictures are from ten days ago.

Here is a stock tank.
7DPicsAug2011003.jpg

This is pretty typical of the habitat. Note that most of the grass and understory plants have been eaten.
7DPicsAug2011016.jpg

7DPicsAug2011006a.jpg

Texas earthworm.
smile.gif

BradyAltito356.jpg

It was a bit warm last weekend.

Phonepic02.jpg

Of course there are cows.
7DPicsAug2011009.jpg

Bobcat from the general area, but not this ranch.
MiscPics405.jpg

While it is hard country, to me it is beautiful in its own way.

CalifJune2011062.jpg

7DPicsAug2011021.jpg

I hope to have some nice deer pics this fall as there as some very nice ones in this area.

Heading to CO next week searching for elk. 70+ days of 100+ here in TX. It's sad when you're looking forward to 80 degree highs.

good pictures guys, our country is pretty burnt up with the drought.