• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes where is the burris love

hesco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
what ever happened to the xtr that came out several years ago, have the bugs been worked out.

Re: where is the burris love

Bugs? What bugs? I had one and loved it. Fantastic scope at a great price.

I have the 1x4 XTR and it rocks! Great glass for the money, and the BDC reticule is spot-on when mounted on my 18" SPR rifle shooting 62gr M855. I think it's one of the better offerings if you are looking for a scope that will take you from CQB out to 600+ yards.

I do wish Burris would get their shit together and put out a FFP Mil/Mil scope with a decent reticule. That whole balistic-mildot thing they did on the XTR was a friggin' joke. They make good glass, the scopes seem to be pretty robust, but they just seem to be a bit behind the market in terms of current trends. It’s surprising how so many of the scope makers don’t seem to listen to the people that really shoot. Sounds a lot like Leupold these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what ever happened to the xtr that came out several years ago, have the bugs been worked out. </div></div>

I would like to know what "bugs" as well. I got a 3-12 xtr and I have never had a problem.

Read reviews on these when they first came out, dont remember how long ago thats been 7yrs maybe, By some well knowns on SP, the main issue was paralax that wasnt resolved even after sending the scope back for repair, they were also having problems with the turrents, tried to find the post, guess their gone since its been so long, anyway since no one seems to be having any problems with them, looks like the bugs have been worked out, seriously considering the 3x12 xtr unless someone talks me out of it.

The only one I've handled was a month ago and I was not impressed. Sloppy turrets weighed a ton and sticky power adjustment. Glass was not impressive. Product didn't match the price. Could have been a bad copy.

I have 3 burris scopes, and I love all of them. I don't have a xtr though. 4-16x44 signature select on Bushmaster Varminter
6-24x50 black diamond on my Dpms Lr-308
Burris Eliminator on my Dpms Lr-300wsm

I have 2 fullfield II's 4.5x14's an old 6x18 fullfield and new 4x16 signature along with an older model and a 3x12 xtr. Love all of them they have always done well for me.Only problems i have ever encountered on any of them have been caused by me.(i tend to crack the seals when its -30 or so)

Burris customer service has been top notch always been fast with repairs and stand behind there product even if its user abuse. Even wrecked one on the 4 wheeler burris realigned the crosshairs and fixed the turrets as warranty work.

Burris will be the only scopes on my predator and deer rifles. Can run em through the mill and they just keep on workin for me

Has anyone done reviews on the new xtr models lately, used the search function, cant find anything here or anywhere else.
So far their seems to be a little love.....

On customer service i just sent on in to have the turrets changed they said it would be 5 weeks I got it back in less than 2.

I have 3 burris scopes. They're used on hunting rifles. I like my XTR 3-12 works fine never an issue.

I use NF on my precision rifles because I like mil/mil for my knob turning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 3 burris scopes. They're used on hunting rifles. I like my XTR 3-12 works fine never an issue.

I use NF on my precision rifles because I like mil/mil for my knob turning.</div></div>

Exactly the same with me. Burris on all the hunting rigs, NF on Precision stuff.

I have a fulfield tactical 6-20 on my 22-250 and love it. its great for yotes and PD's as well...

I really want the newer model, the Six X. Anybody have any experience with this scope?

Another +1 for Burris on hunting rigs. I have Signature Selects on my deer/elk gun and on one of my varmint rigs. I like them better than the equivalent Leupold models.

Burris refuses to listen to the MIL/MIL cry. This is their failure - US made scope for under a K with MIL/MIL would win a lot of battles.

F it - I'm calling them again and bitching.

I have a Burris 1-2.75X Scout scope on a 556 pistol (for the long eye relief) and a Burris spotting scope as well. They're not S&B, but for those who don't have $2-3K to drop on a piece of glass, Burris optics have remarkable clarity for the price.

I had the 3-15 XTR, turrets came loose on my twice during matches. There wasn't going to be a third, I sold it and saved my coins to move up...never looked back.

I just got a new XTR 4-16 the other day. It has their balistic-mil-dot. Now the turrets are labled 1/4 MOA. Put it on a .223 but havent even taken it out to see how she does. Still a Mil/MOA but maybe they will figure it out some day.

I have had the early style Burris 3x-12x-50XTR for a couple yrs now. The one that came olive drab. Havent had any issues, good optics at a decent price. Clear Glass, repeatable turrents, good paralax adj and I'm ok with the Mil/Moa, but its how I learned. I think for the money spent they are one hell of a scope. Would love to see more love for Burris, but thats cause this scope realy won me over. Of course, if I had the money a S&B or a USO would be on my favorite rifle.Maybe.

I run the 6x24 XTR with 1 moa elevation on my 338LM. I love the 1 moa elevation for running long range come-ups. Takes a lotta counting out of the equation. I can live with the ballistic mil-dot ret. Has performed flawlessly on my 700 MLR and looking for an XTR for my Lawton.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phlii</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another +1 for Burris on hunting rigs. I have Signature Selects on my deer/elk gun and on one of my varmint rigs. I like them better than the equivalent Leupold models. </div></div>

Right on. The signature line is a sleeper. Right now at Natchezs they have some refurbed at a great price

I have the XTR 3X12X50..on my custom Rem 700...LUV the scope , great optics , but the only complaint is when you adjust the power the entire eye piece rotates and I have the buttler creek flip caps and they turn along with the eye assembly...Note to self..not a fan of the flip caps...

The Burris love is in the back alley doing hand jobs for $5 a go.

thanks for the heads up!

Right on. The signature line is a sleeper. Right now at Natchezs they have some refurbed at a great price [/quote]

It has been a few years, but I had black diamond that I took in since I lived in Greeley at the time, they told me they would get it right back to me. 4 weeks later I got and the reticle moved so I took it back in, the guy seemed really embarrassed and said they would get it fixed right away...4 weeks later I finally got it back...so I sold it, not sure I would buy another one.

I have two FUFU's, one is a BSA I use for a mock vagina and the other is a Burris, that ones for the backdoor fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two FUFU's, one is a BSA I use for a mock vagina and the other is a Burris, that ones for the backdoor fun</div></div>

1" tubes, huh?

Burris = solid US company, great warranty, very good glass, OK mechanicals. Why bash a good US company that has good products and tries its best to help its customers?

I am sure there will be plenty more bashing to do once all the US companies are out of the optics business and we have to call a support agent in China:) Until then, I intend to be objective about products from US companies, and support them when they are at parity (or close to it) against non-domestic providers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rooterbegger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't care who you are that's funny right there

</div></div>
X2. That made me lol. On another note i didnt know burris was owned by beretta. I have 4 burris scopes, 21 FF2 3x9's on small hunting guns, a FFtac30 on an AR and 3-12-50 XTR on a M1A, and so far no probs. Turrets on Xtr do feel loose to me as stated above but have never moved on me, and it passes Lindy's ladder test, glass on XTR does seem to be above the priceline to me.

The tac stuff just seemed heavy for me. Couple of my hunting buddies have black diamond models and seem to like them alot.

I have 4, an XTR and 3 FF2s. Love their scopes. Lupy never impressed me for the money, will take a Burris anyday.

When I decide to drop some serious coin on some glass, it will be NF. For now, nothing but Burris.
grin.gif