• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where is the "wife's rifle" thread?

flyboy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2008
State College, PA
Some day soon I'll be building my wife a rifle, but it needs girly colors on it. How many of you have one to show.

Talk her out of the girly colors. I did lol. I am going to have a 6.5 CM built for her, this way I can shoot it also. Because there is no way am I going to take a pink or purple rifle to the range and shoot it. Lol. If you were going to have a sexy rifle with a badger M2013 in a sentinel stock rifle built wouldn't you want to shoot it also?

.300WM
Barrel: Broughton 5C 27"
Chamber: PTG Match
Holland recoil lug pinned
Blue Printed 700 LA
2lb Trigger by Nathan
Fluted PTG Bolt/M16 Type Extractor
Gunsmiting by Straight Shot Gunsmithing
JAE LA Stock
Badger 20MOA Base
ARC Rings
Razor HD glass
Smile on wifes face when I gave it to her...priceless.

I've been thinking about the same thing, I may be putting in an order for a pretty McSwirly before long too.

Just bought the wife a Weatherby Vanguard Sub MOA in .308. It has a 3 contour barrel so its heavy but not crazy heavy making it easier to handle for her. Ross Shuler Brake should get threaded over the next week and she is off. She gets a 10X scope to start and gets to help me load massive amounts of ,308 for the two of us.

.300WM
Blue Printed 700 LA
2lb Trigger by Nathan
JAE LA Stock
Badger 20MOA Base
ARC Rings
Razor HD glass

That is awesome. Your wife is a bad-ass. So is her gun.

I'm about to try to get mine on a .223 to start with.

That is awesome. Your wife is a bad-ass. So is her gun.

I'm about to try to get mine on a .223 to start with.

Started her with the AR, and moved her to the mk12. Once she started hitting 10 out of 10 at 600, is about the time the winmag was done. It does weigh 20lbs so recoil is tame. Hey, she wanted a .50, but i couldnt swing it. Figured she'd have to suffice with a solid 1500 yard rifle instead.

Just a 10-22 but at least she'll shoot with me

image.jpg

I had my wife's deer rifle painted recently - CZ550 American in 30-06. Graphite black Cerakote on the metal with the stock sniper gray with bright purple webbing. She likes it. It isn't so girly that I am embarrassed to shoot it myself. ;)

Here she is without the scope mounted.

cz550_purple.JPG

Last edited:
My wife's match rifle:

FN SPR action
McM A4 stock
25.5" Krieger barrel, chambered in .260

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

Very nice whitebread. That's kinda along the lines of what I'm wanting. Still looks cool but she can identify it as hers. Nine, that's the caliber I'm leaning toward. Very similar ballistics to my 708 with less kick and just being a different round to play with.

I should have my fiances rifle finished any day now. I am pretty excited about this build, it is her wedding present. I figured a rifle that she could hunt with and shoot out to 1000 yds with would fit the bill. The stock is going to be black, purple, grey, and white woodland camo painted by Todd 30calsniper.

.243 built with KMW spec reamer
Rem 700, Pinned hollands lug
Bart Rem Varmint 8 twist 5r 22" Spiral fluted and JEC Brake
Manners MCS-T 90% Carbon
PTG knob
PTG m5 DBM
Sniper grey cerakote on the barreled action
Vortex HS-T 4-16

I had a custom rear bag made with her new initials, also the barreled action will have her name in it. I have some lapua brass and 105 berger vld huntings ready to load up for it. Just waiting on the stock to come home from paint. I will post pictures and range report on it. We have a few berms in the pasture and can get out to 425yds.

.300WM
Blue Printed 700 LA
2lb Trigger by Nathan
JAE LA Stock
Badger 20MOA Base
ARC Rings
Razor HD glass

Dude,

Wife is running a 300WM with NO BRAKE!!! Yeah, I second HAROLDWILSON's "Bad-Ass" statement.

- Took me a good six months to get my wife from my 22LR to my (now her) custom .223.
- Took just over six months for Jamie to build it.
- Took just five shots for her to confiscate it. :mad:

She just doesn't know I'm working on funds for another Wolfprecision Tack Driver!!! ;)

flyboy - Not yet on the stock pictures. This is what I have pictures of right now. Barreled action is finished, just waiting on stock paint.

Wiebad and tactical embroidery did my rear bags. I had to get one for myself also.

JEC brake turned down

Flutes

My wife's match rifle:

FN SPR action
McM A4 stock
25.5" Krieger barrel, chambered in .260

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

Redhead! Awesome rifle and wife. I'd give you a thanks but i can't for some reason, so i hope a semi inappropriate post will so instead.

Dude,

Wife is running a 300WM with NO BRAKE!!! Yeah, I second HAROLDWILSON's "Bad-Ass" statement.

- Took me a good six months to get my wife from my 22LR to my (now her) custom .223.
- Took just over six months for Jamie to build it.
- Took just five shots for her to confiscate it. :mad:

She just doesn't know I'm working on funds for another Wolfprecision Tack Driver!!! ;)

I'm pretty sure the motto of "Don't Mess With Texas" was written by her. The rifle is well balanced. It does weigh over 20lbs empty. It kind of just gently pushes your shoulder, and it has a really nice soft rear pad. We do have a brake and SAS can for it. She loves it. She says she doesn't want a girly looking gun, doesnt blend in with the environment. And yes she is bad ass. She is doing Brazilian Jui-jitsu now as well, and winning sparring matches against the guys regularly. And once upon a time she survived working with our state department in Syria, where at one point she had to literally E&E to a refugee camp where she awaited SF to pick her up two weeks later. Her balls are bigger than most dudes I've known in the .mil. Lol

Last edited:
Tell her that the rifle you want to get her is going to be specifically built for her only comes in OD & GAP Camo. Then buy a Crusader.

I'm pretty sure the motto of "Don't Mess With Texas" was written by her. The rifle is well balanced. It does weigh over 20lbs empty. It kind of just gently pushes your shoulder, and it has a really nice soft rear pad. We do have a brake and SAS can for it. She loves it. She says she doesn't want a girly looking gun, doesnt blend in with the environment. And yes she is bad ass. She is doing Brazilian Jui-jitsu now as well, and winning sparring matches against the guys regularly. And once upon a time she survived working with our state department in Syria, where at one point she had to literally E&E to a refugee camp where she awaited SF to pick her up two weeks later. Her balls are bigger than most dudes I've known in the .mil. Lol

Dude?!?! Where did you meet her?!?!

Definitely has bigger balls than me. Good find haha.

Daughters Count? She is running her 6 Creed originally Built by Accurate Ordnance and recently re-barreled By Moon!

She likes Tan

Last edited:
Hey, that's my purple SPR! I wasn't sure I'd like the purple, so we just spray painted the barreled action. I love it so much I'm considering stripping it, ceracoating it blue, then spray painting it purple again, so when the back of the action chips where brass hits it, it's blue instead of silver! Seems silly to try to blend in with twigs and grass when I'm only shooting competitions. I tend towards anti-tactical (obviously).

A few more photos, of course!
DSC_0059_zpse03a160e.jpg

%5BUNSET%5D

%5BUNSET%5D

IMG_20140726_163238.jpg

I took 11th out of 23ish shooters at a match last weekend, and we have another in a few days!

Last edited:
I've managed to hold off on the girly colors, because we may be getting new rifles in the future, but eventually it's going to happen... My wife's rifle is the one in front, AI AE MKII with 24" .308 barrel with Benchmark Tactical Brake, Viperskins and a March 3-24x42mm. She's shooting 155 SMKs at 2860 and hammering steel with it! Mine is an AE MKIII with a 21" Benchmark .243 barrel and Brake, Viperskins and the new March 3-24x52mm.

IMG_20140607_115319_592_zps44398c9d.jpg

IMG_2161_zpsf48fc630.jpg

Oh man, trying to get my wife to go shoot after our daughter was born (2.5 yrs ago) has been impossible. She feels like she is neglecting something she should be doing as a mother.
Would love to get her a nice .223 to start out with, then move along to whatever she wanted. Maybe when the kiddo starts school?
Great thread, lets see some more ladies rifles.

I'm currently waiting on my wife's gun to get back to me after a rebarrel. 6mm Creedmoor on a stiller tac30 action, carbon XLR chassis and a steiner 5-25x56 with msr reticle. The adjustability and weight of the XLR is perfect for her. Here it is befor It was sent back for another barrel. The barreled action will be a different color since this was originally in a manners t5a.

yhegezys.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here's an over the shoulder pic of Anita bangin some steel in the yard. Only had a 60 yard range that day ) :

Hell Yeah Ladies!!!!!

Heres some of mine:

20140730_145618.jpg

243 AI

1893757_inch_Kudu.jpg

338 RUM

DSC017892.JPG

6x47L

6br_and_260_rogue.jpg

6br

280_AIa.jpg

280 AI

308_tactical.jpg

308 Tactical

DSC01891.JPG

6.5x284 Norma

Ruger_243_AIa.JPG

243 AI

DSC02062.JPG

Cooper 243

18937Molokai_Buck.JPG

300WSM

Go ladies!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Aloha!!!

Where is the "wife's rifle" thread?

Not my wife...yet but here is a 10/22 we are putting together for her to start shooting rifles.

It's crazy, every upgrade she wanted was one that I wanted. A few more weeks for the barrel and she will be good to go!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408009020.507750.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408009140.655730.jpg

Here is my wife's Short Action Customs 6.5mm Creedmoor. I kept telling here I was getting her a rifle built and she kept saying you are having it built for you in which I replied, I am left handed, why would I have a right handed one built for me? She finally believed me. The first time she shot it with the Thunderbeast on it she said how low recoil it was and she like it. She even like the colors too.

Here is the finished product. Went with a different color on the barreled action. Now it looks great! I'm waiting to see how much she actually shoots this one befor I have her a Titanium action and carbon fiber barrel setup made up. Probably also go with a manners elite 100% carbon fiber stock

9uhetu8u.jpg

suby4egy.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk