• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where is the "wife's rifle" thread?

If the wife is shooting with you then that's all that matters in my book. We are lucky to have women who enjoy the same things we do so even if my wife only wanted to shoot a pistol I'd be perfectly happy. Mine carries a little sig 1911.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

vz9892.jpg

Here's my better half rocking steel at Rayner's Range. That's a Bell and Carlson stock I spray painted with krylon, then took fine sand paper and got the raised black spots to show back up, then clear coated with Duracoat. I did that for her birthday one year. Next I'm gonna get her a stock with an airbrushed scene out of The Wizard of Oz. She loves Wizard of Oz and I think that would be a cool mental game at competitions. Nothing more intimidating that the thought of getting beat by a girl with a Wizard of Oz stick!

Getting my wife's rig dusted up with tan and a low % of turqoise camo splotches. She said she wants some color but doesn't want to look like a dumb b#*%$! lol

My wife has a pink and gray laminate stock on one of her .22 rifles, but she is a big fan of the classic: walnut and blued steel. Her current deer rifle is a Kimber 84 Classic Select in 7mm-08. With an 11-ounce Leupold VX-2, it is a very nice-handling, attractive rifle.

My wife is a bit more conventional. No rainbow colors. Years ago I bought 6 Model 70 Actions (for a total price of $235). I built my wife a 243 on the last one. It has a Douglas Premium Barrel and bought an unused Model 70 stock at a gun show. Like me, she likes Wood stocks and Blued barrels. Little sucker is a tac driver. Plus no recoil (she broke her back in the Sand Box and has tree rods between her shoulder blades). She had no problem shooting this little rifle.

Karenqus%20goat1.JPG

She likes magnum sized. j/k Kidding aside, she shoots all the rifles in the safe. She has her own .22 and a 20 ga Benelli, but other than that she will shoot anything in the safe and has never asked for a rifle specifically for her. After reading this thread, you guys have come up with some great rifles for your significant others to shoot. I should probably do the same. The AI's in the picture were rifles that I just received for inventory on Monday. These rifles are amazing and would make the ultimate his and hers (if you wife doesn't mind a 12 lb rifle). I need to move these before one follows me home.

Let me guess, She shoots the magnum.

due to car accident she can't shoot prone so its off the bench

Attachments

• PinkGun.jpg
    PinkGun.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 16