• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where should I move?

Stay away from AZ. We have some good desert spots for now, but the imports are ruining it all. They drag all their shit out into the desert and leave it. Not to mention the cities are getting expanded into the deserts, the forests are getting overcrowded and/or shut down. A bunch of Californians bought up a neighborhood in Prescott next to a long established shooting range and got it shut down because it was too loud.. Sooner or later there won’t be anything left. I’ve lived here all my life, and I’m looking for somewhere else myself.
Yep, same way i feel. Hunting is shit here too.

The 1,000 yard range at the TriCities Shooting Association’s Rattlesnake Mountain complex is reputed to be where the US and Canadian Olympic teams come to learn how to dope the wind. Eastern WA, near Richland.

Word is, if you can shoot that range you can shoot any range.

All I see is wind call fucking calculus trying to figure out the updraft from those fucking slopes if the wind was blowing from the right.

A lot of us are trying to keep Texas red but the real problem is mainly Austin and surrounds that have attracted a huge influx of West coast tech relocations and their attendant libtard work force. Property taxes are ridiculous and there is basically no public land. I live next door to Ft. Hood about a mile from Lake Belton where I keep our pontoon boat moored and almost everyone in our hood is flying the colors and most are current or former mil. so pretty conservative. I am looking at buying 5 or 10 acres of raw land for a camping/shooting AO and even that is getting hard to find in central TX.

I've known a few folks who have moved from the east coast to other areas and not many of them liked their new digs. I know the lure of living out west is appealing to many, but once they get there, they go a little stir crazy. I'm sure there are folks who have made the move and very happy, but in my experience with friends and family, it doesn't work for everyone.

I've known a few folks who have moved from the east coast to other areas and not many of them liked their new digs. I know the lure of living out west is appealing to many, but once they get there, they go a little stir crazy. I'm sure there are folks who have made the move and very happy, but in my experience with friends and family, it doesn't work for everyone.

The problem might be from folks who are used to living in big cities or tightly packed areas that actually like that.

If you are the kind that likes there to be enough space that you can relieve yourself off the front porch without bothering the neighbours and prefer to stay on your own turf, doing your own stuff, with your own hands. Then you'd be fine in the open spaces.

Idaho is full. Nowhere to shoot around here.
Try Alaska.
Alaska has to many snowbirds and tourists. No work.. has anyone mentioned it gets cold here?
Try Idaho. I heard it’s not bad if you like potatoes.

Alaska is closed. Really. You can’t drive through Canada right now and I know your not gonna fly all your guns and gear on commercial planes.
when the road was open they had armed guards keeping you from going into any city.

I would ask do you like warm temperature ? if yes Mexico you can pick up a large expanse of land for dirt cheap just don't buy it as a tourist you would be charged a far different rate . if it has to be in the US then Alaska looks really nice cold as hell in the winter and importing materials gets expensive but lots of land and really cheap off the grid living and after a few years you could get a small part of the stipend they get for living in Alaska . The out backs in Australia sound really nice away from most people I am sure you could make a living off berries and wild animals mmm kangaroo it would be just like the 80's all over again with McDonald's . I still think Mexico could be the best place less restricting laws on what guns you can and can't buy on the black market and all probably way cheaper ammo cost or supplies to make your own . well good luck send post cards with pics of you new palatial Mexican Hacienda.
View attachment 7385789
after your Coup d'état you could live in this house owed by the cartel rent free . another great reason to have a tons of kids your own little army . lol

Mexico? Are you fucking crazy?

First, the penalties for having ammunition, even one bullet. in Mexico are ridiculous. Remember the Marine who crossed the border with firearms accidentally? He spent a year in the slammer and the the US government had to intervene. Theres little to nothing to hunt, theyve killed it all.

Yes you can buy them black market but get caught and youre big time fucked. Ive never had the pleasure but from what I hear Mexico's prisons make ours look like the Ritz Carlton.

If you own anything of any worth it wont be long before the cartels will be knocking on your door to either take it or demand payments. Dontt pay? die. Remember the Mormon women and children who got slaughtered because their family wouldnt pay. These guys are ruthless and below vermin.

I have long time dear friends down there. One of them pissed off the wrong guy and got his head cut off. Believe me, I expected to be retired in Oaxaca or that region by now. Up until 10 years ago traveled all over the country, by myself, driving, and never had any problems except in D.F. and that was with the cops. Now I wouldnt cross the border to buy a bottle of tequila cheap.

As an experienced traveler there, who speaks Spanish and knows the customs, my strong advice is "STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MEXICO'.

Driving Mexico's 'highway of death' - The Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com › world › 2011/04/21

Apr 21, 2011 - Highway 101 passes through communal farm lands and ranches named after heroes of the Mexican revolution. The low hills are covered with ...

Reactions: acudaowner
Alaska is closed. Really. You can’t drive through Canada right now and I know your not gonna fly all your guns and gear on commercial planes.
when the road was open they had armed guards keeping you from going into any city.

Actually you could load them all int a big van or trailer and take the intercoastal ferry from Washington state to Anchorage. Its not too expensive and I hear its a beautiful trip.

Pretty good youtube video about 10 reasons to move to Wyoming at . Same dude did a video about 10 reasons not to move to Wyoming. As another poster noted, there are some good reasons why Wyoming is the least populated state. For a bunch of wildly independent conservatives, Wyoming sure receives a shitload of handouts from Uncle Sam. One of our former governor's remarked that the worst tax and spend Democrats are our Republican legislators that figured out the oil and gas industries foot 95% of the bill.

Pretty good youtube video about 10 reasons to move to Wyoming at . Same dude did a video about 10 reasons not to move to Wyoming. As another poster noted, there are some good reasons why Wyoming is the least populated state. For a bunch of wildly independent conservatives, Wyoming sure receives a shitload of handouts from Uncle Sam. One of our former governor's remarked that the worst tax and spend Democrats are our Republican legislators that figured out the oil and gas industries foot 95% of the bill.

Go

fuk

5981617c3a9d2.image.jpg

Simple: Buy 200 acres of land and suck up the extra job that it's going to take to afford it for five years.

As long as your state doesn't totally suck, you should be able to sell half of your land by 2026 or so and just about pay for the first half. Land prices are jumping exponentially.

This is exactly what we did in 2005-2010.

If you have to do it in another state, that might not be a bad thing.
Simple? For goodness sakes what does an acre cost where you live? 200 acres around here would run you about $4-6m depending on which side of the interstate you want.

@Bender how long have you been in WY? That is the next 0% state income tax state for me if FL ever drops it. Dad and I have talked extensively about it and we've fished the Snake, Green, Platte and Bighorn.....fell in love with all of it. Never spent time talking with folks about 12 months living, but dang I can't imagine a better summer than WY from what I've experienced.

Last edited:
Wish I new a state like that sorry can't help you. Try Wyoming Bender needs someone to keep him warm this winter when it's -20° wind chill.
20200501_193807.jpg

Simple? For goodness sakes what does an acre cost where you live? 200 acres around here would run you about $4-6m depending on which side of the interstate you want.

@Bender how long have you been in WY? That is the next 0% state income tax state for me if FL ever drops it. Dad and I have talked extensively about it and we've fished the Snake, Green, Platte and Bighorn.....fell in love with all of it. Never spent time talking with folks about 12 months living, but dang I can't imagine a better summer than WY from what I've experienced.

$2,500 an acre here... and that is for cultivated land. Can do $1,500 an acre if your just trying to build a house deep in the woods. As you get closer to civilization prices increase.

That being said, it's well over $5K/acre on the small parcels that overlook the lakes around here...but that land is being bought up by out of staters who just want a couple acres to put a cabin on and brag to their yuppy friends about.

If you want cheap, you have to be willing to work the land. Income is comparatively low, and the conditions usually a bit more harsh. But at the way land prices are increasing, cheap land wont be cheap in two decades. Its doubled here in the past decade.

If you're addicted to Starbucks, or have financially put yourself in a position where you having to daily drive to your six figure income is absolutely necessary, then land is probably not the investment for you.

$2,500 an acre here... and that is for cultivated land. Can do $1,500 an acre if your just trying to build a house deep in the woods. As you get closer to civilization prices increase.

That being said, it's well over $5K/acre on the small parcels that overlook the lakes around here...but that land is being bought up by out of staters who just want a couple acres to put a cabin on and brag to their yuppy friends about.

If you want cheap, you have to be willing to work the land. Income is comparatively low, and the conditions usually a bit more harsh. But at the way land prices are increasing, cheap land wont be cheap in two decades. Its doubled here in the past decade.

If you're addicted to Starbucks, or have financially put yourself in a position where you having to daily drive to your six figure income is absolutely necessary, then land is probably not the investment for you.

Actually land has been some of my best ROI of any long term investment and I continue to keep a steady allocation of it in my overall portfolio. It provides capital growth and income, but have not used it for living off the land as my business doesn't lend itself to living out of metropolitan areas. As far as cultivating land for a living yes you are correct that is not my life's goal at present. I've set my rudder for the next 10-15 years to be in a position to assist with care for my parents close by with access to the best health care I can put them near.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors. Loud and clear I can smell your judgmental pious assessment of people who don't live off the land(starbucks, yuppie cabins and living to max income debt service), but I can assure you none of your prior observations fit my scenario. My inquiry as to land values was simply out of curiosity as to where that much land can be had and paid for with your stated lifestyle changes as I wasn't aware it was still possible. I have grown calloused to the insane land values in FL and forget value is still available elsewhere. I think it's great you were in a position to do so and love to see people doing what they feel they were called to do.....go get em.

Last edited:
Don't' move to Bend, Oregon. Don't believe the reports of:
  • Beautiful mountain camping and hiking
  • Terrific hunting
  • Great motorcycle roads and scenic byways
  • Best ski areas in the west less than 40 minutes away
  • One of the best shooting ranges in the western US (COSSA)
  • No sales tax
  • No restrictions on firearms (yet)
  • Amazing weather
  • Affordable housing
  • No freeways or traffic
Also ... please don't tell anyone from California about any of this ... until we "Build A Wall" on the California border to keep out the "California Caravans".

Don't' move to Bend, Oregon. Don't believe the reports of:
  • Beautiful mountain camping and hiking
  • Terrific hunting
  • Great motorcycle roads and scenic byways
  • Best ski areas in the west less than 40 minutes away
  • One of the best shooting ranges in the western US (COSSA)
  • No sales tax
  • No restrictions on firearms (yet)
  • Amazing weather
  • Affordable housing
  • No freeways or traffic
Also ... please don't tell anyone from California about any of this ... until we "Build A Wall" on the California border to keep out the "California Caravans".
I have a hs buddy who works in logging/foresty not far from you wish I could remember the name of the small community. He's been there for a good 25 years now and just loves it when I get pics of the family out doing stuff it's amazing. What's your worst winter scenario temp wise/snow? When does fall end....spring weather break out?

Bend is a beautiful town. It sits in the dry side and 20 minutes west is the wet side.
Beautiful mountains and lots of open land to the east.

Plenty of mountain biking, road riding to be had.

Drifting down the Deschutes doing a cast and blast doesn't get much better.

Sorry to bust your bubble about Bend but we just had our oldest son DIL and two grand kids move down here to Texas with us last year for a couple of reasons. Bend is a beautiful area but it has been invaded by a lot of California and Portland libs. The cost of living is also quite high and wages are low depending on what you do. My son is a decreed IT engineer and was working for a consultant company that handled IT for a lot of smaller companies that couldn't afford their own in-house IT. DIL was a hair stylist at a pretty high end house right in downtown. They were having a really hard time making ends meet. Plus, it's still Oregon which is a democrat run shit hole along with Washington. What Eastern/central OR and WA needs to do is form their own new state and divorce themselves from all the lib assholes in Seattle, Portland Olympia and Salem.