• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Where to buy a bolt handle knob

Coyotejunki

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I'm wanting something thinner than the Badger for my Rem 700, but still gives the same length, for a F/TR class rifle I am putting together.

Re: Where to buy a bolt handle knob

Look through the threads on here. There are too many knobs to list. Almost every gunsmith has their own knobs they push....

Phoenix Custom rifles Keith Johns, great to deal with and will work with you on what you want, Superb quality,

I had a tactical bolt knob installed by Kampfeld Customs ... really great work. He offers several different versions, including ones that have the length but not the girth of the tactical knob (see the hunter or campfire styles). Work was first rate (he even cerakoted it to the color of my choice) and turn around time was about a week.

Here is the link to the bolt knobs.

http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/index_028.htm

I had a custom one done up by Arizona Precision, sent them my factory bolt, left handed btw, had it back a week later.

The new knob is perfect, I had them cerakote the whole bolt as well, and the work is perfect.

They have amazing customer service, have good turn around time, and I will be sending any more factory bolts their way.

I've heard nothing but good things about KMWLR (Terry Cross). Either KMWLR or Kampfeld were my two choices ... Kampfeld happened to answer his email first.

Never used anyone but Kampfield....Great guy and great work and FAST turn time....Give Karl a call.

I'll be sending out an action to PCR to be trued and have a bolt handle installed. I have read nothing but good things about them.