• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy a straight gas tube?

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
I need a straight rifle length gas tube to go with a new block I'm putting on my 308. I'm having a really hard time finding one and my google-fu is usually pretty strong! Any one know of a place that carries them? I've only been able to find one directly from PRI, but the shipping costs as much as the tube. I'm cheap, I know...

I don't know of any off hand which is why I pointed you to the PRI the other day. S&H from OH to the VA coast shouldn't be anywhere near the $12+ cost of the tube, but they are running a holiday 10% off sale right now that may help a little.

Aside from PRI direct, you could always spend a bunch of time scouring through authorized PRI dealers like MidwayUSA, Brownells, etc. websites trying to find one, but by the time you have spent all the time...you aren't likely saving much money! ;) Out of curiosity...did you check with SLR when you ordered the block to see if they: a) had any available; or b) had any recommendations on where to source one?

I don't know of any off hand which is why I pointed you to the PRI the other day. S&H from OH to the VA coast shouldn't be anywhere near the $12+ cost of the tube, but they are running a holiday 10% off sale right now that may help a little.

Aside from PRI direct, you could always spend a bunch of time scouring through authorized PRI dealers like MidwayUSA, Brownells, etc. websites trying to find one, but by the time you have spent all the time...you aren't likely saving much money! ;) Out of curiosity...did you check with SLR when you ordered the block to see if they: a) had any available; or b) had any recommendations on where to source one?

Don't know what you are referencing, this is the first time I've asked this question. I agree, the shipping shouldn't be anywhere near $12. They are charging $10.45, that's where my cheapness comes in.

I've checked all the usual suspects, that's why I asked here. No big deal, just thought I may be overlooking the obvious. I haven't asked SLR yet, I'll check with them tomorrow.

Don't know what you are referencing, this is the first time I've asked this question. I agree, the shipping shouldn't be anywhere near $12. They are charging $10.45, that's where my cheapness comes in.

I've checked all the usual suspects, that's why I asked here. No big deal, just thought I may be overlooking the obvious. I haven't asked SLR yet, I'll check with them tomorrow.

Ooops! Too many people looking for these tubes lately in conjunction with the SLR adjustable gas blocks! ;)

Actually, it was a thread that sawgunner2001 started the other day that I was thinking about...just got my wires crossed as to who had asked the question looking for the straight tubes. Sorry for any confusion.

I don't know of any other reputable source for straight gas tubes aside from PRI for AR-15 rifle-length gas systems (which is what you'll want/need for the LR-308 pattern rifle-length system as they use the same length tube as the AR-15). While I wholeheartedly agree that ~$11 S&H is absurd...they've kinda got you over a barrel. Frankly...with the 10% discount, you still get the tube shipped to your door for ~$22. Not cheap...but at least you know you have gotten a quality part that will get the job done right.

Hopefully SLR can point you toward an alternative source for a straight tube that will be a bit more cost effective, or perhaps they'll even have some for sale given that their larger gas blocks require use of the straight tubes (both their 0.875" and 0.936" blocks that is).

Good luck!

Wilson Combat does I think. At least I know they sell a straight gas block/tube combo.

Scott

I ended up ordering one from JP. I was ordering other parts too plus they give a nice military discount and are very supportive of the shooting sports. Nothing against PRI, just trying to support the companies that I see at matches.

I ended up ordering one from JP. I was ordering other parts too plus they give a nice military discount and are very supportive of the shooting sports. Nothing against PRI, just trying to support the companies that I see at matches.

Good to know that JP had straight tubes. Wasn't aware they stocked them. Glad you got it sourced...and thanks for posting another source for these as I know lots of folks are looking.