• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Where To buy factory match grade ammo?

rookie67

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2011
Anoka, Minnesota
New to long range shooting. Have a Remington 5R in 300 WM. All the local stores only sell standard hunting ammo. Can somebody recommend a online store that carries good quality match grade ammo? Any recommendations on the brand or style I should be looking for? Shooting paper only out to 400 yards.

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Where To buy factory match grade ammo?

Also, Midway USA, Cheaper Than Dirt, Able Ammo, Cabelas, etc. A simple Google search will likely point you to many others that sell online. From there you can compare pricing (don't forget to check whether they charge shipping or not).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered some from southwest, I'll give them a try, thanks for the info.</div></div> Thanks for the order.

I am hoping to try some of their 220 gr 300 win mag loads. I need a substitute for MK 248 Mod 1 and it should fit the bill...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am hoping to try some of their 220 gr 300 win mag loads. I need a substitute for MK 248 Mod 1 and it should fit the bill...

</div></div> That is what we are aiming for.

I'll give another recommendation to SW ammo. We had a new shooter a month or so ago shooting their stuff at 600 yards and it was holding really good vertical.

I agree with the other guys. Try Southwest Ammunition. I havent personally tried it, but have heard great things about it and the price is very fair.

Southwest Ammunition is my first choice for quality ammo. I run their 308 match for the most part when I shoot my 308, and its as good or better than FGMM and is right their with my 175 handloads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Southwest Ammunition is my first choice for quality ammo. I run their 308 match for the most part when I shoot my 308, and its as good or better than FGMM and is right their with my 175 handloads. </div></div>

I'm still working my way through a case of their "run-n-gun" 308 (now discontinued) that I got for a very good price and is actually pretty great from what I've seen. Going to order up some of their new match 308 and see how it does.

Southwest ammo here too. 175smk and don't look back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Southwest ammo here too. 175smk and don't look back. </div></div>

Just ordered some and going to try it.

My last batch was GTG. 3" vertical seperation. 6" windage at 900 yds.

So, everybody thinks Southwest sucks. Got it. (Think I'll order some and decide for myself!) Recommendation for a 11.25 twist 308?

It's been over a month since I ordered 2 boxes oo ammo, Order status still says processing box. Is this wait time on par with their usual orders? Have tried to contact them via both email and left message regarding wait time with no response.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks

Another vote for SWammo. I have had great results with the 175 match .308 (win brass). Shot a 1.8" 5 shot group @ 600y with it last weekend.

Great price
Great customer service
Great accuracy

I'm having a hard time justifying reloading for my .308 with SW putting out such good loads.

Here's my cell number number brother.

480 390 8121

Help has been out, mike made a trip last week to Missouri touring the Hodgdon and sierra facilities.

Everyone is back, extra temp help to catch up and get ahead. We picked some big accounts so time to man up some more.

Zach

Southwest has a proven record of support for, and response to, this site and its membership. From what I hear, it's also pretty hard to beat their ammo.

Greg

Fegeral gold medal match is another great choice..palmetto state armory has the best price on them.

Another bad experience here!

Placed an order on 7/2. Waited and waited. Called and called again until I reached someone. He said he was sorry, just finished my order (on 7/24) and was going to throw in a free box for my troubles. I got an E-mail it shipped on 7/24 from them and UPS tracking number.

UPS tracking number has no info, so I contacted UPS. They said it was never shipped. Called and called again. Got my CC bill yesterday and they charged my card and I sit without any ammo.

Will not order from them again.