• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy M40 wood stocks

WDN-K-9

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 29, 2008
    Mt Pleasant, SC
    I did not have any luck with the search engine, Anybody know who may be making/selling these old school wood M40 sock for S/A and L/A 700s?

Re: Where to buy M40 wood stocks

Some one even had them with metal bedding block, wish i could remember who.

I just picked up a stock from Numrich, part # 553690, for about $180. The forend is the angled ADL style which I will be sanding round, and the buttplate is a Rem plastic one, which will be replaced with an aluminum one. The stock also was drilled for swivel studs but doesn't come with any. It is uncheckered and cut for a Rem varmint contur bbl. It appears to be oil finished. Good luck.

I know someone built one and had some photos posted of it as used in the field hunting, shot a nice deer with it, some guys made a comment about deer being evil in the thread. It was on here a few weeks ago and I am loosing my mind because I can not find it. That is the exact stock I am looking for and I wanted to send the guy a PM and find out some info....