• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Where to buy Wiebad bags, or similar, in Houston TX?

PabloM

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2018
Houston, TX
Does anyone know of a shop that carries PRS style shooting bags? I've been calling around and can't find any place that has these...

Wiebad itself is just right up the road in the Bryan/College Station area. If you want to coon-finger a few before you buy, I’m sure it would be worth the 1 hour drive.

Aside from that, I’d love to hear if a store front like you’re seeking exists in the Houston area.

Agreed, College Station is close by, but it's more like 2 hours once you make the trek up 290... I'm pretty familiar with it, having gone to A&M and making trips to Houston every once in a while. Now that I live here, going to College Station always seems like a real hassle...

It's surprising - or maybe not at all surprising - how the better shooting products simply can't be found in a major city like Houston. Most of the things I get end up being mail order, with reloading supplies being the only real exception.

Nothing prs specific that I have been able to find in Houston. I ordered from wiebad. I’ll be up there tomorrow for a match, but their store is closed on Saturday. I rarely find reason to be in college station during the week. Maybe I need to just make the drive. Fighting 290 sucks, but it is getting better, and if you leave at like 5 in the morning ? it doesn’t take that much time to get to hwy6...

Same here... last month I shot in the .22 match, first PRS style match I ever attended and it was a blast. Everyone was nice enough to let me try their bags, and afterwards I wanted to drive into CS and pick one up but like you said, they are closed Saturdays...

I am planning to go shoot the .22 match again tomorrow, and I never got around to finding a reason to go to CS to buy one. Not really something I want to buy online, since it would be nice to touch and feel them before plopping down $75 on a bag.

Same here... last month I shot in the .22 match, first PRS style match I ever attended and it was a blast. Everyone was nice enough to let me try their bags, and afterwards I wanted to drive into CS and pick one up but like you said, they are closed Saturdays...

I am planning to go shoot the .22 match again tomorrow, and I never got around to finding a reason to go to CS to buy one. Not really something I want to buy online, since it would be nice to touch and feel them before plopping down $75 on a bag.

Try and borrow a few more at tomorrows match and then you should have even more knowledge on which bag you like the best (Which is way better than trying to pretend shoot in a store to get the feel for it)

You can feel my bag tomorrow...:eek: I'll have the Kidd Supermatch 22lr in a green magpul stock, and a fortune cookie in Kryptek highlander. And, my scores will be at the bottom of the page...