• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Where to find Falcon Menace?

jordanh

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
Thief River Falls, MN
I know this question has been asked a hundred times, and allt he answers seem to be rwsnydergunsmithing.com and opticswarehouse.com.

Opticswarehouse seems to be all sold out, and rws's link to the falcon scopes is no longer hot linked... so I'm thinking their sold out too.

Is there anywhere else to look for these scopes? I was also thinking of the Millet TRS-1, but really want a FFP scope.

Re: Where to find Falcon Menace?

sightwonders.com possibly. I, too like the Falcon because of the extended lower reticle for holdovers. But another (brand x) sniper site made the comment that they "gave up on getting .... quality from Chinese sourced scope manufacturers." This site had done some reviews which seem to have been pulled; some of the overall comments on the site talked about scopes breaking - mostly canted reticles - though some others were fine. Anyway, it put me in a bit of confusion because, quality issues aside, the Falcon would be ideal for what I want.

Now, I'm just considering a Bushnell 4200 FFP and putting a Kenton ranging turret on it (OK, that says I'm too lazy to figure the clicks and count them).

I can't believe I never realized what the 4200 elite had to offer before you said that. I think I'm pretty much sold on the 3-12 ffp 4200 now. So, to get way off topic, wheres the good deals on the 4200?

Damn, I really don't know what to do now. I'll have to give sight wonders a call and see if they have the enhanced MD reticle. I'm really stuck on the Bushnell because of the Illum reticle. I hope to be doing alot of dusk varmint hunting... The extra 150$ would be a little tough on my budget but I could just pawn off the Xbox 360 haha.

Any complaints about either's customer service? I've heard of several problems with the Falcon scope... but haven't read much bad about the customer service. I'll have to spend a good amount of time reading reviews tomorrow.

I am in the market for scope and have been comparing these two models also.

Unfortunately, I have to add that I e-mailed sightwonders and asked about the issues with Falcon and whether they had changed some suppliers of parts, referencing specifically the comments on the other sniper site. Never got an answer.

Thats good to know, thanks for adding that. I think i'll stick with the bushnell. I'd rather not play a crap hand gambling on the falcon.

If I were to get a 4-14 falcon, in what type of shooting scenario would I wish I went with the 5-25? I found a 4-14 falcon with the EMD reticle, which is the reticle I want, but can only find 5-25 with the ML16. Is the exta power really needed? I should add that I only have access to a 600 yard range currently. Also, saving the $100 would be nice and go towards ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jordanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this question has been asked a hundred times, and allt he answers seem to be rwsnydergunsmithing.com and opticswarehouse.com.

Opticswarehouse seems to be all sold out, and rws's link to the falcon scopes is no longer hot linked... so I'm thinking their sold out too.

Is there anywhere else to look for these scopes? I was also thinking of the Millet TRS-1, but really want a FFP scope.

</div></div>

I have a Millet TRS-1 and bought a Falcon Menace from Mitchell Ordnance with absolutely no issues.

I'll have to give mitchell ordnance a call and see if they are in stock. I called matt at sight wonders and they won't be in for a few days, maybe a week.

has anyone had to deal with Mitchell for more than just an internet order before? how was your experience?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wrighty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone had to deal with Mitchell for more than just an internet order before? how was your experience? </div></div>

i bought my 5.5-20x50EMD from Mitchell's. it went smooth for the most part except that he never gave me any of the tracking info after he shipped it, eventhough i contacted him about it at least 3 times. that made me a little nervous but everything shipped fine and the scope is in perfect condition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if Falcon has fixed the sloppy turret problem yet? </div></div>

Cleaning out the grease under the adjustment caps will improve that. Not eliminate, but definitely improve. They use some VERY viscous stuff that drags on the O-rings and causes much of the sloppiness.

Are you talking about even after their new turret design?

Their new ones have the three screws on the side of the turrets and their old design has the single screw at the top. The new one fixed the "off-center measurement" problem and is also an improvement on hear/feel.

I ordered a FM from Opticswarehouse in the UK on a WED AM and had the scope in my hands on Friday AM with standard shipping. I was impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if Falcon has fixed the sloppy turret problem yet? </div></div>

I just got one from sightwonders.com and the turrets seem fine. Nice audible click and no slop.

There is a group buy going on with the 5-25s not sure if thats what your in the market for.

Mitchell Ordnance has a few scopes left