• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

I understand your point, but I think you may be underestimating the permanent effect that inflation has had on production costs. Especially for ammunition made in the UK and EU.

If retailers were marking product at a higher margin than they were pre-Covid, waiting for inventory to build up and then forcing them to cut prices might work. But everything I'm seeing is suggesting that everyone is paying more, at all levels of the supply chain. Wholesale and distributor prices are still significantly higher. As are material costs.

I think you may be waiting a long time (perhaps forever) if you're waiting to see prices drop back to where they were prior to 2020.
I'm not trying to convince anyone my opinion is correct...well, maybe a little. Inflation is certainly a BIG factor, and I'm sure it's much higher than what the yellow stream media and other sources say (~10%, yeah...think it's a lot higher), but 30-40% increase in ammo prices is inflated by supply and demand. Demand is higher than ever, and supply is not there.

I saw something on the intardnet today that said 2 million new guns were purchased in the month of August 2023; that's a big number...imagine how much ammo got consumed along with that.

We used to be able to pull up to the LGS and buy ammo for less than what it would cost ordering online plus shipping. The local option isn't there around here, unless you want average or white box* stuff. I bought up the last ~4 bricks of SK Rifle match ($9/box) and SK Long Range Match ($10/box) several months ago. I asked the LGS if they were getting any more "good" .22lr ammo in, and they said, "maybe some day, it's not cost effective now, most people won't spend the money on it".

Shop around, make the best decisions on ammo purchases that you can.

*not Winchester, actual white box no manufacture's name...for certer fire anyway.

Whidden gun works has 22lr in stock

Just ordered 5K for $734 shipped to my door. No sales tax in MT.

Vizards is definitely legit, that was fast
IMG_6231.jpeg

I was at blue collar reloading in person this afternoon. He has a metric ton of rimfire ammo in stock. Saw just about every flavor of SK plenty of eley and more. If not on his website might want to call. Great guy to work with also!

Bobcat armament out of Shelbyville Indiana has sk long range in stock. Not sure how much now but I bought a case because I could pick it up in store.

Were really good to deal with but can't speak to their shipping, would definitely do it again.

Were really good to deal with but can't speak to their shipping, would definitely do it again.
I bought 10 boxes of it from them since it's just not in stock much. They require you to send a picture of your driver's license to them via email in order to buy ammo. Annoying but I did it anyway since beggars can't be choosers.

I bought 10 boxes of it from them since it's just not in stock much. They require you to send a picture of your driver's license to them via email in order to buy ammo. Annoying but I did it anyway since beggars can't be choosers.

Just FYI, Blue Collar Reloading (Salisbury, NC) and TrueShotAmmo (Tempe, AZ) do not require such measures.

Yeah I wasn't for sure on that, had never heard of it before. I ordered online and did in-store pick up. Called to see if they needed it since I still have a flip phone and don't dick with email, said I'd be fine. Picked it up with no issues.