• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get FN SPR actions?

The_Duke

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
macon,ms
Is there any place a guy can get a FN SPR action? Ive looked around with not much luck, seems cdnn had them at one time but that was a good while back, are bare actions even available?

Re: Where to get FN SPR actions?

Call SGCUSA. Last time I was in there, they said they had 9 in stock at $400. Was the DBM model.

I bought one on gunbroker a while back but haven't seen any since then. Keep an open eye in the classifieds. They pop up every so often in there.

not so much, if you have some gunsmith contacts, you could ask them if they have any and are willing to part with one

that was where i snagged my last one

george

Thanks for the headsup, I looked around sgcusa's website briefly but didnt see anything, ill give them a call tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you looked at CDNN sports. I got two of them from them about a year ago. </div></div>

When I was looking for an SPR action in July/August 2011, CDNN said they had long since sold out their stash of them. There were two sitting on the 'broker, one WSM and one 308, but the seller wanted too much money. I called FN, they directed me to dealers. I called dealers, they directed me to FN. I was NOT able to source one. I ended up putting up a WTB ad here on the hide, and was contacted by another member who had one to sell about two weeks later.

Just an FYI: The actions are "supposed" to be marked with "Fredericksburg, VA", and many of the CDNN ones are mis-spelled as "Fredricksburg, VA". So, if you're super anal, and really care, be on the lookout for this. Many of the CDNN (and misspelled) actions have been built into great rifles, so their is no reason to fear them....just an FYI.

I picked up one of the "misspelled" ones and I live in Fredericksberg!! It was my first custom build on a heavy, .260 Benchmark barrel and McMillan stock. I named it, Frankenstien because it was my first build completely from parts. It's a tank and easily shoots 1/2-1/4" groups at 100. Still kick myself for not buying 2-3 more of those actions. Think I paid $350 for mine.