• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to locate an intermediate gas tube?

I faced this recently, put out WTB ads on a few different forums and got a bite after a few days. Mine just showed up today. You can try that, or contact Noveske and see if they have one in stock, if not they can put you down for one on their backorder list. Good luck!

Adam I just picked one up off M4Carbine. I would put out some WTB ads here, barf.com, M4, and watch Rainier's site closely as I imagine they're due for some shortly. You'll want the Noveske one in specific. Good luck though cause it took me a while. If I see one I'll try and snag it for you.

Is this something you can make by cutting down a rifle length tube? Or is it one of those things where the hassle/potential for screw up is high enough that it makes it impractical?

I think I might have an intermediate tube I can sell you in my reloading bench somewhere. I'm on leave in New Mexico right now, but I'll be back home on Wednesday afternoon and I can look for you then if you don't find one before then.

I think you guys are mistaking the mid length tube for intermediate, the intermediate tube is sort of a hybrid it is between the rifle length and mid length tubes

Lol... let's not even get started on the fact that not all intermediate are the same length either...

Sorry, I misread/comprehended as mid length.

Call Noveske or email their customer service, they will put you on their backorder list if they can't get one to you right away.

Does this tub work with a syrac block? It looks perfectly straight .....does that mean it'll work only in a switchblock?

Does this tub work with a syrac block? It looks perfectly straight .....does that mean it'll work only in a switchblock?

If you look closely at the picture, it shows the gas tube to be curved. The Noveske switchblock is the same as any other gas block as far as gas tubes are concerned (it's a regular gas block with the addition of a gas valve - everything else should be the same).

The Syrac gas blocks all have a uniform height of the gas tube port over the barrel, so it should be fine.