• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to purchase boots?

TACTICAL45

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 17, 2007
    Where ever they send me...
    So I am now in AIT, reception issued me the wrong boots and shoes for basic and I have been paying for it ever since. My question is:
    What boots for training? I am in Ft.Huachuca Az., so I will need something for the heat and very comfortable, also who has them the cheapest? I usually wear a 10-10 1/2 wide. All help with be appreciated, thanks!

**Please include model/style number if possible, thanks**

So far I am looking at:
    Oakley SI Assault, they can be found here:
    Oakley SI Assault

Danner TFX, they can be found here:
    Danner TFX

Re: Where to purchase boots?

Boots are tricky business as you need to get ones that fit correctly and will last. For overall comfort and durability in the country around Huachuca I would go with Danners hot weather I am sitting here with my latest pair of boots Corcoran's I bought on sale through BoTach, with rubber bands around the toes because I had to re-glue the soles on after only 6 days on the street. I bought these so I would have a spare pair of boots when I sent my Danners off to be resoled. They are comfortable boots put obviously will not last. There is a lot of truth in the "spend once cry once" philosophy. You have to take care of your feet I ran way too many years in jungle boots with no insoles and socks and I am paying for it now. Spend the money on quality boots and socks you will appreciate it now and later. Good luck in your quest and let us know what you get and why.

I agree with you totally, buy once cry once, that is why I am getting advice here first before buying. I know it will cost some cash, but after what I was issued I am willing to spend!

Have you looked at OTB Boots? I have a pair of them and are really liking them. Waterproof and durable. Very comfortable.

My recommendation for a good boot.

You can NEVER go wrong with DANNER. I have had several pair and they were all outstanding well made boots. If you were ever to have a problem, (I have Not)I'm sure they will stand behind them.

I can speak from experience that the desert acadia goretex are well made and will last a long time

A working partner has a pair of the OTB and really likes them so I was going to give them a try but damn my luck they do not make them in 14. So I will continue to wear Danners, they are hard to beat.

Today I saw on another forum that Danner offers a military and law enforcement discount from the factory.

I agree on Danner. Most comfortable and durable boot I have ever put on. Don't need break in and no hot spots right out of the box.

www.shoebuy.com has good prices on danner and its where I got my last pair. Desert TFX rough out 8"

madd0c

I wear 5.11 tactical Xtrp's and got them a little while ago from lapolicegear.com for 100$, if they still have em its a heck of a deal, they really are great boots.

First, go see your unit 1SG with your Squad Leader. Take your supply paperwork that has your initial issue from basic along to show you received the wrong size boots. They SHOULD help you by getting the paperwork done so YOU CAN DX those ill fitting boots at CLOTHING SALES, ie, turn them in for new ones that fit. If they do not do that and tell you to pound sand, get the Danner TFX's for Summer/warm weather, and the 400g Winter weight boots for cold weather. NOT 200g weight, 400g weight. Your feet will thank you. Danner is the Cat's Ass when it comes to boots.
    Just try to get your 1SG to do the right thing first. If he doesn't you can always call your Pop and have him get the local politician to call the Congressman who will call someone then the 1SG will hear about it from the CO after HE hears about it from the CG or Colonel
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, go see your unit 1SG with your Squad Leader. Take your supply paperwork that has your initial issue from basic along to show you received the wrong size boots. They SHOULD help you by getting the paperwork done so YOU CAN DX those ill fitting boots at CLOTHING SALES, ie, turn them in for new ones that fit. If they do not do that and tell you to pound sand, get the Danner TFX's for Summer/warm weather, and the 400g Winter weight boots for cold weather. NOT 200g weight, 400g weight. Your feet will thank you. Danner is the Cat's Ass when it comes to boots.
    Just try to get your 1SG to do the right thing first. If he doesn't you can always call your Pop and have him get the local politician to call the Congressman who will call someone then the 1SG will hear about it from the CO after HE hears about it from the CG or Colonel
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Great advice all around. My boots are too far for DXing. As far as my pop, they call me OA here, it stands for Old Ass! I got a late start on getting here..............
    I'll look in to the Danners a bit more tonight.

Ill vote for Danners Hot Weather boot.

They will set you back around $200.00 but you can have them re-soled numerous times.

Danner is making boots in China these days. I am not sure if it is all of them or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Danner is making boots in China these days. I am not sure if it is all of them or not.

</div></div>

You can check Danner's website but if I remember correctly, the acadia model boots are made in the USA. Their website does a good job of letting you know which ones are made here.

I'm not a sniper or military graded “any-damn-thing”. I’m just a shooter that appreciates quality equipment. I found a pair of Danner boots (once-worn maybe?) and they are like “rocks” in that they protect my feet and give proportional feedback (meaning that I can “feel the ground”) and traverse it without risk to my ankles or soles of my feet.

What else could a person want in a boot?

Has anyone tried the Bates M-9 or M-8?