• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Where to put the rings on a Vortex Razor?

BlackCat92

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2020
Texas
I bought a vortex Razor HD with a 56mm objective and this is my first long range scope. I was curious where I should put the rings on the scope and if it makes a difference? I am using a 34mm cantilever mount so spacing is fixed.
4A59A051-31A0-4BAA-A81B-A9EFD7547219.jpeg

I mean since you’re using a mount it really doesn’t matter since you can move the whole thing to adjust eye relief.

The technique that I use, and this is a technique handed down to me from pro shooters, involves the precise use of artificial intelligence and super compu...WARNING FATAL ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE!

• Haha
Reactions: Islas82
I usually try to center it but on a semi it really depends on eye relief and keeping the mount away from the charging handle.

I, too, centered my exact scope turrets equidistant between the rings - mostly for appearance. Attach the scope to the base loosely and then place the cantilever on the rail for proper eye relief, keeping the charging handle in mind as stated above. If it works for you, properly tighten everything up according to the manufacturer's specs for the base and for the scope rings. If not, then fine tune the eye relief by adjusting the scope in the base. That's what I do and it works for me. Enjoy your setup and good shooting!

Reactions: BlackCat92