• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to send two barrels for brake install?

slm9s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2008
WA
I'm having a switch barrel setup Weatherby Mark V made (7RM & 338RUM). Does anyone know a gunsmith who can put on a muzzle brake in a decent amount of time and not charge an arm and a leg for it?

I was planning on using the Harrell's tactical brakes. They will have to be timed, but if thats a big price difference I could just use the radial brake and not have them timed.

Thanks, I tried searching, nothing relevant came up.

Re: Where to send two barrels for brake install?

Give Benchmark Barrels a go, great bunch of guys and they do GREAT work, and they are local to you and I

Benchmark Barrels
Ron Sinnema, Barry Graber
1105 Pioneer Hwy East
Arlington, WA 98223
phone: (360) 652-2594
email: benchmarkbarrels [at] yahoo.com

Send it to High Mountain Hunting Supplies in Wenachee. Ask for Mitch. He is M.rolen on here. He re-barreled an action for me the same day he received it mailed it back the next day. Great work and half the cost of anyone here in Spokane.

Rob

Benchmark is my first choice but I believe they are 3 to 6 months out.

Give Tom Ryder a call. SPR industries out of Seattle. He did great work for me.
360-461-6875

My barrels are going to be blued chromemoly. Does anyone do chromemoly brakes? It'd be nice to have the brake match the barrel, but a stainless brake wouldn't look bad either IMO.

How close can a stainless brake be finished to look like blued chromemoly?

Benchmark does all my barrel work, last treading job was just a couple of weeks.

Ask, and you shall recieve. This is the best forum for shooters.You want more, just ask.

Mark at Short Action Customs threaded 2 rifles for me and installed Little Bastard breaks on both. Very nice work.

Send it to RW Gunsmithing. I had a Badger FTE installed and cerakoted. I had the barreled action back 10 days after sending it out. Top quality work and very reasonable price.

Chad Dixon with longrifles in SD. He did a barrel for me in 4 days.

Your in WA, send it to Benchmark or James Thomas at High Speed Shooting Systems - 509-945-6623

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slm9s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm having a switch barrel setup Weatherby Mark V made (7RM & 338RUM). Does anyone know a gunsmith who can put on a muzzle brake in a decent amount of time and not charge an arm and a leg for it?

I was planning on using the Harrell's tactical brakes. They will have to be timed, but if thats a big price difference I could just use the radial brake and not have them timed.

Thanks, I tried searching, nothing relevant came up. </div></div>

Get this.
Order the Gun Smith Model
http://ustacticalsupply.com/thrustertacticalcompensator.aspx

Send it here.
http://www.longriflesinc.com/
(Only send your rifle and brake to this Dixon guy if you want the job done to perfection and back in your hands in a timely manner).

Charlie at score high gets my vote, he can put yours on, or you can buy one of his!

would you all choose the same people to thread or cut and crown? how about a blended thread protector? im thinking flutes and the blended protector but want one stop if possible. sorry to jump in, i am just looking for similar work

Call Charlie, he will talk to you, and get you going with min wait and a more than fair price!

I also reccommend mark at Short Action Customs.

He built a R700 for me this year. Turned out fantastic. Which also included installing a MB. This took some time, but he was also building me a whole rifle with me sending him pieces every couple months.

Also had him do a muzzle brake on a AR308 build. Turn around for the 2nd barrel was very quick.

so you guys would know better, what would/should a barrel flute and thread with a blended thread protector cost? flutes are 110-170?? thread and blended thread protector 150ish? is there one smith that can do it all? twisted barrels, kampfield and someone here does fluting. plenty of smiths do the thread and protector. is there a one stop shop?