• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Where to set zero stop?

MrGreg

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2012
Portland
I understand the mechanics of zero stop.

My question is, if you're zero'd for X yards, is that where you want to set your zero stop, or should you set it a few clicks past zero so you have the ability to dial under?

The upside is, you'd be able to dial under (obviously). The downside is, to get back to zero, you'd turn till you hit the stop, and then come up a few clicks to the 0 mark.

Thoughts?

I have never found a need to dial under. I do have a method that I prefer.
I set my Zero stop for 100 M then set zero on the scope at 250 meters. This is for a MK 12 Mod 1. I then leave it set for 250M. If shooting small targets closer, I just dial down to the stop. I can also just hold 1Mil low. In a way it gives you two zeros with little fuss.

Or you could zero at 100 and hold over. Then your zero stop is set for your zero and you don't have to juggle two zero's or worry about getting mixed up :)

If you don't zero your rifle at 100 yards, you need to allow room "under" your zero to be able to engage down to 100 yards.