• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

where to shoot near Denver

PaulStafford

Sergeant
Minuteman
Hi guys,

I am going to be visiting a friend in Denver in a month. He's an accomplished shotgunner and hunter, but new to LR rifle.
I want to bring my 300wm and some portable steel and demonstrate the coolness of our sport. We'll have just one day, 16 July, which is a Tuesday

Are there any BLM or forest service areas that folks commonly use near (< 1.5 hours) Denver (he lives near Englewood)
I'd like to get out to 1,000 or more, but even 700-800yds would be helpful. I have a good LRF to measure actual.

Thanks for helping me recruit a new guy!

Please email me, I don't visit here too regularly
[email protected]

Check out some spots in Gunnison National forest, I am not sure the exact distance from Denver but I think you can do something inside of 2 hours from Down town Denver.

Also don't discredit going to a local gun shop and asking around, I am sure people will have a better idea of where to and not to

Most of the long range places are clubs, at least the ones local to Denver.

You have Pawnee Grasslands but that is about 2 hours north of Denver over by Briggsdale.

If you can find the place, South West off 285 has a few spots in Pike National that are 1 hour from Denver. But they are not marked.

I recommend looking in the CO Link Up Thread people talk about places to shoot in there with maps and locations.

Since July 16th is a Tuesday I can go to Byers, CRC it is one hour from Denver out 70E they have 1000 yards. I am member and generally shoot during the week.

If your going to BLM, National Forest or Pawnee check if there is a Fire-Ban (shooting ban) in effect before you go. In case you've been out-of-the-loop, Colorado is currently on fire and restrictions have been enacted in most of the state.