• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where would you send it

wade-19

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2010
St.Louis, MO
Looking for some advice on where to send my gun for some work . I have a 700P with unknown round count. I also picked up a Manners MCS-T with the mini-chassis .I am looking to have the action tried, a new barrel, and having it bedded in the stock.
Thanks

Re: Where would you send it

IMHO, with GA Precision being so close to you, why not
send to George and Company.

GAP or Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs. Call them both and see who can get you taken care of sooner.

GAP, no other shop out there like them... Theyre great!

I do own a GAP, just wanted to know if there are other places you guys have used with good success .

GA Precision, Short Action Custom, Pheonix Custom, R+D Precision..... Those are a few

I may may have forgot a few but here is my list of great custom bolt rifle builders.

Tacical Operations
GA Precision
Short Action Customs
Gradious Rifles
Beanland Rifles
Long Rifles inc.
American Precision Arms, aka APA
Skunk Works now know as BlackOps Precision

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may may have forgot a few but here is my list of great custom bolt rifle builders.

Tacical Operations
GA Precision
Short Action Customs
Gradious Rifles
Beanland Rifles
Long Rifles inc.
American Precision Arms, aka APA
Skunk Works now know as BlackOps Precision </div></div>

thats a pretty damn good list right there to pick from

I would add Accurate Ordnance to that list and if time is a concern they might be a bit quicker then some of the others and are definitely a lot quicker then a lot in that list. They will all do you a good quality job (the ones listed).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're in Missouri for f**ks sake. Home to both Manners AND GAP. Send it to GAP and don't look back. </div></div>

I hear ya

Don't send it to Jon Beanland. Those of us who shoot his rifles want him for ourselves.

If you have the mini chassis no need to bed it, spend the money on other stuff.

Send it to Beanland....not only will you get first class work done, you'll also actually get to talk to the man building your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marc at spartanrifles.com

Very good guy!!

</div></div>

+1here

Here's a little unknown gem for you. I have a 7wsm that was built by Cameron Fairbairn from Marshfield MO that has served me well is ALOTA comps making first round hits as far as 1300yds plus. Cameron is a stand-up guy.

Bullseye Shooting Supplies 2879 S Elm Road
Marshfield, MO 65706-8137

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marc at spartanrifles.com

Very good guy!!

</div></div>

+1 great guy, has done great work on my rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send it to Beanland....not only will you get first class work done, you'll also actually get to talk to the man building your rifle. </div></div>

Huh?

I talk to George (GAP) and Mark (SAC) almost everyday.... if you call them, they will get back to you. Most of GAP's staff knows everything there is to know and if you call SAC, you get Mark. He is the ONLY one there doing the work! Actually dont call Mark, he is busy building my rifle right now.
laugh.gif