• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where's the Skid Plates

thrusty

Patriot
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Hedgesville, WV
I've been waiting for months for these to say "available".... Cobra Tactical was my source, but they are all out.

So where's all the S.O.Tech Sniper Skid Plates? I was able to get a A5 in Ranger Green back in March...but after that, they're all gone. What gives?

I completely understand your frustration. Please rest assured that Phil of HTI is working hard to resupply his dealers. We have a large pending order from him & based on a conversation last week with Phil, the latest run of Skid Plates should be available within the next couple of weeks.

I'd be happy to update this thread as I hear back from HTI with a firm ship date for our Skid Plate order. We're anxiously awaiting them just like everybody else...

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

There is now a MICRO size Sniper Skid Plate from HIT Gear:
Triad has all three sizes and all three colors in stock at this .

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Sizes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Micro= 7" Long x 1.5" Wide[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Small= 7" Long x 4 1/2" Wide[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Large= 7 " Long x 6 1/2" Wide[/FONT]

(I think we are the only dealer carrying the Micro right now).

IMG_0927.jpg

It attaches to the stock just like the Large and Small sizes, but with a single strip of Velcro:
IMG_0925.jpg

For comparison, here are photos of the LARGE on and AR-10 and a SMALL(not Micro) on an M-4:
werf.jpg

SkidPlate_Sml_7495.jpg

All the options are available with the same link: http://www.triadtactical.com/Sniper-Skid-Plate.html

Last edited:
Where are the Skid Plates at?

Anyone running one on a McCree? What size?

For the McRee stock you want a LARGE skid plate.

To be clear, I am no longer with SOTECH. As I am the guy who invented the Skid Plate, I took the original version and made it even better. The new, Gen 2 is compatible with both the bolt gun, and an AR system with a Picattiny rail system. \
As I am no longer involved with SOTECH I cannot tell if they will be producing any more SSP, or Sniper Skid Plates, but I rather doubt it. The HTI, or Hard Target Innovations version comes in three sizes. Large, for A-5 stocks, AI, McRee type stocks. The Small is for LTR, and more slender stocks. The Micro is a new product which will fit on deer rifles and is for very slender stocks. It will be out within a week.
If there are ever any questions, please do not hesitate to call me direct on my cell or email me at [email protected].
Thanks,

Phil

So are you re-working these for bolt action rifles as well?

To be clear, I am no longer with SOTECH. As I am the guy who invented the Skid Plate, I took the original version and made it even better. The new, Gen 2 is compatible with both the bolt gun, and an AR system with a Picattiny rail system. \

But, Phil....I really liked the original version. Do you have photos of the Gen2? I need something for my Manners T4A.

Triad provided you with a picture....

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the Gen2 or Triad's take on the skid plate.

Unfortunatly, I have reservations about the way it attaches...I'm not a fan of anything touching the barrel. Works great for handguards and chassis systems, but not so much for traditional stocks.

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the Gen2 or Triad's take on the skid plate.

Unfortunatly, I have reservations about the way it attaches...I'm not a fan of anything touching the barrel. Works great for handguards and chassis systems, but not so much for traditional stocks.

It has 2 Velcro strips for use on bolt actions and well as the sewn in cords for lashing.

Great - now we're getting somewhere. Hopefully one of the Velco strips are sewn in? (like the Gen1)

Follow this link and look at the detailed photos offered:

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*MISC Shooting Gear*::*Sniper Skid Plate

They can be used just like the old product from SOTech, but now have the added option of the more secure shoe-lacing for free floats.

cant wait to get one

If you would like more information and to see more pics, you can go direct to Home | HTI | Hard Target Innovations or to our Facebook page at Hardtargetinnovations.com.
There are lots of detailed pics.
For those who liked the original, the Gen 2 has all the positives of that, plus more enhanced features which make it even better. The best part is that it is part of the Chuck Mawhinney Signature Line and there are many more great innovative items coming soon!

Our Skid Plate shipment is supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow. We'll be adding them to the deltaoutdoorsman.com website later today. VERY excited about getting these into the hands of 'Hiders in the coming days.

Large Coyote is the only option that we are out of and they should arrive on the 8th.

Arrived.

Last edited:
We now have the Sniper Skid Plate IN STOCK in Black, Coyote, and OD Green. Both the Small and Large sizes are available as well.

We'll ship a few that were pre-ordered in the morning, and all orders placed by 3pm CST go out the same day.

Thanks HTI (aka--Phil) for bringing such a killer product to market! Looking forward to putting these in the hands of 'Hiders in the coming days & weeks...

Link for more info or purchase:
http://deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=281

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Last edited:
The Micro is perfect for the traditional size stocks on Rem, Win, Savage etc. Perfect for using off of a tree limb, fence post or out of a blind or ladder stand. I showed my 13yr old daughter how it would fit on her TC 243 and she got it INSTANTLY. "Thats for shooting out of our stand right Dad?" Made me proud...

We now have the Sniper Skid Plate IN STOCK in Black, Coyote, and OD Green. Both the Small and Large sizes are available as well.

We'll ship a few that were pre-ordered in the morning, and all orders placed by 3pm CST go out the same day.

Thanks HTI (aka--Phil) for bringing such a killer product to market! Looking forward to putting these in the hands of 'Hiders in the coming days & weeks...

Link for more info or purchase:
Delta Outdoorsman - Sniper Skid Plate (Powered by CubeCart)

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Put in my order with you today for the skid plate and another combat shirt. Appreciate the quick shipping - ordered this morning; shipped by noon. Can't beat that service.

I have used the original so-tech skid plate for a while now and saw the new and improved version from HTI on my buddy's rifle today and it is awesome! Ceylonc, I have to have one ,pm sent.

Last edited:
My rifle with the Gen2 skid plate from HTI....thanks Ceylon. Went with the safe color option of Coyote...turned out good.

eetz.jpg

The laces will not negatively affect your accuracy. They help hold it on much better thanjust the Velcro. Go to a Palma match and see all the high masters running different versions of mirage bands on their rifles. They are taped, glued, strung, zip tied, you name it. These guys shoot better on an off day than most tactical guys ever will. I'd rather have the skid plate secure when I'm on and off barricades and running around a course of fire than having the Velcro peel off (which it did). I love my A5 version on my TRG. It really helps me get a good NPA off weird objects. You can load the pad like you would a bipod.

Different use of equipment in severity perhaps, but I am absolutely confident in the Velcro retention on its own. I have just over 3 years of using an original SOTECH skid on an A4 shooting off of rocks, fences, posts, trees and other objects in the southern Arizona desert. The rifle has seen enough use that the foam rubber on the cheek piece is trashed along with chips/dings in the fiberglass coating on the stock, not once was the plate in a position where it became unsecure. I have to make a specific effort when I want to remove it. I cleaned the area with acetone before applying the Velcro.

+1. I haven't had and issues with the Velcro. I definitely recommend cleaning the area with an alcohol wipe to get a good adhesion.

Last edited:
In regards to the adhesive quality of the velcro, there have never been any reports of failures, that I have heard of.
It does make sense to sanitize the forestock area with alcohol, in order to remove any oils from the skin, etc. Excellent point, and I will incorporate that into the Instructions for use.
Thank you for the feedback, and for those who are running it hard and getting every cent out of it, you are exactly who the SP was designed for!

I've been running one of the very first skid pads ever made and the Velcro has never loosened up at all. Just another perspective from a happy user.

I believe Tony was one of the first people to test out the original prototype. Considering he could run anything from anyone, that is very positive feedback.
Thanks Tony!

Ceylon,

Just ordered 2 skid pads, thank you for the quick response on the order.

Dave

Ceylon, left you a voice message today. looking to order 4 skid plates and a Condor summit but wanted to talk to you about sizing.

Ceylon, left you a voice message today. looking to order 4 skid plates and a Condor summit but wanted to talk to you about sizing.

Got your message and enjoyed speaking with you today. The Skid Plates & Summit jacket will ship tomorrow. We are fully stocked for all Skid Plates and Jackets at this time...

Appreciate the opportunity and hope you enjoy the gear.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com