• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Where's the Vortex PST 6x24 FFP Mrads???

kskevin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
Cincinnati
Seems like everyone is getting their PSTs and some models are even showing up as in-stock with various vendors. But where the hell is the 6x24 FFP MRAD version? Haven't seen hardly anyone speaking of getting these in hand. Had one on order since April last year. WTF!!!

Re: Where's the Vortex PST 6x24 FFP Mrads???

a friend received his but the box showed a lot of wear and tear
the inside of the box was torn in a few places, cleaning rag was just shoved in there, no registration card
but the scope seems OK
after contacting Vortex Canada he was told that when they receive them in the US the box is open for inspection then repack and sent to Canada after the Canadian distributor open it again for inspection then ship it to the dealer from where it was bought, again open for inspection then sent to the purchaser,
MMMMMMMM to me its .......
have some of you experience this
the scope is great good glass reticle perfect but a bit thin on 6x
turret click are precise
like he says better the box not OK then the scope.....

I have mine. Everything I was hoping it would be. Plan to post a review at some point, but haven't gotten around to it.

Matt - when did you order?

Canuck - when did your friend order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSKevin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like everyone is getting their PSTs and some models are even showing up as in-stock with various vendors. But where the hell is the 6x24 FFP MRAD version? Haven't seen hardly anyone speaking of getting these in hand. Had one on order since April last year. WTF!!!

</div></div>

Read this post in the commercial section;
<a href="http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?

ubb=showflat&Number=2403326#Post2403326" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Where's my PST?</a>

I was told I'm 2nd in line for 6X24

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a friend received his but the box showed a lot of wear and tear
the inside of the box was torn in a few places, cleaning rag was just shoved in there, no registration card
but the scope seems OK
after contacting Vortex Canada he was told that when they receive them in the US the box is open for inspection then repack and sent to Canada after the Canadian distributor open it again for inspection then ship it to the dealer from where it was bought, again open for inspection then sent to the purchaser,
turret click are precise
like he says better the box not OK then the scope..... </div></div>

Was it customs? I hate when customs do that kind of stuff. I bought some school books when I was in Germany and when I received the package it looked like it was dragged behind a truck along with everything missing inside except one book. The books missing where psychology books and are apparently verboten in Germany.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a friend received his but the box showed a lot of wear and tear
but the scope seems OK
turret click are precise
like he says better the box not OK then the scope..... </div></div>

Customs Finger F&%k's everything, coming and going....

you got a good point CUSTOMS
had a williams full proof receiver sight that came in with the box aft close and the 2 extra peep disk where lost.....
like you say #$% customs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSKevin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt - when did you order?</div></div>

June 2010.

Lucky you Matt. Have had mine on order since April 17, 2010. Still waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my friend ordered in january 2011 and received it last week! </div></div>

From where?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he ordered it from grouse river outfitter vortex
in Kelowna BC

</div></div>

Thanks, I'm sure they didn't have people on a waiting list so that would make sense on the quick turn-around time. Pretty lucky though, most of us are still waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he ordered it from grouse river outfitter vortex
in Kelowna BC

</div></div>

Thanks, I'm sure they didn't have people on a waiting list so that would make sense on the quick turn-around time. Pretty lucky though, most of us are still waiting. </div></div>
yes you are correct
he was told that he was the only one that ordered a Mrad

According to vendors, this should not matter how many people are on backorder. They say they are getting shipped from Vortex based on when the backorder was placed. So unless that company put some on backorder well before the customer ordered something is screwy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to vendors, this should not matter how many people are on backorder. They say they are getting shipped from Vortex based on when the backorder was placed. So unless that company put some on backorder well before the customer ordered something is screwy. </div></div>
I second that
but what can I say.....
reading on SH all the back order and he has his
like you said the vendor must of bought a few a long time ago
your guess is has good has mine

I don't think retailers are getting these right now. If they were actually getting them in, you would see guys on the threads saying so. I know where I am in line and it hasn't changed in 2 weeks.

If dealers only placed orders for scopes they already had sold, there would never be anything in stock anywhere. If I was a vortex dealer and they had a new scope coming out, I'd go ahead and place a few orders hoping I would be able to sell them. Not only place an order for them if I already have them sold. Just my .02

Mike