• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which 16" .308 gas gun is your favorite?

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
I want to purchase a 16" gas gun and am just curious to hear what everyone likes. I have looked at POF, LMT, Knights, HK, etc. So far I like the LMT but I would love hear opinions

All good ones that you listed, I guess you get what you pay for. You might look at Larue as well. I don't have a 16" 308 but I love my 20" OBR.

16obr762_0-ol0v.jpg

Reactions: Bakwa and kl7883
Larue 16" OBR. If i sent the target it shoots people just call me a liar here - so i wont, and they will never experience nirvana.

I have a few different 308 gas guns at the moment and it really all depends on what you are going for

I would rank mine as follows.
LMT MWS, its modular, it can go from a steel cased blaster to 6.5cm in about 60 seconds, its a little heavier than its pears even in its lightest configuration, but is fine as long as keep the rifle somewhat slick.

Kac SR25 ACC, Just a very nice shooting and handling rifle, its light and has great practical accuracy, they have a great track record of downrange use. does it shoot twice as nice as some of its peers, I would say no. If funding no object KAC would be my first choice.

Scar 17, its light, its reliable, it folds.

The Scar really doesn't do anything for me and I am eventually going to sell it to a friend the next time I get back to the States.

I also like the POF Revolution and JP's 308, but have not had the chance to mess around with them. Barret and DD both have nice 16 inch gas guns as well.

I now know of a few people in the circles I deal with that own 7.62 Larue's. All of them somehow shoot bolt action sized groups. If I get another gas gun, it will be a Larue. I've seen too much evidence at this point to want anything else unless I want a match specific gas gun [JP].

Larue tOBR. She's hunted a dozen states, heli hog trip, put literally thousands of pounds of meat in the freezer, and spends a lot of time next to the bed. She's my other wife.

I have quite a few ARs from Larue and others but the tOBR heavy is my favorite by far.

I like my 16” LMT. I have the LW profile stainless barrel. it’s accurate, reliable and compact. I also like knowin I can quickly and easily change barrels/caliber.

I like my two DPMS G2's with 16" midlength ARP barrels and SLR adjustable blocks. Nice and handy. Pretty much unicorns now though.

Reactions: isofahunter
Knights ACC for chrome lined DI, APC for non-chrome, both have cut rifling, or HK for piston setup but it's expensive (more expensive than I think it's worth but it works). Sig 716 DMR G2 looks nice and army adopted it for a DMR for stopgaps so it can't be that bad and it'd probably be my budget choice in part due to that.

Probably won't be long before a 16" version of the Mk20 comes along. It always happens. Already heard talk of it.